Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2012, 1:16 pm

Programs: AMEX Cent AU, UA Plat, 9W Plat, Amtrak S+, HHonors Slv
Does India have the Amex Gold PR card? MR points are a lot easier to accrue there, and you also get the 6 month upgrade to Platinum if you want it (but don't think your initial credit score can get it for you).
Old May 6, 2012, 10:54 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by phillystudent
Does India have the Amex Gold PR card? MR points are a lot easier to accrue there, and you also get the 6 month upgrade to Platinum if you want it (but don't think your initial credit score can get it for you).
nope. i'd love for them to have a card which makes 3x on air travel and 2x on groceries and gas like they do now. instead, it is 1x on everything and .5x on utilities and bills
Old May 7, 2012, 3:38 am

Programs: 9W Silver
^ Nice. Look forward to reading the whole series
Old May 8, 2012, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I use my CCs all over the world and have never had a problem...!
i have never had a problem as well but last year someone used my wife's card for a bunch of purchases totaling over $4k....i eventually managed to get the charges reversed but it was a pain in the a$$....
Old May 8, 2012, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
i have never had a problem as well but last year someone used my wife's card for a bunch of purchases totaling over $4k....i eventually managed to get the charges reversed but it was a pain in the a$$....
Especially with Indian credit card companies - *major* pain, I would gather...luckily I haven't had such bad luck, fingers crossed!

(Amex is a problem, due to their lack of online authentication)
Old May 8, 2012, 11:11 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Especially with Indian credit card companies - *major* pain, I would gather...luckily I haven't had such bad luck, fingers crossed!

(Amex is a problem, due to their lack of online authentication)
amex has online authentication, however, with an address based system rather than a MC/V kinda online authentication system. however, amex is the easiest to reverse as well.
Old May 8, 2012, 11:19 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
in over 12 years of using CCs, my first time with a dispute as well
Old May 9, 2012, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by A2A
Barring my current tiff with Amex over getting hit with the FR process (which is technically my own fault), they've always been fantastic with Customer Service and helping me out with various odds and ends.

I once even had a thing where my (almost new, at the time) Blackberry 9100 got stolen off of a table at the library. They promptly suspended the transaction as part of the purchase protection plan, and worked with the police to track down the phone.

Not only did they eventually find (and charge) the person who stole it with the crime, but they were also gracious enough to take on all the costs from the investigation. Certainly not much for them in the grand scheme of things, but it certainly was something that made me feel secure as a customer.

Had they just handled the notification of my FR right now better (and not threatened me on the phone), I would have been a lot more receptive to it. Either way, all's well that ends well.
Old May 9, 2012, 9:19 am
A2A
Original Poster

FR process (which is technically my own fault), .
FR? sorry, havent heard the term or can't remember the meaning...
Old May 9, 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by A2A
FR? sorry, havent heard the term or can't remember the meaning...
FR is the financial review process. It happens (at least in the US) when AMEX wants to re-verify that you are eligible for their cards and are in a position to responsibly handle the credit lines that they extended to you. They pull your tax records, bank statements, and other documents, as needed, and if you don't comply, they just terminate their relationship with you on the spot, resulting in a big black mark on your credit history.
Old May 9, 2012, 10:05 am
A2A
Original Poster

FR is the financial review process. It happens (at least in the US) when AMEX wants to re-verify that you are eligible for their cards and are in a position to responsibly handle the credit lines that they extended to you. They pull your tax records, bank statements, and other documents, as needed, and if you don't comply, they just terminate their relationship with you on the spot, resulting in a big black mark on your credit history.
ah. now I remember. someone else I know went through it as well. hope it works out for you
Old May 9, 2012, 9:04 pm

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by A2A
Barring my current tiff with Amex over getting hit with the FR process (which is technically my own fault), they've always been fantastic with Customer Service and helping me out with various odds and ends.

I once even had a thing where my (almost new, at the time) Blackberry 9100 got stolen off of a table at the library. They promptly suspended the transaction as part of the purchase protection plan, and worked with the police to track down the phone.

Not only did they eventually find (and charge) the person who stole it with the crime, but they were also gracious enough to take on all the costs from the investigation. Certainly not much for them in the grand scheme of things, but it certainly was something that made me feel secure as a customer.

Had they just handled the notification of my FR right now better (and not threatened me on the phone), I would have been a lot more receptive to it. Either way, all's well that ends well.
For a moment I thought they did it in India. As far as I know if I had lost a phone at a library my local police wallah would have just told You should keep your phone in your pocket all the time in public places.
Old May 9, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by ashwini
For a moment I thought they did it in India. As far as I know if I had lost a phone at a library my local police wallah would have just told You should keep your phone in your pocket all the time in public places.
Yes, we have to distinguish between US and Indian AmEx customer experiences.

We are talking about Indian-based CCs here...
Old May 10, 2012, 10:31 am

Yes, we have to distinguish between US and Indian AmEx customer experiences.

We are talking about Indian-based CCs here...
I knew that there were certain differences between the programs, but AMEX India doesn't offer purchase protection on the Gold and Platinum cards? That sucks. It's a huge part of why I've been a cardmember; just knowing that they've got my back is a huge relief!
Old May 13, 2012, 2:33 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Citibank Premier Miles

Here is the 2nd in the series of this review posting: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...s-credit-card/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.