Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways - Name problem

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Jet Airways - Name problem

Hi all, I need some advice on my family ticket booked through a travel agent with Jet Airways LHR-BOM.

Everything is fine except my 5 year old daughter name is attached with MASTER rather than MISS. Name is right as per passport.

Title is correct as Child, it's a cockup the travel agent has done, I have requested with travel agent to correct this from day one, he says it is okay and he put the remarks on the ticket to read as MISS.

When I called Jet Airways they say it needs correction, but they want to be done through travel agent but not me.

Would you please advice whether the changes are necessary, I'm travelling on Dec.15th.

Thanks you in advance.

Last edited by robocop; Dec 1, 2010 at 8:30 am
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:32 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by robocop
Hi all, I need some advice on my family ticket booked through a travel agent with Jet Airways LHR-BOM.

Everything is fine except my 5 year old daughter name is attached with MASTER rather than MISS. Name is right as per passport.

Title is correct as Child, it's a cockup the travel agent has done, I have requested with travel agent to correct this from day one, he says it is okay and he put the remarks on the ticket to read as MISS.

When I called Jet Airways they say it needs correction, but they want to be done through travel agent but not me.

Would you please advice whether the changes are necessary, I'm travelling on Dec.15th.

Thanks you in advance.
Welcome to FT Robocop..

I have had the same error multiple times (though always on domestic flights), and there was never a problem during check-in or travelling..
It helped ofcourse that the name was clearly a male /female one..
This topic has been discussed in this forum previously also and IIRC no one reported any problems..
You may search this forum for similar threads..
IMO, if the TA gives it in the notes, it should be fine..
Old Dec 1, 2010, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
My partners was booked as Mr. No problems at check in and at immigration. That was for LHR-DEL just a few weeks back. You should be fine.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Just had a nightmare with Southall travel who in their wise wisdom decided to stick my parents titles in their bookings. The names did not match the FF accounts.

tickets should have been issued as Surname/Firstname as on FF card but they decided to stick in titles: surname/firstnameMR and surname/firstnameMRS which meant that PNRs did not match with FF cards.

No problem in checking in but I had to chase Kingfisher to get the miles posted to their accounts.

PS this is not a Kingfisher problem as their automated systems would detect that the name on the FF account is different from the PNRs.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Other than a possible problem with getting flight credit in the "loyalty" programs, I've never witnessed a problem where a child's "title" lead to any kind of big problem.

I would not worry about it. Just keep the boarding passes until the account is credited with the flight(s).
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by d3vski
Just had a nightmare with Southall travel who in their wise wisdom decided to stick my parents titles in their bookings. The names did not match the FF accounts.

tickets should have been issued as Surname/Firstname as on FF card but they decided to stick in titles: surname/firstnameMR and surname/firstnameMRS which meant that PNRs did not match with FF cards.No problem in checking in but I had to chase Kingfisher to get the miles posted to their accounts.

PS this is not a Kingfisher problem as their automated systems would detect that the name on the FF account is different from the PNRs.
Same thing happenned for my spouse some weeks back but by another TA who suddenly thought of doing this..
It was in 9W, but though the miles did not post automatically, it was luckily easily done online without any follow up required..
But surprising thing was the TA adding the title with the 1st name..
Old Dec 2, 2010, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I would not worry about it. Just keep the boarding passes until the account is credited with the flight(s).
+1..
Old Dec 2, 2010, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
welcome to ft robocop....as others have said, you should not face any problems....

if you want peace of mind then just ask your ta to send a correction note to the airline & send you a copy of the reply they get from the airline....
Old Dec 6, 2010, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies, I'm relieved now.

My TA supposed to update me when I queried last time, but no reply yet.

I'll update you how it goes.

Thank you once again
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:09 pm

Thanks you in advance.
Good that you booked through a Agent. At least you know whom to talk to.

I booked over the net and did the same mistake(I remember selecting it right) for my daughter. Ticket has got MSTR against her name. I tried to call Jetairways but got the reply that I need to send an email to "[email protected]". I have sent more than 3 emails but did not get any reply.
When you talk to their customer services representatives(did 7-8 times) you will get a standard reply that they can not do any thing in this case. Person sitting behind "[email protected]" can.

All of them said that it can not be changed and need to be cancelled and booked again.. I tried to cancel ticket of my daughter over the net , as I booked on that , but it gave error that “Children must be accompanied by an adult. Please amend your selection and proceed.” Can some one ask them to correct their software ?

One thing I have decided , never ever travel in jetairways. I am waiting for the reply from them( how to cancel my ticket) . I have decided to cancel the whole tickets and book in another airline where they have customers services atleast.

This is not the worst experience . in 2007 they did not have system to charge you in GBP directly and they were charging in Indian Currency. But it was not mentioned any where on thier website. I booked a ticket and landed up paying 15% extra than what was the ticket cost. When called they said they don't have system to charge in GBP directly..

After that I had decided not to travel in Jetairways any more. And did not.
Now after 3 years , I thought they may have improved but don't see any sign of that.

Anyways, Good luck with your change. Get it done before you travel. You don't know these crazy people. They can say any thing at the last time.

good luck
Old Dec 7, 2010, 10:10 pm

Thank you for your replies, I'm relieved now.

My TA supposed to update me when I queried last time, but no reply yet.

I'll update you how it goes.

Thank you once again
let me know what happened with your case. Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:26 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Every airline booking GDS does it ..

If your name is Mr.Dev Ski, that's always typed in as SKI/DEV MR

The problem is when the ticketing TA uses (say) Galileo and the airline uses (say) Amadeus. Then the space after the Mr doesnt count for some reason so your name turns up as Devmr Ski.

Doesn't matter at all except that as you said, sometimes, miles don't post automatically.

Originally Posted by d3vski

tickets should have been issued as Surname/Firstname as on FF card but they decided to stick in titles: surname/firstnameMR and surname/firstnameMRS which meant that PNRs did not match with FF cards.

No problem in checking in but I had to chase Kingfisher to get the miles posted to their accounts.

Old Oct 20, 2013, 9:12 am

hello,

i have recently booked jet tickets having name problem

in middle name of my wife i have entered my name but we dont have proof other than marriage certificate. so will it be valid ? i tried customer care but they are not ready to get it changed
Old Oct 21, 2013, 7:14 pm
RJ1

delete

Last edited by RJ1; Oct 21, 2013 at 7:22 pm
Old Jul 29, 2015, 12:34 pm

Hi Anup,

Facing exact same issue, can you tell me how you resolved it, all the forums only talk about till the person tries to resolve, but nobody has provided any solution.

Can you recall and let me know how you solved it.

Thanks,
Sunitha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.