Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Subscribe
slightly off topic, but doesnt this card make the plat reserve card completely worthless? I mean, the Taj membership is not worth more than 1k IMOH and all you get then is a handful of other vouchers
Quote: slightly off topic, but doesnt this card make the plat reserve card completely worthless? I mean, the Taj membership is not worth more than 1k IMOH and all you get then is a handful of other vouchers
people who do not like mileage affiliations would like to have it. maybe.

although i see even the lounge benefits and some other bennies are not as good as the new 9wAX card in spite of being the same price.
Quote: people who do not like mileage affiliations would like to have it. maybe.
Or those who prefer to, thru MR transfers, earn miles in other programs. Like BA.
Quote: Or those who prefer to, thru MR transfers, earn miles in other programs. Like BA.
Actually, if you have the Platinum Reserve and would like to get this Jet AmEx Plat card, I would dump the Plat Reserve and use the PremiereMiles card from Citi - effectively has almost the same affiliations.
Quote: Actually, if you have the Platinum Reserve and would like to get this Jet AmEx Plat card, I would dump the Plat Reserve and use the PremiereMiles card from Citi - effectively has almost the same affiliations.
no ability to earn 5x and 10x btw on the plat amex 9w, which exists on plat reserve
Quote: no ability to earn 5x and 10x btw on the plat amex 9w, which exists on plat reserve
Do you really get to use that? For which retailers/restaurants?
Quote: Do you really get to use that? For which retailers/restaurants?
i dont hold one. but i know of people who do and they obviously rake in the points fast! i only use my gold charge card at grocery stores...5x MR
Quote: no ability to earn 5x and 10x btw on the plat amex 9w, which exists on plat reserve
Is this confirmed? I thought that 10x was valid for all Plat cards of Amex
Not true. I haven't kept track of which is which exactly, but with a Platinum card, I do earn 10x or 5x when used at certain places (or at least I did last time I checked).
Quote: Not true. I haven't kept track of which is which exactly, but with a Platinum card, I do earn 10x or 5x when used at certain places (or at least I did last time I checked).
what bit is not true? here is the website T&C:

Quote:
10 TIMES MEMBERSHIP REWARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS• 10 Times Membership Rewards Points benefit at participating merchants is applicable for American Express Platinum Card, American Express Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card and American Express Kingfisher First Credit Card & American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card.
Plat reserve is on the list and plat 9w is not!
i have applied for this.. been talking to their Sales manager and rep for this.. they clearly state that no 5X and 10X miles on the 9W card.. they are in the process of "identifying" a list of partners (perhaps from their 10x and 5X list) where one can get upto 20 JPM/ 100 INR spent
Quote: Do you really get to use that? For which retailers/restaurants?
The plat reserve card served me well.
25 points for INR 100 on Air Tickets(International) & Hotel reservations(Domestic as well) made thru Make My Trip a 10X partner.
What is really frustrating is that I paid the life time fee of Rs. 25k on the Amex KAF card, have held it for 2 years now and Amex is just refusing to do anything about it; i.e. compensate in any way whatsoever for getting the new Jet Card.

Anyone else having similar conversations with Amex?
Quote: What is really frustrating is that I paid the life time fee of Rs. 25k on the Amex KAF card, have held it for 2 years now and Amex is just refusing to do anything about it; i.e. compensate in any way whatsoever for getting the new Jet Card.

Amex is offering to convert the same to platinum travel card without any lifetime fees
Quote: What is really frustrating is that I paid the life time fee of Rs. 25k on the Amex KAF card, have held it for 2 years now and Amex is just refusing to do anything about it; i.e. compensate in any way whatsoever for getting the new Jet Card.

Yes. I have a kf plat card. Was seriously considering paying up the lifetime fee but the crisis stopped me. Amex folks refuse to subsidize the jet card for me
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  15