Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Sign in using an external account

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 20, 12, 2:46 am   #1
A2A
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: www.livefromalounge.com
Programs: AA EXP, BAGold, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, HHonorsGold, SPGGold,HyattDiamond, EYGold, AIGold
Posts: 2,006
Anybody got in on the Jet airways 12% off promo (aka Jet Airways lottery)?

So, there is this innocent looking google ad i've been seeing for a few days



I tried finding out what was this all about, what dates, which routes, which flights, and all the response I got from Jet was that the flights under this offer could change dynamically...



So, I've named it the Jet Airways lottery and I'd like to know if anyone figured out how this one works yet and got a ticket.

If you want to read about the entire experience, head here...http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...rways-lottery/
__________________
My (largely) India focussed miles & points blog is at: http://www.livefromalounge.com
A2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 12, 3:29 am   #2
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: New Delhi, India
Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Taj IC Gold, AI Maharajah, DL Silver
Posts: 21,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2A View Post
So, I've named it the Jet Airways lottery and I'd like to know if anyone figured out how this one works yet and got a ticket.
jet is pretty good with informing their members about the ongoing promos & changes to their program....we all know how they love sending out mass emails to everyone (the recent baggage policy email from earlier this week comes to mind)....haven't heard anything about this so perhaps 'lottery' is a good term for this....
Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 12, 3:41 am   #3
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BOM-SIN-EWR
Programs: AA EXP, LH SEN, UA*G (1K again), 9wPlat, Sixt Plat, *was* SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG
Posts: 7,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
(the recent baggage policy email from earlier this week comes to mind)....


I simply cannot believe how low they are stooping - what is to prevent us from flying other carriers - their miserable FF program on it's own, with hardly any elite benefits left??
SuperFlyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 12, 5:25 am   #4
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somewhere near a Airstrip
Programs: Who Cares, THEY don't !
Posts: 512
They were also advertising some lower fares in the sectors I was planning to book - clicked thru the Advt - Poof - nothing available.

Also these banner Ads mentions *Conditions Apply - but no where you can lookup these.
Whizkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 12, 2:31 am   #5
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: bombay
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
jet is pretty good with informing their members about the ongoing promos & changes to their program....we all know how they love sending out mass emails to everyone (the recent baggage policy email from earlier this week comes to mind)....haven't heard anything about this so perhaps 'lottery' is a good term for this....
That is true, they do love their mass emails. It's baffling why they largely use those emails to advertise relatively trivial developments, such as baggage allowance and Gujju thali restaurant partners and Rosenthal crockery.

More significant, positive, revenue-generating developments tend to be ignored when it comes to emails. eg: the second DEL-SIN flight, or the reinstatement of daily operations on a few routes, the second CCU-BKK flight... Those are all relegated to any of several pointless sections of their website.
jasepl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 12, 3:08 am   #6
A2A
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: www.livefromalounge.com
Programs: AA EXP, BAGold, 9WPlat, PCGold, TajICGold, HHonorsGold, SPGGold,HyattDiamond, EYGold, AIGold
Posts: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasepl View Post

More significant, positive, revenue-generating developments tend to be ignored when it comes to emails. eg: the second DEL-SIN flight, or the reinstatement of daily operations on a few routes, the second CCU-BKK flight... Those are all relegated to any of several pointless sections of their website.
they trust their regulars to be reading airlineroute.net for every single development on their schedules. as for the trivial emails,someone at jet told me this was their engagement strategy with their jp members. :P quite does tell you dimwits run the show now
__________________
My (largely) India focussed miles & points blog is at: http://www.livefromalounge.com
A2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 12, 6:11 am   #7
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: bombay
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2A View Post
they trust their regulars to be reading airlineroute.net for every single development on their schedules. as for the trivial emails,someone at jet told me this was their engagement strategy with their jp members. :P quite does tell you dimwits run the show now
Maybe it's all part of the FlyEmirates campaign!
jasepl is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 8:59 pm.