FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   JPMiles Conversion to Any US program (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1374325-jpmiles-conversion-any-us-program.html)

akanksha.chawla Aug 6, 2012 12:02 pm

JPMiles Conversion to Any US program

I have around 20,000 JPMiles which will expire by end of next month.
Is there any US program(Hotel/Airline) where I can transfer these?

A2A Aug 6, 2012 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by akanksha.chawla (Post 19069778)
I have around 20,000 JPMiles which will expire by end of next month.
Is there any US program(Hotel/Airline) where I can transfer these?

i don't think you can transfer these to any program, not to my knowledge. however, if you have any travels coming up, Jet books award tickets on United, US Airways, Delta and American... amongst others. only condition, it cannot be canceled or changed after booking.

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/JetP...epartners.aspx

Yaatri Aug 6, 2012 3:50 pm

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Is 20000 thousand miles enough for a round trip award on UA.

Keyser Aug 7, 2012 5:49 am

Originally Posted by A2A (Post 19070290)
i don't think you can transfer these to any program, not to my knowledge. however, if you have any travels coming up, Jet books award tickets on United, US Airways, Delta and American... amongst others. only condition, it cannot be canceled or changed after booking.

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/JetP...epartners.aspx

you are right....the miles cannot be transferred....booking on one of the american carriers would be the op's best bet....

Keyser Aug 7, 2012 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Yaatri (Post 19071206)

probably not....don't you need 12.k miles for a one way????

Yaatri Aug 7, 2012 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 19074134)
probably not....don't you need 12.k miles for a one way????

As far as I know you are correct. I just wanted to confirm. Actually I read the response hurriedly and only UA stood out in my mind. What about he rest of the airlines?
Some will allow one way ticket. Not many need to use a one way trip.

The suggestion of booking an award ticket with JP miles on UA/DL/US/AA is quite silly.

A2A Aug 7, 2012 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri (Post 19075642)

The suggestion of booking an award ticket with JP miles on UA/DL/US/AA is quite silly.

Care to explain why?

Keyser Aug 7, 2012 2:30 pm

i disagree....over the last 2-3 years i've booked dozens of flight on ua & aa using 9w miles....some routes are great value using 9w miles....routes like lga-ord & pdx-lax have only cost me 2.5k 9w miles + inr 125....

mohitmadaan Aug 7, 2012 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri (Post 19071206)

you can take a world tour with that and still have enough left in account :D

Yaatri Aug 7, 2012 7:22 pm

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by Keyser

i disagree....over the last 2-3 years i've booked dozens of flight on ua & aa using 9w miles....some routes are great value using 9w miles....routes like lga-ord & pdx-lax have only cost me 2.5k 9w miles + inr 125....

Oh wow! Only 2.5k miles and about $2.50. How does Jet do that when a round trip award within North America is 25k miles + the security fee?
Are 9W miles cost more to earn? Why would UA or DL or any other other US carrier give the award unless Jet pays the difference in cash?
Isn't that a disastrous heading?
What am I missing here?

PVDtoDEL Aug 7, 2012 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri (Post 19078819)
Oh wow! Only 2.5k miles and about $2.50. How does Jet do that when a round trip award within North America is 25k miles + the security fee?
Are 9W miles cost more to earn? Why would UA or DL or any other other US carrier give the award unless Jet pays the difference in cash?
What am I missing here?

Jet doesn't pay UA or DL in miles - it buys award tickets in cash... if jet values 2.5k miles as the amount it costs to book an award ticket (or more), then they won't "lose money" on the transaction.

hyderago Aug 7, 2012 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri (Post 19078819)
What am I missing here?

It's probably a typo. My guess is Keyser meant to type 12.5k, not 2.5k.

Yaatri Aug 7, 2012 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by mohitmadaan (Post 19078087)
you can take a world tour with that and still have enough left in account :D

Yes, You can take send 200 friends on a honeymoon to Milan. :D

Yaatri Aug 7, 2012 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by hyderago (Post 19079271)
It's probably a typo. My guess is Keyser meant to type 12.5k, not 2.5k.

That's one way award. Do all if them issue one way awards? You still have 7500 miles left.

Yaatri Aug 7, 2012 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL (Post 19079070)
Jet doesn't pay UA or DL in miles - it buys award tickets in cash... if jet values 2.5k miles as the amount it costs to book an award ticket (or more), then they won't "lose money" on the transaction.

It doesn't really matter for my argument whether jet pays in cash or miles.