FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   15K 9W miles to be used. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1296183-15k-9w-miles-used.html)

d3vski Dec 29, 2011 4:08 am

15K 9W miles to be used.

Dear all,

Between the wife and I, we have a total of 15K miles that will no doubt expire within the next year.

I am thinking of booking a OW MAA-CMB for 4K in Y as there is no J on the flight I specifically need. Basically it joins up a LHR-SIN-MAA // CMB-SIN-LHR.

Cash price is £85 but using 4K miles, i am only paying £26.

Not the greatest saving but better than letting the miles go down the pan.

Can anyone think of a better use?

I have got nothing planned. I could do day trips when i am in India in May. Don't mind travelling in Y either.

Keyser Dec 29, 2011 7:40 am

that would be decent use of the miles given the fact that you don't have much to work with....any saving is better than no saving at all....;)

avm2806 Dec 30, 2011 1:33 pm

MAA-CMB almost never goes full in biz - try redeeming for another date and waitlisting - it's a risk, but if you are taking the evening departure - I believe that is 9W 252 if not wrong - then your chances are good of getting a seat (its a 16 seater aircraft vs 8 in biz)

d3vski Dec 31, 2011 7:46 am

Originally Posted by avm2806 (Post 17717314)
MAA-CMB almost never goes full in biz - try redeeming for another date and waitlisting - it's a risk, but if you are taking the evening departure - I believe that is 9W 252 if not wrong - then your chances are good of getting a seat (its a 16 seater aircraft vs 8 in biz)

What I am going to do is book a Y seat with my wife's miles and wait list in J using my miles.

Unfortunately I am restricted to one flight on a specific date (4th may 2012 0130 dep) as this is a quick 3 day trip for a close friends wedding. Worst comes to worst, I will go in Y for a 1 hr flight.

d3vski Jan 2, 2012 7:19 am

Y seat has been confirmed but i was shocked to hear that my status with 9W is not good enough for them to waitlist me for a reward seat in premiere.

Another reason why Kingclub is better than JetPrivilege.

I have same status on both: Kingclub Red VS JetPrivilege Blueplus. No problems with Kingfisher about waitlisting on a premium cabin.

I have had enough of Jet and their stingy FF program.

avm2806 Jan 3, 2012 1:16 pm

WL in any cabin is not tier restricted. You were getting BS from another incompetent 9W agent. Just hang up and call back a while later.

d3vski Jan 5, 2012 1:34 am

Originally Posted by avm2806 (Post 17739601)
WL in any cabin is not tier restricted. You were getting BS from another incompetent 9W agent. Just hang up and call back a while later.

Thanks for letting me know, i have am waitlisted on the flight.

avm2806 Jan 6, 2012 11:54 am

Originally Posted by d3vski (Post 17751021)
Thanks for letting me know, i have am waitlisted on the flight.

Glad to help - 9W cc can be totally incompetent with lazy agents making up their own rules because they don't want to work.