Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2012, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by agarwaga
HDFC call center confirms 1st year fee waiver for Citi card holders... However currently not sourcing for Card upgrades.. Only sourcing new applications..
Humm.. Should a call to the HDFC Bank is needed to get this fee waiver>

What are the magic words?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 5:12 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by Whizkid
Humm.. Should a call to the HDFC Bank is needed to get this fee waiver>

What are the magic words?
you need to turn in a copy of your citi statement and your citi cc. magic visit to your office is more like it. have you already taken the jet-hdfc card?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by A2A
you need to turn in a copy of your citi statement and your citi cc. magic visit to your office is more like it. have you already taken the jet-hdfc card?
I've already applied. Attached a copy of the Citi JACC Plat & PM card statements and a copy of CC scans.

Application in progress - Verification call done. (My Salary Account is also with HDFC, if it helps).

Should I make a call once the card is delivered to get the fee waived? or is it automatic?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
I've already applied. Attached a copy of the Citi JACC Plat & PM card statements and a copy of CC scans.

Application in progress - Verification call done. (My Salary Account is also with HDFC, if it helps).

Should I make a call once the card is delivered to get the fee waived? or is it automatic?
I guess it would be automatic as you have already given all the docs.. but YMMV..
Old Sep 3, 2012, 7:01 am
A2A
Original Poster

automatic i presume. i just turned in my dox once i was told it was free. else i was not planning to apply :P
Old Sep 3, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: 9W Silver, AI Flying returns
If I am not mistaken, there is a jet airways Amex card coming up as well or is the icici Amex card the only jet airways Amex card?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 2:17 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by indomitable
If I am not mistaken, there is a jet airways Amex card coming up as well or is the icici Amex card the only jet airways Amex card?
that one will be a while coming. some legalese holds it back. maybe another couple of months
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:13 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Applied for the Hdfc card. But only because of the bonus miles and first year fee waiver for Citibank card holders. However, for cancelling card, I need to write a snail mail to a postal address. Was planning on applying for icici also but spending 5000 rupees doesn't seem worth it. I am very happy with my premier miles card.

Although the american express icici bank card sounds quite good.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:26 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shahadil
Applied for the Hdfc card. But only because of the bonus miles and first year fee waiver for Citibank card holders. However, for cancelling card, I need to write a snail mail to a postal address. Was planning on applying for icici also but spending 5000 rupees doesn't seem worth it. I am very happy with my premier miles card.

Although the american express icici bank card sounds quite good.
the threat of cancellation is good enough sometimes to waive the fee
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:51 am
Used to be shahadil

had applied online on the hdfc bank website an hour back for the card. got a call right now and there is someone coming by afternoon to collect 5 documents and an application form. 5 documents are pan, latest salary slip, visiting card or company id, citibank credit card statement for determining credit limit which he said would be the same as my citibank card. ( and now i dont remember the 5th document)

there were also questions asked like do i have hdfc a/c, salary a/c, jp a/c, jacc card, premier miles card and would i like to go for jet airways card or any other card, my net salary. based on answers, he said i am eligible for the world card.

the interesting bit he told me without my asking were:
1) since you had citibank card, your first year fees of 2499 will be waived off. (very nice)
2) renewal fees will be 2499 which also will be waived off if you spend more than 3.5 lakh in a year on the card, or near 3.5 lakh per year. he also stressed on the near 3.5 lakh part 2-3 times.

should be having someone over by evening for the documents. and in 5 working days i should have the card with me.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 1:55 am

had applied online on the hdfc bank website an hour back for the card. got a call right now and there is someone coming by afternoon to collect 5 documents and an application form. 5 documents are pan, latest salary slip, visiting card or company id, citibank credit card statement for determining credit limit which he said would be the same as my citibank card. ( and now i dont remember the 5th document)

there were also questions asked like do i have hdfc a/c, salary a/c, jp a/c, jacc card, premier miles card and would i like to go for jet airways card or any other card, my net salary. based on answers, he said i am eligible for the world card.

1) since you had citibank card, your first year fees of 2499 will be waived off. (very nice)
2) renewal fees will be 2499 which also will be waived off if you spend more than 3.5 lakh in a year on the card, or near 3.5 lakh per year. he also stressed on the near 3.5 lakh part 2-3 times.

should be having someone over by evening for the documents. and in 5 working days i should have the card with me.
sounds good..
I will also try this .. hope the bank folks in CCU are as pro-active..
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:01 am
A2A
Original Poster

5th document is the photocopy of your Citibank CC. i don't see myself using it for 3.5 L at all. just for the initial bonus i will take it though since it comes free :P
Old Sep 4, 2012, 2:05 am
Used to be shahadil

Originally Posted by A2A
5th document is the photocopy of your Citibank CC. i don't see myself using it for 3.5 L at all. just for the initial bonus i will take it though since it comes free :P
he just called again to confirm the evening visit, and i asked him for the 5th document. was the address proof i had forgotten . anyway, i dont need to worry, have a copier at home and all the documents are also at home. he did not mention the card copy, just the card statement
Old Sep 4, 2012, 5:26 am
Used to be shahadil

yes there was a 6th document required, the photo copy of the premier miles card, and yes one photograph, which was not mentioned. a 2 page form, also signed a page where it is mentioned first year is free. now if only something like this is an option for the icici bank credit card too.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 6:48 am

yes there was a 6th document required, the photo copy of the premier miles card, and yes one photograph, which was not mentioned. a 2 page form, also signed a page where it is mentioned first year is free. now if only something like this is an option for the icici bank credit card too.
thanks for the update..
My ICICI RM confirmed that waiver is not possible ..
so seems I can apply for this and atleast get 5k points for the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.