Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet now offering paid upgrades online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet now offering paid upgrades online?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by simz
Have you ever got an op-up with Jet..??? I have never ever heard of anyone getting an op-up with Jet.. like never.. the only time I came close to experiencing it was when I was booked CCU-BKK for my honeymoon and I got an upgrade through vouchers, and the check in agent told me, he is doing it without the voucher itself.. that's one time in a decade of flying..
i've gotten quite a few back in the day including one from première to first in 2008....but just one over the last couple of years....
Old Sep 11, 2012, 3:00 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by A2A
i got one on the way back from kuwait recently. too bad there was not even PTV in the 900ER they used on the route. In the past, i think one time on BRU as well, but other times usually via vouchers.
I guess mostly it is the plat's who get it.. i traveled with them extensively in 2005- 2007 and then in 2009-2010.. though somehow I never managed to hit as much as the Silver status, due to my erratic schedule, but then too never got any op up.. infact one time, in not so distant past (read May 2012), I had to sit down and explain the check in agent how a voucher works, for me to get an upgrade..!!!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Have you ever got an op-up with Jet..??? I have never ever heard of anyone getting an op-up with Jet.. like never.. the only time I came close to experiencing it was when I was booked CCU-BKK for my honeymoon and I got an upgrade through vouchers, and the check in agent told me, he is doing it without the voucher itself.. that's one time in a decade of flying..
This year, have been flying CCU - BKK - CCU sector a lot ( already more than 20 round trips ).. this sector is full of traders / courier traffic and many of the flights are full in Y..I have got up-up's IIRC 7-8 times in ~ 40 flights in this route as of now..
Though I am only still a Gold, ( started this year with a Blue Plus), I guess I was given upgrades because all ( 99%) of other pax were traders who fly 2-3 round trips a week and are hence ofcourse Plat but the staff would rather take vouchers from them than give them Op-ups ..
Once when travelling with family, I gave them 1 voucher and then upgraded both of us , so that was good too..
Old Sep 12, 2012, 7:38 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
This year, have been flying CCU - BKK - CCU sector a lot ..............
Guess CCU BKK CCU sector is a different story altogether..

on a side subject, can someone tell me, that if I book a ticket through Jet Miles and later cancel the ticket, what is the charge for it ? do they refund the miles with some minimum charge, or is the entire miles down the drain ? and do they charge something in cash also ?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:36 pm

Guess CCU BKK CCU sector is a different story altogether..

on a side subject, can someone tell me, that if I book a ticket through Jet Miles and later cancel the ticket, what is the charge for it ? do they refund the miles with some minimum charge, or is the entire miles down the drain ? and do they charge something in cash also ?

Yup , this sector and I believe also MAA - CCU - MAA sector ( which TG flies) is totally different that any other intl sectors IME..

Details on award cancellations here..
http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Term...Privilege.aspx

10.3.6 A processing fee of 500 JPMiles will be charged for a Jet Award ticket cancelled more than one hour before the departure of the flight in case of travel within India and more than 3 hours before departure incase of international travel.
However, this cancellation fee is waived for our JetPrivilege Platinum and Gold members.
In addition, a Transaction Fee of Rs.150/- will be payable per ticket, per guest / passenger. This Transaction Fee is applicable to all JetPrivilege members, irrespective of the tier. Pls refer to the heading “Transaction Fees” on this page, for more information.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
To any of you who have successfully used this feature - what COS does the new seat book into? D-class or I/P-class?
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
So I got this in the mail for a flight I'm taking to BLR tomorrow..

Dear Guest,

Thank you for booking your flight with JetKonnect.

We are pleased to offer you an option to upgrade your current booking to Premiere (Business Class) for a nominal upgrade fee of INR 5000.

To avail this upgrade offer simply click here or paste the below customized link in your browser
https://secure.jetairways.com/abcd

Please note this offer has limited seats and is available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Also, this offer is available upto 2 hours prior to departure (for flights within India) and upto 12 hours prior to departure (for international flights). Do read the terms of this offer displayed after clicking the above link.
I'm guessing maybe this is cause the J cabin is completely empty.. Will be interesting to see how many people bite and take the upgrade tomorrow.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I'm still wondering what class it books into...
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Anish
So I got this in the mail for a flight I'm taking to BLR tomorrow..

I'm guessing maybe this is cause the J cabin is completely empty.. Will be interesting to see how many people bite and take the upgrade tomorrow.
whats the rooute -- GOA to BLR ?5k seems expensive as BKK - CCU charges 4.5k
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
whats the rooute -- GOA to BLR ?5k seems expensive as BKK - CCU charges 4.5k
Yup Goa-Blore.. Y tickets are priced at 4k one way so add 5k to that and it works out to 9k which is pretty the standard J pricing.

Stupid expensive. I would've taken it if it was 2-2.5k. Maybe I'll go to the CI counter tomorrow and try to negotiate :P
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:15 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
the MRS availed of this last week on BLR-DEL.. she was asked for 4K and got booked in P
Old Sep 28, 2012, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by galaticos
the MRS availed of this last week on BLR-DEL.. she was asked for 4K and got booked in P
At least that's decent...
Old Oct 1, 2012, 8:20 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
From their monthly mailer today..

Unfortunately I know have any future booking with Jet right now so can't use the manage booking feature but can anybody check if upgrades are available on their sectors and for how much?
Yes they do.

I received an email from them a day prior to my KWI-BOM flight offering an upgrade of USD 150.

But the link didn't work properly.

I showed the email at the counter, paid the USD150, and got on Premiere.

But I didn't get the cabin bonus miles. Am I supposed to?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Paid 2k for a HYD-BOM flight.. Got booked into D. Great VFM imho.

Originally Posted by SQueeze
But I didn't get the cabin bonus miles. Am I supposed to?
Nope.. You will only get miles as per original class of booking..
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:10 am

Programs: BAEC
I'm flying DAC-CCU today. I was emailed a few times regarding paying for an upgrade. I was offered a price of BDT 13,000 to upgrade. My original ticket was BDT 8,000, or at the time, only BDP 15,000 for Premiere. Ridiculous pricing, especialy on a 30 minunte flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.