Indigo Frequent Flyer Program?

Subscribe
Does Indigo have a frequent flyer program? I see a mention of "Indigo Star Club" but no further information on how to sign up or anything.
No, Indigo does not have an FFP.

No clue where Wiki gets its info.

AFAIK, only AI, 9W, and IT have FFPs.
Thanks for confirming! I hate not getting any points for flying.
Quote: Thanks for confirming! I hate not getting any points for flying.
ain't that the truth....
Sorry for bumping up a really old thread. I travel very frequently with Indigo and since a few months, have started seeing fqt2 in the special services. I was not able to find any information on this until last week when I was asked for weighing of cabin baggage. I generally carry a strolley along with laptop bag. The strolley was weighed and found to be 7 kg while the laptop bag was around 3kg. That's when my boarding pass was checked and I was told that I am frequent flyer and hence am entitled to 10 kg cabin baggage!!

I am still looking for someone to further enlighten me on this.
This is really interesting.. 3kgs can make all the difference especially with Indigo's retarded new 7kg all inc hand baggage rule.
Quote: This is really interesting.. 3kgs can make all the difference especially with Indigo's retarded new 7kg all inc hand baggage rule.
Additional cabin baggage allowance is certainly welcome considering my one strolley + laptop bag almost always border on 10 kg or more.

What is frustrating though is that the fqt2 code pops up randomly on boarding passes. In fact today, there was no code and I ran into an over-enthusiastic employee who insisted on me checking the bag in. I asked him what should I do to ensure that the code appears my boarding pass to which even he seemed clueless.

Meanwhile, I have dropped an email to Indigo and shall update on anything that I hear back from them.
Great, looking forward to hearing their response!
Bump

Really wondering why Indigo doesn't have a Frequent Flyer Program yet. In the US Australia and others, FFPs are money makers for it airlines as they can sell miles to banks and other entities and get cash on hand. They are really missing out on a huge market and an incentive to keep people flying Indigo.
Quote: Bump

Really wondering why Indigo doesn't have a Frequent Flyer Program yet. In the US Australia and others, FFPs are money makers for it airlines as they can sell miles to banks and other entities and get cash on hand. They are really missing out on a huge market and an incentive to keep people flying Indigo.
They're using the KISS strategy I guess. Miles are also a liability on the balance sheet. There have been rumours of Indigo's FFP from time to time but they've never really rolled it out. Maybe they don't see loyalty + perks as a big driving force in India the way the US does.
NoviceFT likes this.
Quote: They're using the KISS strategy I guess. Miles are also a liability on the balance sheet. There have been rumours of Indigo's FFP from time to time but they've never really rolled it out. Maybe they don't see loyalty + perks as a big driving force in India the way the US does.
With stingy credit card sign up bonuses there will not be much profit from selling Miles to Banks...
Quote: With stingy credit card sign up bonuses there will not be much profit from selling Miles to Banks...
Its a chicken and eggs story. India air travel markets isn't mature or savvy. So there aren't any 50,000 miles sign up bonuses (except for Amex @ a laughable 60k INR).
India is a very price sensitive market, loyalty doesn't matter. And when flights are full, why bother?
India isn't the only price sensitive market, the US, Europe (with its <$10 flights) are also very price sensitive, for example. But frequent flier programs are prominent there the programs are not only for creating loyalty, as only a small fraction of travelers will earn any higher status beyond base, but as a means to redeem for flights and keep people involved and interested in the airline. Loyalty/preference to an airline is not strictly based on price either, reliability, among other things, also comes into play. I'd rather take an Indigo flight that's 10% more expensive than an Air India Express flight, for example, as you never know if AIX will even show up (personal experience).
Agreed... price sensitivity has little to do with it. Almost all LCCs in EU and the US have FFPs some of them fairly robust.

And it’s not like you’d expect and Indigo FFP to match the power and scale of a *A or OW program.

I don’t think the LCCs are trying to say we think Indians won’t sign up because we think they’ll buy the cheapest ticket regardless. I think what they’re saying is that “we think Indians aren’t loyal at all”!