Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2014, 2:45 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
I just redeemed 10k JPMiles for next week's flight:

2 Adults @ 5000 JPMiles : 10000
Total JPMiles : 10000
Fare : INR 704
[Fare(s) include Airline Fuel Charge (YQ)
+ Service Charge (YR) as applicable]
Tax
Service Tax (JN) : INR 36
Fees
Passenger Service Fee (WO) : INR 294
User Development Fee (IN) : INR 616
Other Charges and Taxes (XT) : INR 16
Convenience fee * : INR 210

Total Trip Cost : INR 2,086
The same flight is currently being sold at:

Fare
2 Adults @ INR 4,470 : INR 8,940

[Fare(s) include Base Fare + Airline Fuel Charge (YQ)
+ Service Charge (YR) as applicable]
Tax
Service Tax (JN) : INR 442
Fees
Passenger Service Fee (WO) : INR 294
User Development Fee (IN) : INR 616
Other Surcharges and Taxes (XT) : INR 226

Convenience fee * : INR 210

Total Trip Cost : INR 10,728
Approximate redemption value: 1 JP Mile = INR 0.89 (approx) ^

Is my observation correct that 9W charges YQ + YR, while AI doesn't.
Eliminating the (In)Convinience Fee NOT charged by AI and assuming all taxes such as PSF and UDF are same, AI charges INR 545 per person..!!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:03 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
I just redeemed 10k JPMiles for next week's flight:

The same flight is currently being sold at:

Approximate redemption value: 1 JP Mile = INR 0.89 (approx) ^

Is my observation correct that 9W charges YQ + YR, while AI doesn't.
Eliminating the (In)Convinience Fee NOT charged by AI and assuming all taxes such as PSF and UDF are same, AI charges INR 545 per person..!!
That's pretty accurate.. and the more I look at redemption on AI, the more I like it.. unfortunately, availability is an issue at both airlines..

I just redeemed an CCU-BLR on Jet.. the number of miles required was lower on AI and so was the fee.. unfortunately, Amex took too much time to deposit the points to my AI account and I had a medical emergency, so couldn't wait for it..

But slowly AI is rising up the chrats, in my book.. may be they were always slightly better, I just din know about it...

Already missing the 20% discount on Jet redmeptions..
Old Apr 8, 2014, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
That's pretty accurate.. and the more I look at redemption on AI, the more I like it.. unfortunately, availability is an issue at both airlines..

I just redeemed an CCU-BLR on Jet.. the number of miles required was lower on AI and so was the fee.. unfortunately, Amex took too much time to deposit the points to my AI account and I had a medical emergency, so couldn't wait for it..

But slowly AI is rising up the chrats, in my book.. may be they were always slightly better, I just din know about it...

Already missing the 20% discount on Jet redmeptions..
With the 20% discount offer discontinued, the availability seems to have improved on 9W.

From my limited experience with AI, I have found them to be better than 9W:

What more could one expect to fly from A to B..?
          Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: US, AA, Delta, BA, Hilton, Marriot, HYATT
          I redeemed HYD - TIR roundtrip last week for 9000 miles on AI. Ticket value is 9800 RS resulting in value of 1 Rs per mile. fee & taxes are close to 300 Rs.
          Old Apr 9, 2014, 2:37 pm
          Used to be ' simz '

What more could one expect to fly from A to B..?
                  What more could one expect to fly from A to B..? ^^ Sums it up pretty well..

technically you could want a lot more during international flights, there is no end to what we WANT, but for a small country like ours, seriously, there is only so much that you need for a 2-3 hours flight..

Last edited by Flyfromscratch; Apr 9, 2014 at 2:38 pm Reason: Forgot the ^.. very important to the point I am making
                  Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:04 am
                  FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
                  does anyone have a tip on how i can get 1,300 jp miles quickly????i would hate to have to buy them since i've tried so hard to get rid of all the miles i had....i'm now 1,300 miles short of what i need to book my last & final jet mileage ticket....
                  Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:14 am
                  Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
                  Originally Posted by Keyser
                  does anyone have a tip on how i can get 1,300 jp miles quickly????i would hate to have to buy them since i've tried so hard to get rid of all the miles i had....i'm now 1,300 miles short of what i need to book my last & final jet mileage ticket....
                  Any Amex membership rewards you can transfer over?
                  Old Apr 22, 2014, 7:46 am
                  Used to be ' simz '

ask someone to transfer 1500 miles to you.. or transfer 1000 miles and buy the 300..

if you need, i can transfer..

Also, you can write 7 reviews on tripadvisor and get 1000 miles.. add another 3 restaurants reviews, another 250.. and you r just 50 short then..
                  Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:33 am
                  FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
                  Originally Posted by AJLondon
                  Any Amex membership rewards you can transfer over?
                  nada....have only been using the premier miles & sbi ai card....
                  Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:38 am
                  FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
                  Also, you can write 7 reviews on tripadvisor and get 1000 miles.. add another 3 restaurants reviews, another 250.. and you r just 50 short then..
                  that would take time....the award seat is available right now & knowing jet they would be all too happy to take away première award availability at any given point....
                  Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:33 pm

No many options besides Miles Transfer or Miles Purchase, unless you have the HDFC-JP CC, which would credit the miles as soon as the transaction is listed as unbilled.

The Cash + Miles is only for Economy.

Also, there's a Regus membership that gets you a 1000 JP Miles bonus on sign-up and its free for JP Platinum. But takes about 2 weeks and a few emails to get those credited.
                  Old Apr 23, 2014, 12:37 am
                  FlyerTalk Evangelist

No many options besides Miles Transfer or Miles Purchase, unless you have the HDFC-JP CC, which would credit the miles as soon as the transaction is listed as unbilled.

The Cash + Miles is only for Economy.

Also, there's a Regus membership that gets you a 1000 JP Miles bonus on sign-up and its free for JP Platinum. But takes about 2 weeks and a few emails to get those credited.
                  as much as it pains me to say this, i will go ahead & give some more money to jet in order to buy those 1,300 miles....
                  Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:03 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
                  that would take time....the award seat is available right now & knowing jet they would be all too happy to take away première award availability at any given point....
                  I think you can block award seats and get them ticketed later once you have the miles. You should get time limit of 2-3 days and can extend it once or twice at least.
                  Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:09 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
                  I was looking for economy redemption on BOM-CDG in June. So jet wants to charge me 54k miles and INR 30k for return travel. Revenue ticket is available for 38k on the same dates.

54000 miles to save 8k.. You can't beat jet on this.. !!
                  Old Apr 25, 2014, 1:15 pm
                  FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tirajat
                  I think you can block award seats and get them ticketed later once you have the miles. You should get time limit of 2-3 days and can extend it once or twice at least.
                  too late....already bought the miles & booked the award ticket....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.