Jet has (almost!) lost their touch

Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Was looking for BOM/DEL - IXL (Leh) flights for June:

Redemption inventory to / from IXL is Sold-out.
And BOM-IXL is priced anywhere from 65k - 84k return.
And DEL-IXL is priced ~37k return.

Go Air is providing a BOM-IXL (1-hop via DEL) for 37k.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 12:13 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
I had gone in august 2012 on the go air flight. It costed 10k one way then. Dont expect any award inventory though.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Jet has really lost it!!!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by avm2806
Jet has really lost it!!!
what did they do now????
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Originally Posted by Keyser
what did they do now????
What haven't they done... Website showing D class for MAA-SIN two days ago and my mum was traveling - they refused UPG with miles or with vouchers saying seats not there. I was going to do a full redemption but mom cancelled trip finally.
The call centre which had improved was incompetent beyond belief and refused to even waitlist for upgrade even though redemption was coming from a Plat account...
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Website showing D class for MAA-SIN two days ago and my mum was traveling - they refused UPG with miles or with vouchers saying seats not there.
they have been doing this for a while now....its extremely frustrating....
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
I have had 2 mugs of Coffee, before I post this:

Last week, I redeemed my JP Miles on a domestic S2 flight ex-BOM. Now, everyone knows, that the S2 flights are a royal pain if one needs to check-in online or assign seats.

The S2 bookings on 9W stock have always had an alternate PNR. You can see the difference on the eTicket & BP. The alternate PNR was no good for OLCI / seat selection. But that seems to have changed now.

With less that 48-hours to STD, I called up Jet to tele-check-in. I was transferred twice to the 'Domestic' desk and then finally the agent asked me to attempt OLCI with an alternate PNR.

I stayed on call, while I selected seats and checked-in online and got a copy of BP swiftly.

Yes, Jet has just shown an IMPROVEMENT..!
Or is it just a myth..?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
I think the staff needs training on various aspects.

I was travelling on an award ticket a few days back and had booked myself for a 9 PM flight. However, I reached airport earlier and requested the lady on counter to adjust me on the next available flight. Surprisingly, she told me to go to reservations to get it rescheduled (which I could have done otherwise but the flight was going to close in 5 min). When I told her that I flew just a few days back (from a different city) and rescheduled my flight at the counter itself, I was told rules vary from one city to another!! I had to then teach her it is not required to go to reservations for rescheduling award tickets and finally speak to her supervisor. Once the supervisor was there, it did not take her more than 2 min. to do the needful.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by tirajat
I think the staff needs training on various aspects.

I was travelling on an award ticket a few days back and had booked myself for a 9 PM flight. However, I reached airport earlier and requested the lady on counter to adjust me on the next available flight. Surprisingly, she told me to go to reservations to get it rescheduled (which I could have done otherwise but the flight was going to close in 5 min). When I told her that I flew just a few days back (from a different city) and rescheduled my flight at the counter itself, I was told rules vary from one city to another!! I had to then teach her it is not required to go to reservations for rescheduling award tickets and finally speak to her supervisor. Once the supervisor was there, it did not take her more than 2 min. to do the needful.
Out of curiosity - which city?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:54 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
Out of curiosity - which city?
Delhi
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by tirajat
Delhi
Not surprised - in my experience DEL ground services are far worse than BOM or MAA (although MAA has been playing catch up lately).
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:10 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Not surprised - in my experience DEL ground services are far worse than BOM or MAA (although MAA has been playing catch up lately).
The rudest I've ever had is ATQ. Followed by HYD. The others are angels compared to those two!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:24 pm

I wouldn't say the staff was rude (at least during my interaction), but she just wasn't aware about the rules, so tried some random argument to turn me away.

Otherwise, in my experience, the staff at Bangalore is the best.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 4:27 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
yesterday got to the new Terminal 2 at Mumbai to take a Mumbai-Kuwait flight. Jet does not use the premium check-in counters established on both sides of the check-in banks, and runs premiere counters in the regular check in area. however those counters were closed as well. since this was a KWI bound flight, you can imagine most people were travelling with a lot of stuff and I was in no mood to wait for 45 mins to get to the check in desk (web checkin also needs to swap to another boarding pass).

Asked MoD about specific check in area for elites, and he directed us to the front of an existing counter. The guy had no clue how to process upgrades with miles, and took him 25 mins along with one other CSE to fix an upgrade for my colleague.

on the flight, I sat in the back of the plane with the IFE not working, not the first time they sent a plane on this route with a faulty IFE. Food at least got better from the last time I was on this route.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:25 pm

The website is an effing disgrace. I booked a flight, got a PNR, but could not do OLCI after multiple attempts. After calling and being on hold for a long time the CSR told me that the flight was a Jetkonnect flight with a different PNR number. What the hell? It's such a basic thing.....just send me the correct PNR when I book my ticket.

Also, for multiple airline itineraries, Jet PNR never works. I got a Jet PNR for the 9W part of my ticket., but it could not be looked up online, seats could not be chosen, OLCI could not be done. What nonsense??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.