Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
slightly off topic, but doesnt this card make the plat reserve card completely worthless? I mean, the Taj membership is not worth more than 1k IMOH and all you get then is a handful of other vouchers
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:24 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by paragbmehta
slightly off topic, but doesnt this card make the plat reserve card completely worthless? I mean, the Taj membership is not worth more than 1k IMOH and all you get then is a handful of other vouchers
people who do not like mileage affiliations would like to have it. maybe.

although i see even the lounge benefits and some other bennies are not as good as the new 9wAX card in spite of being the same price.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by A2A
people who do not like mileage affiliations would like to have it. maybe.
Or those who prefer to, thru MR transfers, earn miles in other programs. Like BA.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Or those who prefer to, thru MR transfers, earn miles in other programs. Like BA.
Actually, if you have the Platinum Reserve and would like to get this Jet AmEx Plat card, I would dump the Plat Reserve and use the PremiereMiles card from Citi - effectively has almost the same affiliations.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:53 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Actually, if you have the Platinum Reserve and would like to get this Jet AmEx Plat card, I would dump the Plat Reserve and use the PremiereMiles card from Citi - effectively has almost the same affiliations.
no ability to earn 5x and 10x btw on the plat amex 9w, which exists on plat reserve
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by A2A
no ability to earn 5x and 10x btw on the plat amex 9w, which exists on plat reserve
Do you really get to use that? For which retailers/restaurants?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:23 pm
A2A
Original Poster

i dont hold one. but i know of people who do and they obviously rake in the points fast! i only use my gold charge card at grocery stores...5x MR
Old Dec 7, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by A2A
Is this confirmed? I thought that 10x was valid for all Plat cards of Amex
Old Dec 7, 2012, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by A2A
Not true. I haven't kept track of which is which exactly, but with a Platinum card, I do earn 10x or 5x when used at certain places (or at least I did last time I checked).
Old Dec 7, 2012, 4:07 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasepl
Not true. I haven't kept track of which is which exactly, but with a Platinum card, I do earn 10x or 5x when used at certain places (or at least I did last time I checked).
what bit is not true? here is the website T&C:

10 TIMES MEMBERSHIP REWARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS• 10 Times Membership Rewards Points benefit at participating merchants is applicable for American Express Platinum Card, American Express Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card and American Express Kingfisher First Credit Card & American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card.
Plat reserve is on the list and plat 9w is not!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
i have applied for this.. been talking to their Sales manager and rep for this.. they clearly state that no 5X and 10X miles on the 9W card.. they are in the process of "identifying" a list of partners (perhaps from their 10x and 5X list) where one can get upto 20 JPM/ 100 INR spent
Old Dec 10, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: 9W Platinum, Vistara Gold, Taj IC Gold
The plat reserve card served me well.
25 points for INR 100 on Air Tickets(International) & Hotel reservations(Domestic as well) made thru Make My Trip a 10X partner.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:45 am

What is really frustrating is that I paid the life time fee of Rs. 25k on the Amex KAF card, have held it for 2 years now and Amex is just refusing to do anything about it; i.e. compensate in any way whatsoever for getting the new Jet Card.

Anyone else having similar conversations with Amex?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 9:55 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Originally Posted by rush2hush
What is really frustrating is that I paid the life time fee of Rs. 25k on the Amex KAF card, have held it for 2 years now and Amex is just refusing to do anything about it; i.e. compensate in any way whatsoever for getting the new Jet Card.

Amex is offering to convert the same to platinum travel card without any lifetime fees
Old Dec 12, 2012, 12:51 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Unhappy

Originally Posted by rush2hush

Yes. I have a kf plat card. Was seriously considering paying up the lifetime fee but the crisis stopped me. Amex folks refuse to subsidize the jet card for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.