Jet Airways ICICI Bank credit Card

Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:31 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Oh dear God. Aren't you a glutton for punishment !
Old Aug 31, 2012, 3:35 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
You should have seen how hard I tried to get their co-branded SQ one - but never succeeded! Do they even have that offered now?
the SQ one is discontinued. I have a feeling they will also discontinue the BA one when the agreement expires.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I am not gonna apply for this one. PM card gives better value IMHO.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
I am not gonna apply for this one. PM card gives better value IMHO.
I don't know all the details of this card, but that will depend on what's more important to an individual. If Jet-specific benefits are important, than the ICICI/HDFC cards will almost certainly be the better option over PM or anything else, even if their offering is rubbish.

I - and I suspect you too - don't care to be tied down to Jet, so PM is better for us.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasepl
I don't know all the details of this card, but that will depend on what's more important to an individual. If Jet-specific benefits are important, than the ICICI/HDFC cards will almost certainly be the better option over PM or anything else, even if their offering is rubbish.

I - and I suspect you too - don't care to be tied down to Jet, so PM is better for us.
I can never spend Jet miles. Been holding onto them for years but now I have almost 30k expiring every 3-4 months

PM offers me 10 miles per Rs100 I spend on Jet so I am happy with that.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
I can never spend Jet miles. Been holding onto them for years but now I have almost 30k expiring every 3-4 months

PM offers me 10 miles per Rs100 I spend on Jet so I am happy with that.
Yep - that's what I like about PM. That I'm not tethered to any one airline, especially now I hardly fly Jet anymore, so the freedom is nice.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasepl
Yep - that's what I like about PM. That I'm not tethered to any one airline, especially now I hardly fly Jet anymore, so the freedom is nice.
Very nice indeed.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 4:35 pm
A2A
Original Poster

i heard from a reader of my blog that he could not get the top-most card application (sapphiro) coz he did not have a 1.25 lakh credit card limit to show from another bank. so, even the salaried class need a CC limit to get the highest end card.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:22 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
apparently i'm not eligible for the icici card....first i checked on their website which said i could swap my current icici card for the jet card....when i called icici they told me its not possible....so i asked if i could apply for it instead & they told me its only for salaried individuals....since i am technically not a salaried employee (all lawyers in my firm are on permanent retainers) therefore i am not eligible to apply....
this flipping not allowed is a goofup at the call centre. corporate just confirmed to me that the flip is allowed. so, read out the riot act to the guys who tell u it is not possible.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
this flipping not allowed is a goofup at the call centre. corporate just confirmed to me that the flip is allowed. so, read out the riot act to the guys who tell u it is not possible.
i called them back a couple of days ago & told them i wanted to cancel the current card i have....since its their top end card they wanted to know the reason why....i told them about my conversation with their call center earlier & they said someone would get back to me....later that day i got a call back from a senior relationship manager & he said he will be able to swap the card & will be sending someone over this week to get the application form signed....

pretty surprising to expect this type of service from icici but i'm not saying anything else till the swap takes place....
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:17 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by A2A
15K. 5k for signing up before 30 sep 2012
Originally Posted by Anish
Great way for 9W Plats to rake in 10k miles for free.
Any idea if they are waiving the 1st year charges for their own clients and holders of their ( platinum / titanium CC's) ? ( Something similar to what hdfc bank is doing)
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:28 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Any idea if they are waiving the 1st year charges for their own clients and holders of their ( platinum / titanium CC's) ? ( Something similar to what hdfc bank is doing)
no idea yet. the product manager is fuming that sales is screwing up things by giving away incomplete or wrong info. i'm waiting for jet to tell me if i can get the 1 yr fee waiver under that lottery thingie they did a few weeks back. so not made a move yet.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:28 am

Programs: 9W Platinum, Vistara Gold, Taj IC Gold
glad it worked for you....i know 2 other people who got the same message as me after choosing 'self employed'....
My application got rejected as well!
After it was approved....................
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by divinedoc
My application got rejected as well!
After it was approved....................
time to contact my RM in this bank.. and find out more info..
Old Sep 12, 2012, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i called them back a couple of days ago & told them i wanted to cancel the current card i have....since its their top end card they wanted to know the reason why....i told them about my conversation with their call center earlier & they said someone would get back to me....later that day i got a call back from a senior relationship manager & he said he will be able to swap the card & will be sending someone over this week to get the application form signed....

pretty surprising to expect this type of service from icici but i'm not saying anything else till the swap takes place....
just a follow up....someone from icici came today to get the forms signed....he said i should get the card within 15 days....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.