Wiki Posts
Search

JetAirways miles useful in US?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2012, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS
JetAirways miles useful in US?

My company is sending me to India and they put me on a Jet Airways flight. From what I can tell, they're not in any alliance, but they do have a frequent flyer program. Since it's such a long distance, it would be a shame to not put the miles to use. Does anyone know if there's any other airlines (particularlly US-based airlines) that I could possibly use the miles for?

Edit: Should've researched a bit more before posting. I can still send the miles to my US Airways account as they have a partnership. They aren't prefered-qualifying though, which sucks, but it's better than losing them.

Last edited by phantom784; Aug 14, 2012 at 2:06 pm
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:06 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by phantom784
My company is sending me to India and they put me on a Jet Airways flight. From what I can tell, they're not in any alliance, but they do have a frequent flyer program. Since it's such a long distance, it would be a shame to not put the miles to use. Does anyone know if there's any other airlines (particularlly US-based airlines) that I could possibly use the miles for?
Yes, Jet pretty much sleeps with all the legacy US carriers including AA, DL, UA and US. Redemption rates are very reasonable for domestic flights in North America, but the process of booking partner awards is really tiresome.

Partner details here:

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/JetP...epartners.aspx
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Yes, Jet pretty much sleeps with all the legacy US carriers including AA, DL, UA and US. Redemption rates are very reasonable for domestic flights in North America, but the process of booking partner awards is really tiresome.

Partner details here:

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/JetP...epartners.aspx
i think the op would be better of crediting the miles to the american carrier of his choice....no point in getting 15-20k 9w miles & then trying to use them for partner airlines....
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS
I'll just send them to my US Air account. I have like 60k now, so the flights to India and back, plus a few more K from spening on my card, should get me up to the 80K for a free trip to Europe!

Another stupid question. I have an AA flight within the US before my flight to India, and then a United after I get back (connecting between NYC and Pittsburgh). There are three seperate reservation numbers for the three airlines. Will my baggage still be checked through all the way to India?
Old Aug 15, 2012, 9:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
There are three seperate reservation numbers for the three airlines. Will my baggage still be checked through all the way to India?
Not it will not and even if the check-in agent offers to check them through I wouldn't risk it.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 10:42 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'll just send them to my US Air account. I have like 60k now, so the flights to India and back, plus a few more K from spening on my card, should get me up to the 80K for a free trip to Europe!

Another stupid question. I have an AA flight within the US before my flight to India, and then a United after I get back (connecting between NYC and Pittsburgh). There are three seperate reservation numbers for the three airlines. Will my baggage still be checked through all the way to India?
Which airline are you flying to and from India?

Please post your full itinerary (leave dates out if you want)...
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Which airline are you flying to and from India?
read the first post....
Old Aug 15, 2012, 3:00 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
read the first post....
D'oh. Misread
Old Aug 15, 2012, 4:19 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club

If they are on the same ticket, then yes it can/will be checked through to India. If not all on the same ticket, you can ask at check-in for the bags to be interlined all the way to India, as AA and 9W have interline agreements in place. On the way back from India, you will have to pick up your bags in NYC due to TSA paranoia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.