FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1410969-jet-airways-co-brand-american-express-platinum-credit-card.html)

A2A Nov 26, 2012 1:28 am

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Here we go people, I am sure you all were waiting for this one!

Key features:

· 20,000 JPMiles and one-way complimentary base fare waived domestic ticket on first charge

· 10,000 bonus JPMIles for applying before December 25, 2012

The Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card offers Cardmembers a supersonic earn rate of 6 JPMiles for every Rs.100 spend making it the fastest ongoing JPMiles earn rate on all spending and with no limit to the number of points earned. The Card rewards Cardmembers with 20,000 JPMiles and a complimentary one-way base fee waiver domestic ticket on the very first charge on the Card plus 10,000 JPMiles for applying before December 25, 2012.

The Card also offers compelling travel related benefits including complimentary American Express lounge access in Delhi and Mumbai, Priority Pass Membership, and assistance with Visa requirements.

The Jet Airways American Express Platinum Credit Card offers a special 5% discount on base fare.

Cardmembers will also get 5000 JPMiles and one complimentary one-way base fee waiver ticket on renewal of the Card every year.

More details are here: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...card-launched/

JDSS Nov 26, 2012 2:04 am

Have been holding onto American Express Kingfisher First card. Not sure if these offers will be available for moving to the new CC from the Kingfisher first card.

Keyser Nov 26, 2012 3:37 am

Originally Posted by JDSS (Post 19745687)
Have been holding onto American Express Kingfisher First card. Not sure if these offers will be available for moving to the new CC from the Kingfisher first card.

i was thinking the exact same thing....if its not then i think i'll cancel that card & then apply for this one....also, i wonder if there will be any fee waiver or reduced fee for plat members....

A2A Nov 26, 2012 3:52 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 19745862)
i was thinking the exact same thing....if its not then i think i'll cancel that card & then apply for this one....also, i wonder if there will be any fee waiver or reduced fee for plat members....

working on those details. FYI, the annual fee is 10k.

jasepl Nov 26, 2012 4:33 am

What does launched mean exactly?

Seeing it's Jet Airways, it could mean the first customer will get an actual card in their hand sometime in 2017.

Then again, it's American Express and not ICICI or HDFC, so it's likely going to be sooner, in spite of Jet's wishy-washy-ness.

A2A Nov 26, 2012 4:46 am

Originally Posted by jasepl (Post 19746006)
What does launched mean exactly?

Seeing it's Jet Airways, it could mean the first customer will get an actual card in their hand sometime in 2017.

Then again, it's American Express and not ICICI or HDFC, so it's likely going to be sooner, in spite of Jet's wishy-washy-ness.

If we meet someday, I'll give you some details on the ICICI goof up. Can't share on a public forum.

As for Amex, they needed the time to sort out KFA, however, they also were not going to launch till they were sure everything was done. :D

Anish Nov 26, 2012 5:01 am

Any idea if they have a fee waiver for 9W Plats?

An AMEX Plat card + 20k Jet miles with no annual charge seems like a pretty sweet deal.

Keyser Nov 26, 2012 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Anish (Post 19746091)
Any idea if they have a fee waiver for 9W Plats?

An AMEX Plat card + 20k Jet miles with no annual charge seems like a pretty sweet deal.

30k if you apply before 25th december....

Keyser Nov 26, 2012 5:37 am

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 19746049)
If we meet someday, I'll give you some details on the ICICI goof up. Can't share on a public forum.

& that's precisely the reason we have a pm facility here on ft....:p

A2A Nov 26, 2012 5:39 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 19746193)
& that's precisely the reason we have a pm facility here on ft....:p

haha, but it is too gossippy and all that, plus i cant tell you in writing can I? You're a lawyer, you know the implications ;)

Keyser Nov 26, 2012 5:57 am

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 19746200)
haha, but it is too gossippy and all that, plus i cant tell you in writing can I? You're a lawyer, you know the implications ;)

i guess it will have to wait till we meet in person....:D

Mr. Bean Nov 26, 2012 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 19746255)
i guess it will have to wait till we meet in person....:D

This would be a perfectly legitimate use of FaceTime :p

paragbmehta Nov 26, 2012 12:55 pm

have already spoken to the guys from amex who called me.....waiting to hear about any fee waivers if possible :)

I have the amex plat reserve and I think that its one of the worst cards if one looks at the benefits (taj gold + accor gold)

I think this will end up being the best card for AmEx, especially travel lovers but with a fee on the higher side

A2A Nov 26, 2012 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean (Post 19747890)
This would be a perfectly legitimate use of FaceTime :p

boys, back to the topic. save that chatter for a lounge meet or a proper meet. :cool:

paragbmehta Nov 26, 2012 11:43 pm

just found out - amex jet card has a renewal fee of 10k with only 5k miles being credited. Guess its a useful card only for the first year unless they change the renewal benefits