Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:14 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by A2A
BOM-CMB & v.v. @ 12k OW +3Ktaxes RT
Btw.. have they started charging fuel surcharge for the redemptions also ?? Or is it because its an intl trip ?
Am asking so since earlier I have redeemed CCU - DEL and BLR - DEL vice versa multiple times and never paid more than 600Rs one way as taxes so that makes it Rs 1200 - 1300 as taxes for return ..
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Btw.. have they started charging fuel surcharge for the redemptions also ?? Or is it because its an intl trip ?
Am asking so since earlier I have redeemed CCU - DEL and BLR - DEL vice versa multiple times and never paid more than 600Rs one way as taxes so that makes it Rs 1200 - 1300 as taxes for return ..
I think it could be due to the International sector

Edited - Yep 732 each way YQ
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:28 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
fuel surcharge and other airport taxes etc.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
fuel surcharge and other airport taxes etc.
hmmm.. 9W charges fuel surcharge on intl redemptions only I hope since I last redeemed my miles for domestic tickets about 1 yr back and no fuel surcharge was charged then..
Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:31 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
hmmm.. 9W charges fuel surcharge on intl redemptions only I hope since I last redeemed my miles for domestic tickets about 1 yr back and no fuel surcharge was charged then..
Yup, and A2A redeemed for CMB, i.e. An international sector.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Yup, and A2A redeemed for CMB, i.e. An international sector.
what i meant was I hope 9W didnt start charging YQ on domestic sectors..
Just did a dummy booking and see that they r not charging it on domestic sectors but only intl sectors ..
Old Mar 26, 2011, 5:02 am

Just did a dummy booking and see that they r not charging it on domestic sectors but only intl sectors ..
Ahhh okay, fair enough.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 5:35 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Funny. I just tried redeeming MAA-HYD (where there's a 2500 rupee fare available on 9W) and got -

1 Adult @ 6000 JPMiles : 6000
Total JPMiles to be redeemed : 6000
Fare : INR 228
[Fare(s) include Airline Fuel Charge (YQ)
+ Airline Congestion Charge (YR) as applicable]
Tax
Service Tax (JN) : INR 24
Fees
Passenger Service Fee (WO) : INR 229

Total Trip Cost : INR 481
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I am actually quite pissed off now. I booked a flight 3 weeks back which was showing as wide open and there was no reward availability. Was told the usual that we will wait list you and you can try back in a few days. Now the flight is only a few days away and its showing as J3 D0 which means its highly unlikely that my 2 seats will clear.

I paid Rs4,000 each more for this K class fare in the hope that my upgrade will pull through. Now I know that award seats are subject to capacity control but on this route they have not got a single seat open till September end (only checked this far) I am sure they won't have for the dates post Septmeber too.

Bit of a con job right? Get customer to pay an extra amount for K class in the hope he might get upgraded and then tell him at the airport to go and sit in the back.

If they released seats then I would say fair enough but to not release any seats and then not confirm customer is wrong in my opinion.

I have spent 60 minutes in the last 7 days holding on for operators to say that they have put my upgrade on priority so can't be bothered doing that anymore.

What do you lot have to say about this?
Old Mar 29, 2011, 3:34 am

Originally Posted by hserus
Funny. I just tried redeeming MAA-HYD (where there's a 2500 rupee fare available on 9W) and got -

1 Adult @ 6000 JPMiles : 6000
Total JPMiles to be redeemed : 6000
Fare : INR 228
[Fare(s) include Airline Fuel Charge (YQ)
+ Airline Congestion Charge (YR) as applicable]
Tax
Service Tax (JN) : INR 24
Fees
Passenger Service Fee (WO) : INR 229

Total Trip Cost : INR 481
this is ok and what I have also experienced ..
IMO YQ given above does not include fuel surcharge since then the price would be much higher and not only INR 228 for that component..
Do some intl pricing and then u will see the difference in this component..
Old Mar 29, 2011, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
Bit of a con job right? Get customer to pay an extra amount for K class in the hope he might get upgraded and then tell him at the airport to go and sit in the back.
My view is
But we already know that 9W redepmtions ( and options) are bad .. Hoping it improves in the future..
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
some international sectors don't make sense at all....the cheapest price on the del-bkk sector in june is around inr 16k but an award ticket will set me back inr 12.5k over the miles required....
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
some international sectors don't make sense at all....the cheapest price on the del-bkk sector in june is around inr 16k but an award ticket will set me back inr 12.5k over the miles required....
exaclty...
with 9W taking the policy to charge fuel surcharge on intl redemptions, it becomes quite expensive (and unattactive) to redeem .. and add the restriction of the very few seats that it releases and 9W's JP does not seem very attractive anymore..
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:27 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
On a side note, was wondering if one uses an upgrade voucher for a international sector, does one get credited 1 Tier Point for the original economy class booking or 3 Tier Points, since you've upgraded to Biz?
Old Mar 30, 2011, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by quarryking
On a side note, was wondering if one uses an upgrade voucher for a international sector, does one get credited 1 Tier Point for the original economy class booking or 3 Tier Points, since you've upgraded to Biz?
1 tier point for the paid fare. And many times you need to do a manual retro credit for that, as it often auto-posts as ineligible with 0 points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.