Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Agent or Online??

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
atleast I cannot since our company has this global tie up with this agent !!!
if your company is not completely satisfied with this agent then i could put you guys in touch with my agent to see if they can offer better services at the prices your company is paying....
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Keyser
if your company is not completely satisfied with this agent then i could put you guys in touch with my agent to see if they can offer better services at the prices your company is paying....
I wish it was so easy.. thanks for the offer nevertheless
Old Apr 24, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Originally Posted by Keyser
Dude the man just said 'global tieup' .. his employer looks like a multinational (as is mine). You try convince a multibillion dollar MNC to switch millions of dollars a year in spend from say Amex, Thomas Cook etc corporate travel desk to some neighboorhood TA in mayur vihar and see how well that works..

TAs can't be blamed for not seeing fare bucket availability or fares for a bucket that you see on websites. Not their fault.

They CAN on the other hand be blamed for staffing their travel desks with incompetents and then putting up a huge wall of procedure so that booking and changing itineraries is a royal pain, right after the pain you went through to get travel approved in the middle of a travel freeze.

[THAT pain would just about get beat by the pain of giving birth. Maybe]
Old Apr 24, 2011, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by hserus
Dude the man just said 'global tieup' .. his employer looks like a multinational (as is mine). You try convince a multibillion dollar MNC to switch millions of dollars a year in spend from say Amex, Thomas Cook etc corporate travel desk to some neighboorhood TA in mayur vihar and see how well that works..
the ta my firm uses are not a neighborhood ta in mayur vihar....they are one of the leading travel agencies in the country with offices all over the country as well as in many other locations around the globe....their corporate accounts include some of the biggest companies in india, including many multinationals....

last year i put them in touch with one of my clients who happens to be a huge mnc....they were extremely unhappy with the ta they were using & after a couple of meetings the india operations shifted all their travel bookings over to the ta i use....

just because a mnc uses a particular agency doesn't mean that they will continue to use them forever....after all, whoever offers the best rates & services is likely to get the job....
Old Apr 27, 2011, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001
+1

i face the same problem regularly.. our corp ta thru whom I need to make each and every ticket is .. Heck, most of the time they get me fares higher than what is even shown on the web and when I tell them that, they say they cannot see that in their systems
Welcome to INDIA, Sir it is probably showing on your computer but will not give you that fare when you try to buy the ticket online... LMAO
Old Apr 28, 2011, 12:37 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by mohitmadaan
Welcome to INDIA, Sir it is probably showing on your computer but will not give you that fare when you try to buy the ticket online... LMAO
Welcome to FT mohit

This has nothing to do with India .. If there is any problem at all , then its in those airline websites or their syncing up with gds etc etc..
I have sometimes seen the same thing when booking with Austrian, Lufthansa and EK ..
And yes, I had a grand welcome when I was born in India more than 30yrs back, but thanks for the re-welcome

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.