Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Delta Skymiles or United MileagePlus - which one can I use to book PNQ-DEL-PNQ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2012, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, PriorityClub Platinum, SPG Platinum

I have reasonable (~80,000 miles) Skymiles and MileagePlus balance. I want to fly PNQ-DEL-PNQ. Does anyone have experience booking domestic tickets using these programs? How easy/difficult is it? I assume I will have to call them as my itinerary cannot be booked on the phone.

I'm am looking for a recommended course of action here. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Last edited by cal_dood; May 30, 2012 at 2:56 am
Old May 30, 2012, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have used united miles to book on jet....the process is pretty simple but jet is very stingy with reward tickets....you will have to get in touch with either delta or united over the phone....
Old May 30, 2012, 8:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Plus ask yourself if its really worth using miles for so such a relatively cheap ticket.
Old May 30, 2012, 10:50 am
Original Poster

I really don't value miles. Not sure if you are a Hindi speaker, and this one does not translate well - "bhaagtey bhoot ki langoti hi sahi".
Old May 30, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
I have had 100% success using DL miles on India routes, with a little bit of flexibility.
Old May 30, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cal_dood
"bhaagtey bhoot ki langoti hi sahi".
lol, I guess you're not going to find many posters here who agree with your attitude. This forum's premise is to get the most out of your miles...
Old May 31, 2012, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
lol, I guess you're not going to find many posters here who agree with your attitude. This forum's premise is to get the most out of your miles...
I don't mean to start a discussion on value of miles - my opinions are my own which are due to my circumstances. I understand to use miles these days, you need to have certain amount of time, the right tools and also flexibility in travel dates. I don't seem to have it these days, but used to have it. I have found PriorityClub from ICH to be more rewarding than miles as it's easier to both collect and redeem points for hotels and also get status. My interest in airline FF programs is more for status, as it helps when traveling for seat assignments, priority during exceptions, lounge access, maybe more luggage allowance etc.
Old May 31, 2012, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
I really don't value miles. Not sure if you are a Hindi speaker, and this one does not translate well - "bhaagtey bhoot ki langoti hi sahi".
Then what's the point of this forum to you?
Old May 31, 2012, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Instead of लंगोटी (langoti), you might get briefs or boxers, for some, even depends.
Old May 31, 2012, 12:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Then what's the point of this forum to you?
His interest is clear from his post(s).@:-)
Old May 31, 2012, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

:-) with all due respect, miles is not the only thing discussed on this forum. Case in point - how many of the most recent threads are regarding miles?

I visit these forums to gain knowledge on airlines, policies, share my experiences.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 3:56 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, AAdvantage
That saying is applicable only if your miles are expiring, in which case most here would agree getting any value (however low) is better than nothing. But if they are not expiring then this quote is more appropriate - "bandar kya jaane adrak ka swaad" given that you don't know the real value of your miles :-).
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:55 am
Original Poster

LOL - I guess this thread is becoming a Hindi phrase thread.

So educate me - what should I do with my 80k delta miles. They are not expiring, but I don't think I am going back to delta or sky team. And I am based out of PNQ currently.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:03 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
LOL - I guess this thread is becoming a Hindi phrase thread.

So educate me - what should I do with my 80k delta miles. They are not expiring, but I don't think I am going back to delta or sky team. And I am based out of PNQ currently.
Look at international Skymiles partners out of BOM. AF, KL, KE etc. And even 9W routings to SIN, HKG etc. Much more bang for your buck than PNQ-DEL!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.