Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

JPMiles Conversion to Any US program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JPMiles Conversion to Any US program

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by reach2avi
What is the availability typically if one attempts to book a US domestic flight using JP Miles 15 days in advance??
I emailed them 25 days ago for a domestic US redemption for May. They got back in touch with me after a few reminder emails 15 days ago with incorrect number of miles required. I asked them to check again and let me know. Still waiting.......
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:20 am

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
Does anyone know any other city pairs in the US other than the limited ones offered in their chart with the 5K RT price? What about the 1000 other cities in the USA, in general, that aren't listed on the chart? Any idea? On can theoretically get off en route in one of AAs/US Air's hubs on a one way.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
just went through a fairly easy booking process for a lga-ord booking....

sent in the redemption form on sunday....got a reply on monday asking for my passport details, which i emailed right away....on wednesday i received the tentative booking asking for an approval from me to go ahead, which i again gave right away....this morning i got a call to collect the ivr payment & 5 minutes later i had the ticket in my email....

cost me inr 4,184 & 5k jp miles for one way in business....
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: SQ Gold, QR Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
cost me inr 4,184 & 5k jp miles for one way in business....
Was quoted INR 3748 and 5000 JP miles for the same sector on UA while on AA it was a meager INR 712 + 5000 JP a few days back.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by paag
Was quoted INR 3748 and 5000 JP miles for the same sector on UA while on AA it was a meager INR 712 + 5000 JP a few days back.
i was quoted inr 7k & 5k miles for the same sector on ua in june....
Old Sep 12, 2015, 5:27 am

I want to use some miles for a flight from SFO to YVR on AA and since both are within one group

Denver, Minneapolis St
Pl, San Francisco, Seattle and Vancouver

i would expect to pay 2.5k miles and around 10$ fees, right? However, i found no direct flights from SFO to YVR on AA, so my question, is it still only 2,5k miles, even if there is a stopover at another airport, for example LAX?

Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2015, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrLynx
so my question, is it still only 2,5k miles, even if there is a stopover at another airport, for example LAX?

Thanks!
for stopovers jet tends to price the itinerary as 2 sectors instead of one....
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
for stopovers jet tends to price the itinerary as 2 sectors instead of one....
So in the end it might be cheaper to fly *A and United with higher taxes using a direct flight and using 2,5k miles, right?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrLynx
So in the end it might be cheaper to fly *A and United with higher taxes using a direct flight and using 2,5k miles, right?
you will end up paying less taxes even with the connecting aa flight but ua will be direct with less miles....so it all depends on how you value the time it will take to connect & the extra 2.k miles....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.