Wiki Posts
Search

India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:47 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by HMPS
Hi
Arriving BOM Jan 5. Need a cell phone immediately to contact EY chauffeurin case of crossed wires. Can I buy a SIM card (prepaid) to use while in India. Using a L G phone. Thank you.
Who is your carrier in the US? If it's T-Mobile, you only have to pay 20 cents per minute while in India to call an Indian Number (as part of Simple Global).
Old Dec 29, 2016, 4:38 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by xobile
Who is your carrier in the US? If it's T-Mobile, you only have to pay 20 cents per minute while in India to call an Indian Number (as part of Simple Global).
Thanks Can use T Mobile..... 20 cents per minute ( more elsewhere) adds up over three months !
Old Dec 30, 2016, 10:14 am

Programs: EY
Thanks Can use T Mobile..... 20 cents per minute ( more elsewhere) adds up over three months !
Well the point is that you can get a local sim, and while waiting for it to activate over the next 12-24 hours, you can use your T-Mobile sim for emergency calls, like to your driver. And 20 cents a minute is the rate for most countries, with a few exceptions like Cuba. And 20 cents a minute is far better than the $3 a minute they used to charge, and what I believe Verizon and AT&T still charge.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 2:57 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
So, if you get a local sim, it does not get activated for 12-24 hours?

Just to clarify.

And can anyone update us on the situation with currenxy exchange at Delhi Int airport for those of us arriving if there are still problems?

Thanks yall
Old Dec 31, 2016, 4:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes and yes, see the two threads on the topic?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have t-mobile & vonage as well....i've loaded the vonage app on my phone & just use that to call when i'm traveling....the calls are free & i have unlimited internet so it works out great....
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Interesting figures in the latest CAPA analysis of India:

http://centreforaviation.com/analysi...ritical-314982
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:32 am

Jets food was surprisingly good this weekend:
Attached Images  
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Keyser
i have t-mobile & vonage as well....i've loaded the vonage app on my phone & just use that to call when i'm traveling....the calls are free & i have unlimited internet so it works out great....
Thanks. Interesting combination. Will have to try it ....for now have to be content with Skype
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:13 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Jets food was surprisingly good this weekend:
Which sector did you fly~? Business class?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by wolf72
Which sector did you fly~? Business class?
CCU-BOM business class dinner.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
CCU-BOM business class dinner.
Did MAA-BOM a couple weeks back on 9W. (Y class)
The Jain Veg meal (VJML) was absolutely the worst meal I have ever had on a plane....I think the meal was supposed to be something like a kebab-like thingy and a kathi-roll-like thingy. However, all of it literally tasted like uncooked chapathi dough.

I did do the feedback (online feedback ..9W sent an email saying "tell us about your experience"). Of course, never heard from them after completing the feedback. (I guess the feedback goes to some other agency who simply collect the results.

The regular "veg" meal was slightly less horrible. But was inedible too (my wife tried that).

The guy sitting next to us was a weekly commuter....he was smart and did not even want to see the food.
Attached Images  

Last edited by ft4lyf; Jan 30, 2017 at 1:37 pm
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ft4lyf
Did MAA-BOM a couple weeks back on 9W. (Y class)
The Jain Veg meal (VJML) was absolutely the worst meal I have ever had on a plane....I think the meal was supposed to be something like a kebab-like thingy and a kathi-roll-like thingy. However, all of it literally tasted like uncooked chapathi dough.

I did do the feedback (online feedback ..9W sent an email saying "tell us about your experience"). Of course, never heard from them after completing the feedback. (I guess the feedback goes to some other agency who simply collect the results.

The regular "veg" meal was slightly less horrible. But was inedible too (my wife tried that).

The guy sitting next to us was a weekly commuter....he was smart and did not even want to see the food.

That looks...horrid. I would not even touch that. Why not just serve veggie sandwich's or even simple chapati and dhall and veggies without trying to be over the top and failing.

Which airline was this? Will remind myself never to fly on their airline.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by wolf72
That looks...horrid. I would not even touch that. Why not just serve veggie sandwich's or even simple chapati and dhall and veggies without trying to be over the top and failing.

Which airline was this? Will remind myself never to fly on their airline.
9W (Jet Airways).
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone seen the Star alliance award chart for AI. Talk about complicated. Looks as if someone set it up on excel. Here it is.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.