Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CONSOLIDATED - What is the best travel credit card from India now

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2011, 1:15 am

Programs: HH, 9W, AA, AI, UA
MR Dilution for Amex KFF

So got my latest bill for the month, and right at the end where the MR points used to be was a simple quiet line and i quote -
'Changes on your American Express Kingfisher First Credit Card- w.e.f Jan 15th, 2012
Please note that the 5 Times King Miles on Airtel and 10 Times King Miles on other Platinum Partners would not be valid from January 15th, 2012 on your American Express Kingfisher First Credit Card. You would continue to earn 10 times King Miles at Kingfisher Airlines. T&Cs Apply.'

Is there any point to keeping the card anymore?
Old Dec 26, 2011, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by savneet_batra
Is there any point to keeping the card anymore?
not really....unless you plan on sticking with kingfisher for all your travels (that is provided they don't go down in the next few months)....
Old Dec 26, 2011, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by Keyser
not really....unless you plan on sticking with kingfisher for all your travels (that is provided they don't go down in the next few months)....
Believe it or not, I, being one of FT's most vociferous supporter of Kingfisher am now actively looking to get rid of my last 53K with them.

If and when they join OW, I will credit future flight miles on either AA or BA.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by d3vski
Believe it or not, I, being one of FT's most vociferous supporter of Kingfisher am now actively looking to get rid of my last 53K with them.

If and when they join OW, I will credit future flight miles on either AA or BA.
i have over a million points & now i'm scared they will all go to waste....i'm trying to redeem them but its been tough....

i've been inquiring about 2 return business class partner redemption tickets on air france in may but kingfisher tells me partner redemption seats are not available....i have checked with air france as well as on expertflyer & on my travel date there are 4 seats still available....i've informed them & am still waiting to hear back....

also trying to redeem a business class return ticket to london for my wife in april & again kingfisher is showing no availability despite the entire business cabin being empty (besides my revenue ticket)....i finally spoke with a supervisor earlier today who told me that the redemption seats have not been loaded that far out & she will put the ticket on a waitlist....

this way i'll burn about 350k miles but kingfisher is making it extremely difficult....

Last edited by Keyser; Dec 26, 2011 at 2:55 am
Old Dec 26, 2011, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program

also trying to redeem a business class return ticket to london for my wife in april & again kingfisher is showing no availability despite the entire business cabin being empty (besides my revenue ticket)....i finally spoke with a supervisor earlier today who told me that the redemption seats have not been loaded that far out & she will put the ticket on a waitlist....
No wonder when i tried to find bom/del-lhr flights in may, they kept saying no rewards. The agent on the line first told me that i do not have miles and then when i asked him to waitlist, he hung up. Will try again now and report back what they say.

On a second point, is it worth taking DEL-LHR over BOM-LHR to try the kingfisher lounge?

UPDATE: Now waitlisted for BOM-LHR, Agent stated that it will clear in 72 hrs. Heres hoping.

Last edited by d3vski; Dec 26, 2011 at 4:11 am
Old Dec 26, 2011, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No wonder when i tried to find bom/del-lhr flights in may, they kept saying no rewards. The agent on the line first told me that i do not have miles and then when i asked him to waitlist, he hung up. Will try again now and report back what they say.
in the past they used to update the award inventory a few months in advance....now i guess with their financial woes they don't know if they will still be operating in april-may....

On a second point, is it worth taking DEL-LHR over BOM-LHR to try the kingfisher lounge?
not at all....

UPDATE: Now waitlisted for BOM-LHR, Agent stated that it will clear in 72 hrs. Heres hoping.
unlikely....i was told that the award inventory for april will be loaded 3 months prior so the waitlist should only clear sometime in january....the supervisor put a 31st january expiry date on my booking & said that if it doesn't clear by that date then she will extend it to the end of february....
Old Dec 26, 2011, 4:39 am

unlikely....i was told that the award inventory for april will be loaded 3 months prior so the waitlist should only clear sometime in january....the supervisor put a 31st january expiry date on my booking & said that if it doesn't clear by that date then she will extend it to the end of february....
I have got 29/12, will phone again in a few days to get it extended.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have got 29/12, will phone again in a few days to get it extended.
keep me posted....i think i'll need to follow up regularly myself....
Old Dec 26, 2011, 10:39 am

unlikely....i was told that the award inventory for april will be loaded 3 months prior so the waitlist should only clear sometime in january....
There could be some truth in this as i have just tried making some dummy bookings with interesting results:

BOM-LHR Kingfisher First:

28 DEC 2011 = Available
28 JAN 2012 = Available
28 FEB 2012 = Available
28 MAR 2012 = Available

and then nothing for the 28th April 2012 and 28th of each subsequent month.

Incredibly, on some days, you can book up to 5 Kingfisher First seats for redemption (Keyserbhai, if you feel like treating us with your million plus miles, please feel free to do so!!!)

I am quietly confident of the waitlist clearing some time in Feb 2012.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There could be some truth in this as i have just tried making some dummy bookings with interesting results:

BOM-LHR Kingfisher First:

28 DEC 2011 = Available
28 JAN 2012 = Available
28 FEB 2012 = Available
28 MAR 2012 = Available

and then nothing for the 28th April 2012 and 28th of each subsequent month.

Incredibly, on some days, you can book up to 5 Kingfisher First seats for redemption (Keyserbhai, if you feel like treating us with your million plus miles, please feel free to do so!!!)

I am quietly confident of the waitlist clearing some time in Feb 2012.
i can just hope the april waitlist clears soon otherwise the million plus miles are of no use....
Old Dec 26, 2011, 11:44 am

i can just hope the april waitlist clears soon otherwise the million plus miles are of no use....
Another option for you is that when IT join OW in Feb, you can blast them on a RTW F trip. That will get rid of the miles pretty quickly. All OW FF programs have a mileage based RTW option.
Old Dec 26, 2011, 12:10 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Another option for you is that when IT join OW in Feb, you can blast them on a RTW F trip. That will get rid of the miles pretty quickly. All OW FF programs have a mileage based RTW option.
do you think kingfisher has the money to pay for those RTW F fares? they are going there to get business not give business. their crude ways which will come will remind me of Starnet blocking like UA!
Old Dec 26, 2011, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i'm waiting for that....another month & a half to go....

Originally Posted by A2A
do you think kingfisher has the money to pay for those RTW F fares? they are going there to get business not give business. their crude ways which will come will remind me of Starnet blocking like UA!
i don't think they would do that initially....
Old Dec 27, 2011, 4:10 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
i just got a new letter from AX saying even the gold card was going over a change. so now 1 MR point per 50 bucks instead of 40, and for fuel and utility bills, 1 MR per 100 bucks.

there is more, the weekend shopping program (5x) is over, and weekend grocery shopping program is on (5x)! Now to find a grocery store which accepts amex.

moreover, they have added a 250 bucks redemptiion fee if you choose to move the miles to an airline program. all this in effect from jan 20, 2012.

grrrrrr
Old Dec 29, 2011, 3:58 am

keep me posted....i think i'll need to follow up regularly myself....
As expected, waitlist has not cleared. Ticketing limit extended until 31/01/2012. Will call back at end of Jan to have it extended further.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.