Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

2013 FlyerTalk Awards: Jet Airways JetPrivilege benefits nominations

View Poll Results: What is the best benefit of Jet Airways JetPrivilege? PLEASE READ POST
Bonus Points including tier points thru HDFC credit card spend
60.00%
Complimentary Upgrades with vouchers
40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old Nov 21, 2012, 3:32 pm
Retired admin. Please direct issues to IBobi.
Original Poster

This poll will determine which benefit for this rewards program will appear on the January ballot for the 2013 FlyerTalk Awards.

Please note that once you have cast a poll vote, it cannot be changed.

You may vote in any or all of the nominations polls across FlyerTalk. Simply navigate to your favorite program’s forum and cast your vote. Links to all polls can be found here!

This poll will close December 11, 2012.

Official FlyerTalk Awards balloting begins January 15, 2013.

The FlyerTalk Awards are sponsored by:

Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:36 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
you should change the first one to "capability to earn miles via various credit card tie-ups with HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and American Express"
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
also, the fee waiver for platinum members is only on domestic fares, not international....
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
you should change the first one to "capability to earn miles via various credit card tie-ups with HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank and American Express"
i believe the 'tier points' earning capability is only with the hdfc card....correct????
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:38 am
A2A

Originally Posted by Keyser
i believe the 'tier points' earning capability is only with the hdfc card....correct????
yes, which was sort of useless. because there are no other ways to earn Bonus Tierpoints. that is why i suggested that if they wanted to have something to do with the CCs, they should have the right benefit in there
Old Nov 28, 2012, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by A2A
yes, which was sort of useless. because there are no other ways to earn Bonus Tierpoints. that is why i suggested that if they wanted to have something to do with the CCs, they should have the right benefit in there
makes sense....
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:33 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Keyser
Correct.
Originally Posted by A2A
I disagree. The fact that elite status can now be earned solely thru credit card spend is only possible with the HDFC credit card. And that is a clear distinguishing feature that separates this particular card from other Jet credit cards. And it is a first for Jet airways too.

The other cards IMO are just "common" in that they allow redeemable miles to be earned. However, if you feel all credit cards are a benefit in themselves, maybe use the "nominate a different benefit" option...
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: JP, kingfisher, skywards, Flying returns, mileage plus, aeroplan
20% discount for redeeming through their website
Old Nov 28, 2012, 9:18 pm

I nominate a different benefit see my post below

The large number of partners Jet have is great.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by jasepl
The large number of partners Jet have is great.
**But**, so are the fees now!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 9:22 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I disagree. The fact that elite status can now be earned solely thru credit card spend is only possible with the HDFC credit card. And that is a clear distinguishing feature that separates this particular card from other Jet credit cards. And it is a first for Jet airways too.
Who cares about tier points? (Not me)

This will result in characters who really don't fly getting status and we then have to compete with them for seats, upgrades, waitlisting, etc...

I really prefer the upgrade voucher *extra* benefit - which Jet should implement again with the other cc partners - so at least we have a choice where and how we earn the "extra" benefit with spends...

No other airline has this option that I know of - a big mistake, again - on the part of Jet!
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:54 am

I think you're both right.

Tier points linked to credit card spending is indeed a unique feature. Albeit, ultimately, not necessarily a good one.

So whilst they run the very real risk of someone earning elite status by flying Emirates and Indigo a lot, with elite status on Jet being of increasingly diminishing value, I don't know if it's going to do significant damage.

By the way, isn't the Amex supposed to be the most expensive, and, therefore the most "elite". If so, wouldn't it make more sense to link this feature with the Amex instead? Or maybe they're going for quantity over quality here too.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:51 am
A2A

By the way, isn't the Amex supposed to be the most expensive, and, therefore the most "elite". If so, wouldn't it make more sense to link this feature with the Amex instead? Or maybe they're going for quantity over quality here too.
all of these features are dreamt up in the product management divisions of the banks... and someone has to pay jet to award that reward point. just like someone had to pay jet to get that voucher for upgrade with the citi tieup earlier. guess it was not a great proposition for AX.

the only thing Jet is giving from its pocket is the base fare waiver ticket and the discount codes to all the partners.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by A2A
all of these features are dreamt up in the product management divisions of the banks... and someone has to pay jet to award that reward point. just like someone had to pay jet to get that voucher for upgrade with the citi tieup earlier. guess it was not a great proposition for AX.

the only thing Jet is giving from its pocket is the base fare waiver ticket and the discount codes to all the partners.
Yeah that's true. I'd have thought there would be some input from Jet about positioning and image, but I should have known better.

Clearly they decided to go to the highest bidder and damn the image and value, so long as it fetches 25 paise more.

We've seen it elsewhere, so why not here.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:23 pm

I think you're both right.

Tier points linked to credit card spending is indeed a unique feature. Albeit, ultimately, not necessarily a good one.

So whilst they run the very real risk of someone earning elite status by flying Emirates and Indigo a lot, with elite status on Jet being of increasingly diminishing value, I don't know if it's going to do significant damage.
Actually, I now do recall that Continental had a credit card that allowed one to earn EQM for status.

However, this has now morphed into another United credit card, but one cannot attain 1K (top tier status with flying, not spend $$ on tickets - that's GS status) and I think you can get EQM up to Plat (one step lower than 1K) on UA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.