Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

How to search for 9W award availability

Old Jun 14, 2012, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold

Is there any way to check for Jet Airways award availability (economy or Biz, domestic) without calling up the agent?

I asked a friend and his reply was " Don't even bother, no seats are ever available on 9W". Hope that is not generally true!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:06 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
I just go to the website, click on redeem miles, enter all the data and it tells me whether seats are available or no. There might be another way, but this one has always worked for me.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:09 am

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Originally Posted by shahadil
I just go to the website, click on redeem miles, enter all the data and it tells me whether seats are available or no. There might be another way, but this one has always worked for me.
Does 9W allows anybody with JP to check that or JP with mileage balance?
Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kyunbit
I asked a friend and his reply was " Don't even bother, no seats are ever available on 9W". Hope that is not generally true!
unfortunately your friend is partially correct....there is hardly any award availability for business & first class tickets....for economy you are likely to find availability if you book in advance....

Originally Posted by DELANRDFW
Does 9W allows anybody with JP to check that or JP with mileage balance?
you have to have a particular balance before you can check availability....i don't remember what that amount is but i'm sure there are many here who would be able to chime in with that magic number....
Old Jun 14, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
10K I think.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 4:04 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Savage25
10K I think.
But what if you want to book an award which requires less than 10k miles?
Old Jun 15, 2012, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
I have no balance on 9W. Is there a way to check in this case? I actually wanted to a partner redemption through US
Old Jun 16, 2012, 2:16 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
I have no balance on 9W. Is there a way to check in this case? I actually wanted to a partner redemption through US
You have to call in anyway for a partner redemption - but they will ask you to fill out the form first.

So, fill out the form (14 day advance of flight, minimum lead time) and then you can follow-up by calling in...
Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
But what if you want to book an award which requires less than 10k miles?
The minimum balance is 4,000 points, since that's the minimum redemption requirement.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
you will have to call us....they will be able to check availability for you....however, redemption in business will be next to impossible....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.