FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   Delta Skymiles or United MileagePlus - which one can I use to book PNQ-DEL-PNQ? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1351273-delta-skymiles-united-mileageplus-one-can-i-use-book-pnq-del-pnq.html)

cal_dood May 30, 2012 2:48 am

Delta Skymiles or United MileagePlus - which one can I use to book PNQ-DEL-PNQ?

I have reasonable (~80,000 miles) Skymiles and MileagePlus balance. I want to fly PNQ-DEL-PNQ. Does anyone have experience booking domestic tickets using these programs? How easy/difficult is it? I assume I will have to call them as my itinerary cannot be booked on the phone.

I'm am looking for a recommended course of action here. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Keyser May 30, 2012 4:37 am

i have used united miles to book on jet....the process is pretty simple but jet is very stingy with reward tickets....you will have to get in touch with either delta or united over the phone....

oliver2002 May 30, 2012 8:59 am

Plus ask yourself if its really worth using miles for so such a relatively cheap ticket.

cal_dood May 30, 2012 10:50 am

I really don't value miles. Not sure if you are a Hindi speaker, and this one does not translate well - "bhaagtey bhoot ki langoti hi sahi".

bdhaliwa May 30, 2012 12:21 pm

I have had 100% success using DL miles on India routes, with a little bit of flexibility.

PVDtoDEL May 30, 2012 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by cal_dood (Post 18667073)
"bhaagtey bhoot ki langoti hi sahi".

lol, I guess you're not going to find many posters here who agree with your attitude. This forum's premise is to get the most out of your miles...

cal_dood May 31, 2012 12:56 am

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL (Post 18667645)
lol, I guess you're not going to find many posters here who agree with your attitude. This forum's premise is to get the most out of your miles...

I don't mean to start a discussion on value of miles - my opinions are my own which are due to my circumstances. I understand to use miles these days, you need to have certain amount of time, the right tools and also flexibility in travel dates. I don't seem to have it these days, but used to have it. I have found PriorityClub from ICH to be more rewarding than miles as it's easier to both collect and redeem points for hotels and also get status. My interest in airline FF programs is more for status, as it helps when traveling for seat assignments, priority during exceptions, lounge access, maybe more luggage allowance etc.

AA_EXP09 May 31, 2012 8:50 am

I really don't value miles. Not sure if you are a Hindi speaker, and this one does not translate well - "bhaagtey bhoot ki langoti hi sahi".

Then what's the point of this forum to you?

Yaatri May 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL (Post 18667645)

Instead of लंगोटी (langoti), you might get briefs or boxers, for some, even depends. :D

Yaatri May 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09 (Post 18672908)
Then what's the point of this forum to you?

His interest is clear from his post(s).@:-)

cal_dood May 31, 2012 8:39 pm

:-) with all due respect, miles is not the only thing discussed on this forum. Case in point - how many of the most recent threads are regarding miles?

I visit these forums to gain knowledge on airlines, policies, share my experiences.

unicon Jun 1, 2012 3:56 pm

That saying is applicable only if your miles are expiring, in which case most here would agree getting any value (however low) is better than nothing. But if they are not expiring then this quote is more appropriate - "bandar kya jaane adrak ka swaad" given that you don't know the real value of your miles :-).

cal_dood Jun 2, 2012 10:55 am

LOL - I guess this thread is becoming a Hindi phrase thread.

So educate me - what should I do with my 80k delta miles. They are not expiring, but I don't think I am going back to delta or sky team. And I am based out of PNQ currently.

AJLondon Jun 2, 2012 11:03 am

Originally Posted by cal_dood (Post 18685490)
LOL - I guess this thread is becoming a Hindi phrase thread.

So educate me - what should I do with my 80k delta miles. They are not expiring, but I don't think I am going back to delta or sky team. And I am based out of PNQ currently.

Look at international Skymiles partners out of BOM. AF, KL, KE etc. And even 9W routings to SIN, HKG etc. Much more bang for your buck than PNQ-DEL!