Value of Citi Premier Miles?

Old Feb 4, 2013, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Value of Citi Premier Miles?

Just wondering where do you value Citi Premier miles? I am searching for DEL PNQ and can find G8 flight return at around 8700.

Premier Miles website offering the same flights and exact same dates for 17404 miles with no cash required.

Good deal? Never redeemed citi premier miles
Old Feb 4, 2013, 6:09 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Citi itself values each Premier mile as 0.5 INR. This is the rate at which you can redeem on the PM website..

However, you will get a higher value if you redeem PM to miles of other airlines like AI, BA, Delta, Singapore Airlines etc. 1 PM=1 frequent flyer mile on these airlines.
The value derived will be even higher if you redeem on J class on these airlines using their miles.
Sometimes there are special promotions by the airlines themselves which give you extra miles over and above this rate.

So if you fly with these airlines, you might as well redeem against these!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
Just wondering where do you value Citi Premier miles? I am searching for DEL PNQ and can find G8 flight return at around 8700.

Premier Miles website offering the same flights and exact same dates for 17404 miles with no cash required.

Good deal? Never redeemed citi premier miles
17,404 premier miles would get you the same amount of miles on each one of the airlines pm partners with (ai, ba, dl, etc)....since g8 don't have a ffp therefore this is the only way you can redeem on them....

can't really say its good or bad value for the miles on g8 but for me the best value is to transfer to one of the ffp i regularly use....
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Anyway to get a list of Parter FPPs with Premier miles? Can't find it on the website
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
Anyway to get a list of Parter FPPs with Premier miles? Can't find it on the website
guess you didn't look hard enough:

http://www.premiermiles.co.in/RedeemMiles.aspx
Old Feb 4, 2013, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
guess you didn't look hard enough:

http://www.premiermiles.co.in/RedeemMiles.aspx
May be because i know how great you are and how quick you help people...

Just kidding, was at work so didn't do much home work
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:30 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Forgetting about anything else for a moment, 18k miles is way too much for a domestic redemption. Transferring to flying returns and getting a redemption for approx around 10k is what makes more sense, but more so because that's a value I am used to. I understand you may not like the prospect of travelling air India, in that case I still wouldn't spend18k miles on a domestic redemption. It's way too much. Just spend the 10k an buy the ticket then, or look for a cheaper alternative.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
Forgetting about anything else for a moment, 18k miles is way too much for a domestic redemption. Transferring to flying returns and getting a redemption for approx around 10k is what makes more sense, but more so because that's a value I am used to. I understand you may not like the prospect of travelling air India, in that case I still wouldn't spend18k miles on a domestic redemption. It's way too much. Just spend the 10k an buy the ticket then, or look for a cheaper alternative.
yea i figured that was too much, just bought revenue ticket on G8 and kept mile for later/better use
Old Feb 5, 2013, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Are these all 1:1 transfers?
Old Feb 6, 2013, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Are these all 1:1 transfers?
yup....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.