Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet has (almost!) lost their touch

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Just did a OLCI and there's a new interface that seems to be a lot quicker and the process is pretty streamlined too.

Interesting!

Edit -

There's now a mobile/email print option as well post OLCI and they send you an email with these two files attached.

Last edited by Anish; Apr 18, 2014 at 6:51 am
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
One feature is gone. Earlier one could check in without having the PNR, with name, date and flight number. I did not find this in the new interface.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 11:50 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by tirajat
One feature is gone. Earlier one could check in without having the PNR, with name, date and flight number. I did not find this in the new interface.
i don't seem to have ever managed to get this far without hitting the approximately right pnr two or three times. anyhow, you can now check in with your ffp no. aint that cool?

Also, as per Jet with this system, you can check in online for codeshare flights as well.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Ok, so I've just had the pleasure of ten 9W flights in J in the last 30 days. And I'm not impressed.

1. SIN-DEL: Departed late, IFE did not work at all, they gave up after 3 reboots. Did not hand out immigration forms before landing
2. DEL-PNQ: Front toilet out of order. Seat broken, had to change to a different one.
3. PNQ-DEL: All good as it should be
4. DEL-LHR: Headrest broken (realised only during takeoff as it fell back), so had no head support. Flight full in J, would not upgrade me to open seats in F. Have written in a complaint but no reply.
5. LHR-DEL: All good, except for not enforcing shades down so people were waking up 3 hours before landing with the bright sunlight.
6. DEL-PNQ: Departed late.
7. PNQ-BOM: Departed late.
8. BOM-SIN: Departed late. From a bus gate at the new terminal.
9. SIN-BOM: Departed late. IFE broken - had to change seats.
10. BOM-GOI: All good.

At least the food's still good. And priority baggage works ^
Old Apr 19, 2014, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Savage25
Ok, so I've just had the pleasure of ten 9W flights in J in the last 30 days.
you poor poor man....
Old Apr 22, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by Savage25
Ok, so I've just had the pleasure of ten 9W flights in J in the last 30 days. And I'm not impressed.
You're missing the best part yet.. Good luck trying to redeem all those miles you just earned
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Anish
You're missing the best part yet.. Good luck trying to redeem all those miles you just earned
Easier done when credited to a non-9W program.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Anish
I love Jet miles. Can't get enough of them and I being very serious here. You just need to look for the positives in every program and this one has quite a few.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:07 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by onlysuites
I love Jet miles. Can't get enough of them and I being very serious here. You just need to look for the positives in every program and this one has quite a few.
surprisingly, even though i crib like anything, they are not that bad.. but recently I am starting to bend more towards AI Miles, purely from a better value perspective.. availability of award seats though remains an issue..
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i flew sin-del earlier this week on 9w....big mistake....i had requested a baby bassinet, which the airline confirmed....on board i was told that they do not offer bassinets in business, only in economy....i asked them why they had confirmed it earlier & they had no clue....since i was traveling alone with my infant son, his comfort was more important than mine so i asked if i could get one if i sat in economy....they then said it was too late & i had to request it earlier....so basically what happened here is that i had requested the bassinet earlier & they had confirmed it only for me to be told on board that it was not available in business & if i wanted it in economy then i should have requested it earlier....see the irony here....

i got to my seat & realised it was broken....it would not stay upright....the moment i leaned back the seat would recline on its own....i couldn't even change my seat since business was full....

the lady sitting next to me tried to use her ife but it wouldn't work....they reset it 3 times but it would just freeze on the home screen after starting up....

the guy sitting in the seat in front of me couldn't get his tray table up during meal service....it was getting stuck after coming half way up....the jetkids on board tried to fix this for about 20 minutes & then just gave up....

now these were just the problems with my seat & the 2 seats around me....god knows what else was wrong with the flight....i used to be one of jet's biggest supporters....but now the state of affairs is just sad....i only fly the airline when i have no other choice....
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:59 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
You shouldn't have skipped the Dreamliner..!
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
You shouldn't have skipped the Dreamliner..!
i flew the dreamliner while going to sin....great flight....on the way back ai's flight timing was not working for me as i had to fly back in the evening....that's why i had to suffer with jet....
Old Jun 26, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by Keyser
i flew the dreamliner while going to sin....great flight....on the way back ai's flight timing was not working for me as i had to fly back in the evening....that's why i had to suffer with jet....
Oh.. Ok.
The only reason, my parents prefer 9W over AI on the BOM-DXB segments. With 4 daily flights in each direction, timings are the best thing about 9W.

Wonder when AI will go twice daily here.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by Keyser
out of curiosity, is there a reason why you cannot choose SQ. Surely, they would have been a much better option than Jet especially as they have multiple flights daily to BOM.

Added bonus of being able to credit to AI as well?
Old Jun 28, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by d3vski
out of curiosity, is there a reason why you cannot choose SQ. Surely, they would have been a much better option than Jet especially as they have multiple flights daily to BOM.

Added bonus of being able to credit to AI as well?
it was a personal trip so i was using miles....no miles on sq otherwise i would have gladly picked them over 9w....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.