Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Old Dec 12, 2012, 5:18 am

I have more than 100k KAF miles transferred from my Amex card which are now redundant, paid a lifetime fee and Amex wants to completely wash their hands of it. Legally they have the right but we as the end user are the one impacted and would have expected Amex to do something about it.

This experience is just making me dump Amex altogether and stick with my premier miles card
Old Dec 15, 2012, 3:50 am

Programs: Miles and More, AI Silver, Citi PM, Jet Amex Plat
Has anyone received the new card yet? I applied through an agent about 15 days back but am yet to get even a reference number to track the application.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 5:39 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
even i applied 15 odd days back.. but through their customer care.. some sales manager in BOM has been following up.
i have got a verification call from GGN.. think the card is not far away

lets see
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: 9W Plat; Citi-PM; AMEX Plat Travel; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
Applied for this at the Delhi T3 - they have a stall set-up with great OOH advertising.

Amex converted me from KFF to Plat Travel in Sept, so the counter initially refused to accept my application saying that company policy is no two cards can be issued within a 6 month period.

After making a some noise, I called their call center who said that they will honour my request, since I've been a customer since 2010, but they'll have to cancel my Travel card - which to be fair, is only useful for 4lacs spends (for the Indigo vouchers, which is basically cash), and gets rapidly useless after. The only issue is that I'll have to do something about the rewards points since they won't transfer to JP.

So I've applied on Friday - let's see when it arrives. Their rep said it shouldn't take more than a week or two, but my colleague (also a 9W Plat, moving from KFF) who applied last Friday has only got a confirmation call this week.

Also confirmed - 9W Plats get the card for free (and remains free till plat), will get 10k miles for apping before 25dec. No other benefits. 6JP for 100 bucks, 12JP (and 5% discount) for bookings on jetairways.

I confronted them for their asinine renewal price for non-plats, 10k for a year and gets only 5k miles on JP - tongue in cheek they say: "Sir, you know how it is with Amex - call us once the fee is billed, and we'll do our best to reverse it." Just make it a spend based thing already - i.e. spend 5-10lacs in a year and pay no renewal fees!

Side tip - use Citi-PM for all flight bookings, use AMEX JP Plat for all other purchases. Guess that's the better way to earn a healthy mix on both systems.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hthite
Amex converted me from KFF to Plat Travel in Sept
did you ask for this or did they get in touch with you????
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: 9W Plat; Citi-PM; AMEX Plat Travel; SPG Gold; Marriott Silver
Keyser, they proactively called me asking if it was okay to convert to Plat Travel from KFF.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Keyser, they proactively called me asking if it was okay to convert to Plat Travel from KFF.
good to know....thanks....
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:45 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Amex execs have maintained that stand that plat travel was made to replace the KFA card.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: Miles and More, AI Silver, Citi PM, Jet Amex Plat
Amex CC told me today that till date they have not despatched a single new 9W card and asked me to wait for for another week
Old Dec 18, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nrocky:19878216
Amex CC told me today that till date they have not despatched a single new 9W card and asked me to wait for for another week
Same feedback here. Wonder what is taking them so much time.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:14 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
The sales manager did mention that they are still finalizing the list of partners where one can get 20 JPM/ 100 INR
Looks like they dont want a half baked product and change the T&C later (ala Citi PM)
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:24 am
A2A
Original Poster

someone turned up 30 mins late to my office to collect the application today... i sent him back without anything and told him to set up a new appointment. Amex is now becoming saraswat bank
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:26 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bpbindaas
The sales manager did mention that they are still finalizing the list of partners where one can get 20 JPM/ 100 INR
Looks like they dont want a half baked product and change the T&C later (ala Citi PM)
What change of T&C on CitiPM?
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:09 am

Originally Posted by A2A
What change of T&C on CitiPM?
the Citi PM card that we got in Jan is quite different from the current offering (one may say that it has got better)

now we have a uniform rewards structure (10 and 4 PM for INR 100 spent)

and much water has flown under the Jet redemption bridge
Old Dec 19, 2012, 2:28 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bpbindaas
the Citi PM card that we got in Jan is quite different from the current offering (one may say that it has got better)

now we have a uniform rewards structure (10 and 4 PM for INR 100 spent)

and much water has flown under the Jet redemption bridge
digressing from the discussion on AEXP to CITI here, Citi had no plans to let go off 9w-cobranded card. PremierMiles was a separate product which was not made for greatness to start with. when 9W insisted on the breakup, the backup dancer (PM), became the lead actor.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.