Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

spicejet tickets at 777+taxes 23 may

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 12:09 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI

I hope you guys know but on 7th anniv of Spicejet they are offering tix for 777 plus taxes across their network on 23 may morning.

here are the details

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...-7th-birthday/
Old May 22, 2012, 1:16 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
thanks man.. this is most useful..
Old May 22, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Their website is overloaded. I can't get through to book any tickets
Old May 22, 2012, 7:54 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Their website is overloaded. I can't get through to book any tickets
+5 (attempts!) **going back to sleep**
Old May 22, 2012, 8:13 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
I know of 6 people in different cities, trying to book a ticket.. not one person could go any further than the home page.. in the rare chance that it throw up any flight option, they were still priced at the regular price..

makes me think there never was any offer.. Just a publicity stunt..
Old May 22, 2012, 8:21 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simz
I know of 6 people in different cities, trying to book a ticket.. not one person could go any further than the home page.. in the rare chance that it throw up any flight option, they were still priced at the regular price..

happens all the time when naive people decide to design an offer but never get around to load balancing their servers. i remember the rush for Air Deccan 1 buck tickets too.

However, there is a public service message saying offer will be extended. when and how, i don't have the details yet.

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...o-be-extended/
Old May 22, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Extended until 10 AM
Old May 22, 2012, 8:56 pm

Wasted 77 mins of today 23 May 12

Originally Posted by simz

I totally agree with Simz that Spicejet 777 offer was to hoodwink public, i tried
for whole of 77 mins today 23 may 12, but either could not log in or if done could not proceed beyond selecting the sectors, nor there toll free or paid line
was free. People should just ignore these kind of offers-

thightbang8
Old May 22, 2012, 9:01 pm

I finally got through - absolutely no availability for HYD-IXE between June 29th and September 8th.

No way all these dates sold out so quickly.

Last edited by PVDtoDEL; May 22, 2012 at 9:14 pm
Old May 22, 2012, 9:32 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by thightbang8
I totally agree with Simz that Spicejet 777 offer was to hoodwink public, i tried
for whole of 77 mins today 23 may 12, but either could not log in or if done could not proceed beyond selecting the sectors, nor there toll free or paid line
was free. People should just ignore these kind of offers-

thightbang8
Welcome to FT thightbang8! Stick around and you will soon find plenty about real offers and making the most of deals available. And we are (usually! ) a very friendly bunch of folks here.
Old May 22, 2012, 9:57 pm

Programs: ICH Platinum, Le Accor Platinum, Mariott Silver, Flying Returns Silver, Krisflyer Gold
Just got one ticket for myself after umpteen attempts for HYD-VTZ. I never knew that Spicejet charges Rs.100 for credit card transaction...Phew...these airlines are squeezing us......Looking at what all other airlines are doing....Indigo might be a king within few months from now
Old May 22, 2012, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by k819
Just got one ticket for myself after umpteen attempts for HYD-VTZ. I never knew that Spicejet charges Rs.100 for credit card transaction...Phew...these airlines are squeezing us......Looking at what all other airlines are doing....Indigo might be a king within few months from now
Was it for ₹777 like promised? Or was it more expensive?
Old May 22, 2012, 10:18 pm

Programs: ICH Platinum, Le Accor Platinum, Mariott Silver, Flying Returns Silver, Krisflyer Gold
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Was it for ₹777 like promised? Or was it more expensive?
with taxes, airport surcharge(450) and credit card fee...it came upto 1677...still its 50% less than the normal fare
Old May 23, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by k819
with taxes, airport surcharge(450) and credit card fee...it came upto 1677...still its 50% less than the normal fare
still a good price....
Old May 23, 2012, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
still a good price....
Yeah it is...one thing to notice....cancellation charges are on par with Jet now...its 950....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.