Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Anybody got in on the Jet airways 12% off promo (aka Jet Airways lottery)?

Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:46 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI

So, there is this innocent looking google ad i've been seeing for a few days

I tried finding out what was this all about, what dates, which routes, which flights, and all the response I got from Jet was that the flights under this offer could change dynamically...

So, I've named it the Jet Airways lottery and I'd like to know if anyone figured out how this one works yet and got a ticket.

If you want to read about the entire experience, head here...http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...rways-lottery/
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
So, I've named it the Jet Airways lottery and I'd like to know if anyone figured out how this one works yet and got a ticket.
jet is pretty good with informing their members about the ongoing promos & changes to their program....we all know how they love sending out mass emails to everyone (the recent baggage policy email from earlier this week comes to mind)....haven't heard anything about this so perhaps 'lottery' is a good term for this....
Old Jul 20, 2012, 2:41 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
(the recent baggage policy email from earlier this week comes to mind)....

I simply cannot believe how low they are stooping - what is to prevent us from flying other carriers - their miserable FF program on it's own, with hardly any elite benefits left??
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
They were also advertising some lower fares in the sectors I was planning to book - clicked thru the Advt - Poof - nothing available.

Also these banner Ads mentions *Conditions Apply - but no where you can lookup these.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
jet is pretty good with informing their members about the ongoing promos & changes to their program....we all know how they love sending out mass emails to everyone (the recent baggage policy email from earlier this week comes to mind)....haven't heard anything about this so perhaps 'lottery' is a good term for this....
That is true, they do love their mass emails. It's baffling why they largely use those emails to advertise relatively trivial developments, such as baggage allowance and Gujju thali restaurant partners and Rosenthal crockery.

More significant, positive, revenue-generating developments tend to be ignored when it comes to emails. eg: the second DEL-SIN flight, or the reinstatement of daily operations on a few routes, the second CCU-BKK flight... Those are all relegated to any of several pointless sections of their website.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 2:08 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by jasepl

More significant, positive, revenue-generating developments tend to be ignored when it comes to emails. eg: the second DEL-SIN flight, or the reinstatement of daily operations on a few routes, the second CCU-BKK flight... Those are all relegated to any of several pointless sections of their website.
they trust their regulars to be reading airlineroute.net for every single development on their schedules. as for the trivial emails,someone at jet told me this was their engagement strategy with their jp members. :P quite does tell you dimwits run the show now
Old Jul 21, 2012, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by A2A
they trust their regulars to be reading airlineroute.net for every single development on their schedules. as for the trivial emails,someone at jet told me this was their engagement strategy with their jp members. :P quite does tell you dimwits run the show now
Maybe it's all part of the FlyEmirates campaign!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.