15K 9W miles to be used.

Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
15K 9W miles to be used.

Dear all,

Between the wife and I, we have a total of 15K miles that will no doubt expire within the next year.

I am thinking of booking a OW MAA-CMB for 4K in Y as there is no J on the flight I specifically need. Basically it joins up a LHR-SIN-MAA // CMB-SIN-LHR.

Cash price is 85 but using 4K miles, i am only paying 26.

Not the greatest saving but better than letting the miles go down the pan.

Can anyone think of a better use?

I have got nothing planned. I could do day trips when i am in India in May. Don't mind travelling in Y either.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
that would be decent use of the miles given the fact that you don't have much to work with....any saving is better than no saving at all....
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
MAA-CMB almost never goes full in biz - try redeeming for another date and waitlisting - it's a risk, but if you are taking the evening departure - I believe that is 9W 252 if not wrong - then your chances are good of getting a seat (its a 16 seater aircraft vs 8 in biz)
Old Dec 31, 2011, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by avm2806
MAA-CMB almost never goes full in biz - try redeeming for another date and waitlisting - it's a risk, but if you are taking the evening departure - I believe that is 9W 252 if not wrong - then your chances are good of getting a seat (its a 16 seater aircraft vs 8 in biz)
What I am going to do is book a Y seat with my wife's miles and wait list in J using my miles.

Unfortunately I am restricted to one flight on a specific date (4th may 2012 0130 dep) as this is a quick 3 day trip for a close friends wedding. Worst comes to worst, I will go in Y for a 1 hr flight.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Y seat has been confirmed but i was shocked to hear that my status with 9W is not good enough for them to waitlist me for a reward seat in premiere.

Another reason why Kingclub is better than JetPrivilege.

I have same status on both: Kingclub Red VS JetPrivilege Blueplus. No problems with Kingfisher about waitlisting on a premium cabin.

I have had enough of Jet and their stingy FF program.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
WL in any cabin is not tier restricted. You were getting BS from another incompetent 9W agent. Just hang up and call back a while later.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avm2806
WL in any cabin is not tier restricted. You were getting BS from another incompetent 9W agent. Just hang up and call back a while later.
Thanks for letting me know, i have am waitlisted on the flight.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by d3vski
Thanks for letting me know, i have am waitlisted on the flight.
Glad to help - 9W cc can be totally incompetent with lazy agents making up their own rules because they don't want to work.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.