Go Back   > > >

Old Dec 6, 12, 8:06 am   #61
  
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 172
slightly off topic, but doesnt this card make the plat reserve card completely worthless? I mean, the Taj membership is not worth more than 1k IMOH and all you get then is a handful of other vouchers
paragbmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 12, 9:24 am   #62
A2A
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: www.livefromalounge.com
Programs: AA, BAGold, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, HHonorsDiamond, SPGGold,HyattPlat, EYGold, AIGold
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragbmehta View Post
slightly off topic, but doesnt this card make the plat reserve card completely worthless? I mean, the Taj membership is not worth more than 1k IMOH and all you get then is a handful of other vouchers
people who do not like mileage affiliations would like to have it. maybe.

although i see even the lounge benefits and some other bennies are not as good as the new 9wAX card in spite of being the same price.
A2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 12, 1:34 pm   #63
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist
  
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hoos-ton ;)
Programs: YES!
Posts: 15,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2A View Post
people who do not like mileage affiliations would like to have it. maybe.
Or those who prefer to, thru MR transfers, earn miles in other programs. Like BA.
AJLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 12, 9:55 pm   #64
  
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: LH FTL, UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Posts: 7,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJLondon View Post
Or those who prefer to, thru MR transfers, earn miles in other programs. Like BA.
Actually, if you have the Platinum Reserve and would like to get this Jet AmEx Plat card, I would dump the Plat Reserve and use the PremiereMiles card from Citi - effectively has almost the same affiliations.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 12, 10:53 pm   #65
A2A
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: www.livefromalounge.com
Programs: AA, BAGold, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, HHonorsDiamond, SPGGold,HyattPlat, EYGold, AIGold
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Actually, if you have the Platinum Reserve and would like to get this Jet AmEx Plat card, I would dump the Plat Reserve and use the PremiereMiles card from Citi - effectively has almost the same affiliations.
no ability to earn 5x and 10x btw on the plat amex 9w, which exists on plat reserve
A2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 12, 11:03 pm   #66
  
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: LH FTL, UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Posts: 7,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2A View Post
no ability to earn 5x and 10x btw on the plat amex 9w, which exists on plat reserve
Do you really get to use that? For which retailers/restaurants?
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 12, 11:23 pm   #67
A2A
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: www.livefromalounge.com
Programs: AA, BAGold, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, HHonorsDiamond, SPGGold,HyattPlat, EYGold, AIGold
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Do you really get to use that? For which retailers/restaurants?
i dont hold one. but i know of people who do and they obviously rake in the points fast! i only use my gold charge card at grocery stores...5x MR
A2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 12, 3:06 am   #68
  
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mumbai
Programs: 9W Plat, King Gold, KLM Gold, SPG Gold, Taj IC Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2A View Post
no ability to earn 5x and 10x btw on the plat amex 9w, which exists on plat reserve
Is this confirmed? I thought that 10x was valid for all Plat cards of Amex
paragbmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 12, 3:21 am   #69
  
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: bombay
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2A View Post
no ability to earn 5x and 10x btw on the plat amex 9w, which exists on plat reserve
Not true. I haven't kept track of which is which exactly, but with a Platinum card, I do earn 10x or 5x when used at certain places (or at least I did last time I checked).
jasepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 12, 4:07 am   #70
A2A
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: www.livefromalounge.com
Programs: AA, BAGold, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, HHonorsDiamond, SPGGold,HyattPlat, EYGold, AIGold
Posts: 2,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasepl View Post
Not true. I haven't kept track of which is which exactly, but with a Platinum card, I do earn 10x or 5x when used at certain places (or at least I did last time I checked).
what bit is not true? here is the website T&C:

Quote:
10 TIMES MEMBERSHIP REWARDS TERMS AND CONDITIONS• 10 Times Membership Rewards Points benefit at participating merchants is applicable for American Express Platinum Card, American Express Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card and American Express Kingfisher First Credit Card & American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card.
Plat reserve is on the list and plat 9w is not!
A2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 12, 5:10 am   #71
  
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: BLR
Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Posts: 123
i have applied for this.. been talking to their Sales manager and rep for this.. they clearly state that no 5X and 10X miles on the 9W card.. they are in the process of "identifying" a list of partners (perhaps from their 10x and 5X list) where one can get upto 20 JPM/ 100 INR spent
bpbindaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 12, 6:23 am   #72
  
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mumbai
Programs: 9W Platinum, IT Gold, Taj IC Gold
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Do you really get to use that? For which retailers/restaurants?
The plat reserve card served me well.
25 points for INR 100 on Air Tickets(International) & Hotel reservations(Domestic as well) made thru Make My Trip a 10X partner.
divinedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 12, 10:45 am   #73
  
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 6
What is really frustrating is that I paid the life time fee of Rs. 25k on the Amex KAF card, have held it for 2 years now and Amex is just refusing to do anything about it; i.e. compensate in any way whatsoever for getting the new Jet Card.

Anyone else having similar conversations with Amex?
rush2hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 12, 9:55 pm   #74
  
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: BOM
Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2hush View Post
What is really frustrating is that I paid the life time fee of Rs. 25k on the Amex KAF card, have held it for 2 years now and Amex is just refusing to do anything about it; i.e. compensate in any way whatsoever for getting the new Jet Card.

Anyone else having similar conversations with Amex?
Amex is offering to convert the same to platinum travel card without any lifetime fees
ngblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 12, 12:51 am   #75
  
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: BLR
Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Posts: 123
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2hush View Post
What is really frustrating is that I paid the life time fee of Rs. 25k on the Amex KAF card, have held it for 2 years now and Amex is just refusing to do anything about it; i.e. compensate in any way whatsoever for getting the new Jet Card.

Anyone else having similar conversations with Amex?
Yes. I have a kf plat card. Was seriously considering paying up the lifetime fee but the crisis stopped me. Amex folks refuse to subsidize the jet card for me
bpbindaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:38 am.