Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Call Center Reps...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Jet Call Center Reps...

Am I the only one getting connected to complete unintelligent call veterans reps?

They do not even know the codes for other airlines???

its basically *us* teaching them how to do their jobs, especially when "there is no senior available"!!
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:40 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
I was about to post a similar rant!

I had to explain to one this morning about D class for upgrades.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:52 am

True. I had similar experience on kingfisher too. For some reason these call centers are trained to give hard time to callers so they wont call back again.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 12:54 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
I also find it ridiculous that they have a separate set of reps for Premiere / Plats.. It's like Gold/Silver members don't matter anymore.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:20 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by Anish
I also find it ridiculous that they have a separate set of reps for Premiere / Plats.. It's like Gold/Silver members don't matter anymore.
The Premiere/Plat reps aren't all that they are cracked out to be! It is just a case whether you have to wait 30 secs or 3 minutes to get hold of someone incompetent!
Old Sep 26, 2011, 1:21 am

Biggest issue is, regular call center number people wont help you. the will transfer it to priority lines where only 2 people work and call backlog is about 100 people. Takes forever to go through it.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
The Premiere/Plat reps aren't all that they are cracked out to be! It is just a case whether you have to wait 30 secs or 3 minutes to get hold of someone incompetent!
i agree....i was on the phone with a rep just this morning regarding redemption on a partner airline & i asked her to check availability on a certain airline....she said they were not a partner so i told her they were & i had just flown then a few months ago....she kept insisting they were not partners with jet so i asked her to put me on hold & check....she came back a minute later apologizing....
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i agree....i was on the phone with a rep just this morning regarding redemption on a partner airline & i asked her to check availability on a certain airline....she said they were not a partner so i told her they were & i had just flown then a few months ago....she kept insisting they were not partners with jet so i asked her to put me on hold & check....she came back a minute later apologizing....
I guess rather than hiring collage dropouts and handing them phone is not good idea. All these airlines must give proper "Training" before they face the music.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:04 am

Outsourcing is the cause behind this, the reps aren't even well trained and directly put on the job. And it's not about Plats getting anything better, they just get to hear the same nonsense without waiting
Old Sep 26, 2011, 7:36 pm

I doubt if this has anything to do with outsourcing. Regardless of in house call center or contracted, Training is must. There has to be proper quality control over service calls. Although it says "Your calls may be monitored or recorded for quality and training purposes", I doubt if they ever hear it.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Anish
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Originally Posted by planensimple
Outsourcing is the cause behind this, the reps aren't even well trained and directly put on the job. And it's not about Plats getting anything better, they just get to hear the same nonsense without waiting
Exactly as the above 3 posts)!

Originally Posted by slamdunkrookie
I guess rather than hiring collage dropouts and handing them phone is not good idea. All these airlines must give proper "Training" before they face the music.
Jet used to be good, even as an "outsourced" operation - but it used to be a fully-owned subsidiary of Jet - now not.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:35 pm

My issue with these guys is a bit different - do they have to speak so fast? What will happen if they slow down and maybe their call AHT goes up by 10 seconds?
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Trust me the Plat / Premiere / First class reps are in no different and the 9W call centre simply stinks - even worse than Kingfisher. This is something they just can't seem to get right. In contrast the BA CC in India is among the finest they have systemwide and probably one of the best airline call centres I have experienced globally.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by avm2806
even worse than Kingfisher.
kingfisher is pretty bad....while the jet call center sucks, there is no way its as bad as kingfisher....
Old Oct 6, 2011, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
When I called to requets a seat assignment they actually were helpful but my biggest problem was that I had a hard time understanding the agent. Took a while to get everything across.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.