Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
Are the Gateway, Trident and Fortune Hotels targeting the same demographic?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tomcat007
Are the Gateway, Trident and Fortune Hotels targeting the same demographic?
I would say fortune is one step below the other two.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 5:01 am

Programs: JetPrivilege, Flying Returns, Marriott Rewards
I am looking to upgrade my current HDFC card. I have two options – either upgrade to no-fee JP Platinum card, or ₹2500/year Diners Premium. The purpose of this card will be lounge access, and Mumbai is my home airport. I mainly fly to Bangalore, Chennai & Delhi. Which of these two cards is better for lounge access at these 4 airports?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by sairaghav
I am looking to upgrade my current HDFC card. I have two options – either upgrade to no-fee JP Platinum card, or ₹2500/year Diners Premium. The purpose of this card will be lounge access, and Mumbai is my home airport. I mainly fly to Bangalore, Chennai & Delhi. Which of these two cards is better for lounge access at these 4 airports?
I am using Diners Club Rewardz since a few months and compared to my titanium royale (both HDFC), Diners Club has better access to lounges. At Mumbai (curious if you would be using Mumbai lounges, it being your home) though, there are only two lounges with one opposite A2 offering services to mastercard and diners club while the other is exclusive to Jet Airways.

I just checked that only international departures of Chennai and Bangalore have mastercard accessible lounges while there are domestic departure lounges for Diners Club.

Also wondering if Rewardz card would make more sense since I guess there isn't any difference between the lounge access entitlements.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:58 am

Hi to all.

A random question.

I have a booking on 9w on domestic network next month. I am less likely to travel on that booking though.

Since that is a non refundable and non changeable ticket, if I cancel it I would only get taxes back(INR 900).

Now I am thinking about not to cancel that booking and earn some jpmiles out of it. I would check in online but do not board plane at all( I mean I would not go to airport at all). I would get 1000 miles for that flight.

But I am concerned about whether they credit miles for gate no-show passenger or not. Further is spending around INR 1k for 1k jpmiles a good deal? I am not a frequent traveler and have hardly 7-8k of jpmiles in my account.

This is my first post in FT. I welcome all sorts of comments and suggestion.

Last edited by mesantosh99; Aug 29, 2015 at 10:40 am
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:54 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by mesantosh99
Hi to all.

A random question.

I have a booking on 9w on domestic next month. I am less likely to travel on that booking though.

Since that is a non refundable and non changeable ticket, if I cancel it I would only get taxes back(INR 900).

Now I am thinking about not to cancel that booking and earn some jpmiles out of it. I would check in online but do not board plane at all( I mean I would not go to airport at all). I would get 1000 miles for that flight.

But I am concerned about whether they credit miles for gate no-show passenger or not. Further is spending around INR 1k for 1k jpmiles a good deal? I am not a frequent traveler and have hardly 7-8k of jpmiles in my account.

This is my first post in FT. I welcome all sorts of comments and suggestion.
no show pax don't get miles.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
no show pax don't get miles.
Is it based on your own experience? I did not find this rule mentioned anywhere in their site. Honestly, I went through all terms and conditions of jet privilege membership.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Is it based on your own experience? I did not find this rule mentioned anywhere in their site. Honestly, I went through all terms and conditions of jet privilege membership.
I believe that if one does not show up in the gate the passenger is considered to be offloaded and hence one will not get miles for the sector one has not flown.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
This is the case with every single FF program out there. I am not aware of a single one that offers miles for no show's.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by onlysuites
This is the case with every single FF program out there. I am not aware of a single one that offers miles for no show's.
I assume no show and gate no show are different stuff.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I assume no show and gate no show are different stuff.
if you don't fly then you don't get the miles....its as simple as that....doesn't matter whether you no show or gate no show....
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:26 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Keyser
if you don't fly then you don't get the miles....its as simple as that....doesn't matter whether you no show or gate no show....
YES With any of the programs you can think od.....

This also applies to Mattress Runs in most hotels.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by HMPS
This also applies to Mattress Runs in most hotels.
actually, with spg you get the points but no stay/night credit if you no-show....
Old Aug 31, 2015, 2:41 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
did you look at the one where JP considers "Attempting to earn JPMiles for Sectors that have not been flown or are not eligible for JPMiles" as Fraud?
Old Sep 4, 2015, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by A2A
did you look at the one where JP considers "Attempting to earn JPMiles for Sectors that have not been flown or are not eligible for JPMiles" as Fraud?
Ok thanks for clarification. I thought airlines consider checked in passengerd as flown and credit miles immediately after check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.