Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:23 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I am fully aware of all that, but still don't understand why one cannot maintain multiple AmEx cards, especially in this case.
that is not the case. if you have an icici-jet cc, it does not affect your ability to have an amex-jet cc. all they are saying is all your other amex credit cards will be cancelled. amex rules provide for one charge card and one credit card per person. they do make exceptions, however, rarely!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:25 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by A2A
that is not the case. if you have an icici-jet cc, it does not affect your ability to have an amex-jet cc. all they are saying is all your other amex credit cards will be cancelled. amex rules provide for one charge card and one credit card per person. they do make exceptions, however, rarely!
That is not true in the US - we can have an SPG-AmEx, a Gold Amex, a Plat AmEx and may other variants!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:50 am
A2A
Original Poster

That is not true in the US - we can have an SPG-AmEx, a Gold Amex, a Plat AmEx and may other variants!
yeah. but this is an india forum and we are talking an india issued amex, right? so, these are the rules of amex India.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:43 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Ditto for the UK. I guess it may be something to do with being more risk averse in India. At least in the UK or USA, Amex have a reasonable legal options and procedures in recouping their losses if someone defaults whereas in India, the mass availability of credit is a fairly new thing and companies lending need to ensure that there are processes available for them to seek redress if the worst occurs and with India, I am not sure that Amex entirely has faith in the local laws and processes so that limit cards and have stringent checks before lending.....far more stringent then in the UK where I get instantaneous approvals from the Amex website.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:07 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by d3vski
Ditto for the UK. I guess it may be something to do with being more risk averse in India. At least in the UK or USA, Amex have a reasonable legal options and procedures in recouping their losses if someone defaults whereas in India, the mass availability of credit is a fairly new thing and companies lending need to ensure that there are processes available for them to seek redress if the worst occurs and with India, I am not sure that Amex entirely has faith in the local laws and processes so that limit cards and have stringent checks before lending.....far more stringent then in the UK where I get instantaneous approvals from the Amex website.
that is an unfair comparison. be aware, that banking laws, regulations and due diligence requirements are different in each country. So, if the law of the land asks for a thorough Due Diligence, then amex has to comply.

In the defence of Amex, they are better off than local banks such as ICICI, HDFC and others, who place the requirement of having just one plastic open (primarily credit cards, since not many charge card options in India).they allow a charge card and a credit card each.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 6:16 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by A2A
that is an unfair comparison. be aware, that banking laws, regulations and due diligence requirements are different in each country. So, if the law of the land asks for a thorough Due Diligence, then amex has to comply.

In the defence of Amex, they are better off than local banks such as ICICI, HDFC and others, who place the requirement of having just one plastic open (primarily credit cards, since not many charge card options in India).they allow a charge card and a credit card each.
I am no expert but this is my view as a layperson from outside india. i personally believe rhar the mass availibility of consumer credit indicates that a country is moving up in the world.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Title of this thread should state "Platinum" as well...
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:11 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Title of this thread should state "Platinum" as well...
And as if by magic, it now does.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
And as if by magic, it now does.
^
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:51 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by d3vski
I am no expert but this is my view as a layperson from outside india. i personally believe rhar the mass availibility of consumer credit indicates that a country is moving up in the world.
but is that the point of this thread?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Keyser
that sucks....no more reason for me to get the card....
+1.. I had thot of applying just for the miles
and now I see that this is also mentioned in the link below under Jet Setter miles link..
https://americanexpressindia.co.in/JetAirways.aspx

Bad move from Amex to remove possibility of many more Plat's joining IMHO..
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:11 am

I just got a call from the AmEx rep today, who advised that only the "charge" Platinum card would be canceled if you applied for the co-branded Jet-AmEx Platinum card.

Therefore, no AmEx Reserve, no ICICI-AmEx would be canceled.

They only wanted to make sure that the Kingfisher AmEx Plat card types would be eliminated with this one, apparently...

(Still not sure on the first point about the charge card - will have to clarify with them once again on this - I haven't got the time to meet them)
Old Dec 5, 2012, 9:21 pm
A2A
Original Poster

I just got a call from the AmEx rep today, who advised that only the "charge" Platinum card would be canceled if you applied for the co-branded Jet-AmEx Platinum card.

Therefore, no AmEx Reserve, no ICICI-AmEx would be canceled.

They only wanted to make sure that the Kingfisher AmEx Plat card types would be eliminated with this one, apparently...

(Still not sure on the first point about the charge card - will have to clarify with them once again on this - I haven't got the time to meet them)
recheck that one. I am very amused to hear that a 50k fee bearing product will be cancelled if you signed on to a 10k fee bearing product. it would be one thing to cancel other credit lines, but a charge line... someone definitely gave the wrong info here.
As for the ICICI Amex, it is not even from the amex stable, so it is not related to American Express Banking Corp in India.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: 9W SILVER, KRISFLYER SILVER, PRIORITY CLUB PLAT
Agree with A2A. I have a AMEX GOLD Charge card. Just spoke to the AMEX helpline and they confirmed that in India a charge card and a credit card is allowed to be held by an individual. So any one who has a charge card should be able to apply for the Jet Airways Co branded credit card.

Also from the terms and conditions
"The Welcome benefits (Welcome Bonus JPMiles, Complimentary one way ticket and 25% Premiere Companion Discount Voucher) will be available to JetPrivilege Platinum members and members who selected American Express in the Wheel of Fortune contest on payment of annual fees only"

For plat member who are not paying the fees, the 10000 points bonus should be applicable as the 10000 bonus points is for applications before 25th December. Also the above quote also mentions the exact exclusions for plat members not paying fees, and it does not mention the 10000 points for early birds....

any ways the card executive is coming today and shall re confirm the last point after discussing it with him too...
Old Dec 6, 2012, 6:04 am
A2A
Original Poster

just heard from a high up in Amex, non-negotiable. you don't pay, you don't get the benefits of the welcome gift. I guess...they learnt from everyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.