Community
Wiki Posts
Search

India-based Airlines Chai Stall

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 3:45 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by HMPS
[B
READ ALSO: Pilots' mental health — DCGA mulls new norms

Junior pilots highly stressed, financially overburdened, AI pilots' body warns

The AI spokesman said: "The two had an argument. They have settled the issue."

According to senior AI commanders, the co-pilot in question has reportedly faced similar charges in the past too. "Three years back, he asked the commander of a flight to come out of the cockpit, remove the stars on his shirt collar (appulates) and then fought with him. A year later, another commander complained about his 'rude and unbecoming' behavior in the cockpit and questioned his state of mind," said a senior commander.

"AI and DGCA should examine this latest problem in the cockpit. If the complaints about the said co-pilot's behavior are found true, then in the interest of aviation safety the authorities must act," said a pilot

Neither DGCA chief M Sathiyavathy, nor her deputies could be reached for comments.
[/B]
If this is true is it one more reason not to try AI again after a long abstentation ? This co pilot if the reports are true, must know somebody ! Just think he will be a commander one day

Trying to understand how many chances AI are going to give this co-pilot..he has shown a complete disregard for safety and basic protocols and a little bit of respect for his fellow cockpit member...people like this are, in this day and age, very dangerous.

He can't be flying. What more even working in a cockpit as a co-commander on any flight with passengers.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Flew Jet BKK-DEL the other day and the aircraft was a old 737 without any IFE in J Worth complaining as it is a 4hr flight? According to the crew it was due to a last minute equipment change.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:26 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Flew Jet BKK-DEL the other day and the aircraft was a old 737 without any IFE in J Worth complaining as it is a 4hr flight? According to the crew it was due to a last minute equipment change.
Not much they can do when there is equipment change.
I would write requesting some miles.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I am considering buying an Indian SIM card for my international roaming needs. I am currently with Cricket Wireless and they have no sort of international service. I would use the card for the most part in the US. I am looking for recommendations on which service to use. Some important things are:

- Should be a prepaid service, with no monthly fees
- As long a period of no activity
- easy way to recharge account - preferably auto recharge
- cheap call rates
- quality of calls.

Any such service?

Last edited by UA Fan; Apr 20, 2015 at 11:43 am
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I am considering buying an Indian SIM card for my international roaming needs. I am currently with Cricket Wireless and they have no sort of international service. I would use the card for the most part in the US. I am looking for recommendations on which service to use. Some important things are:

- Should be a prepaid service, with no monthly fees
- As long a period of no activity
- easy way to recharge account - preferably auto recharge
- cheap call rates
- quality of calls.

Any such service?
Nope - nothing even remotely close to what you need. Better luck switching to a postpaid T-Mobile USA plan, that includes international voice/ data roaming at a very reasonable charge.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Nimish
Nope - nothing even remotely close to what you need. Better luck switching to a postpaid T-Mobile USA plan, that includes international voice/ data roaming at a very reasonable charge.
I once met someone of Indian origin in the US who does the same thing, but can't remember which service he uses. He keeps the SIM and sends a text every 6 months or so to keep it active.

Last edited by UA Fan; Apr 28, 2015 at 11:02 am
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:49 pm

Any more on the AI commander who delayed his flight for hours because his gas / oxygen mask was dirty ?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 3:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Any more on the AI commander who delayed his flight for hours because his gas / oxygen mask was dirty ?
He was brave.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by wolf72
He was brave.
Surely you jest ?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:12 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
How can we know? Maybe he was brave, maybe he is guilty of insubordination, maybe he is actually a woman in disguise. We don't know. We never will know. Such is life.

I simply don't understand how this qualifies as "news". A flight got delayed a few hours due to technical reasons. Surely there are more pressing issues for all of us to worry about?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
How can we know? Maybe he was brave, maybe he is guilty of insubordination, maybe he is actually a woman in disguise. We don't know. We never will know. Such is life.

I simply don't understand how this qualifies as "news". A flight got delayed a few hours due to technical reasons. Surely there are more pressing issues for all of us to worry about?
We know you are a AI loyalist.
In and by itself this would be news only if the producer / editor needed tonfillnup space. To me it is one more in a continuing saga of why to shun AI.

You say few hours late, so big deal. have you asked those who missed important deadlines because of childish behavior of a Commander ? Whtat is the domino effect of one flight departing and arriving hours after sked time ?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
In and by itself this would be news only if the producer / editor needed tonfillnup space. To me it is one more in a continuing saga of why to shun AI.

You say few hours late, so big deal. have you asked those who missed important deadlines because of childish behavior of a Commander ? Whtat is the domino effect of one flight departing and arriving hours after sked time ?
If this situation is indeed the pilot's fault, AI will deal with him through their own disciplinary procedures. It's not the public's problem. There is also a possibility that the pilot was correct to delay the flight. We don't know.

Using anecdotal evidence is not an effective argument against flying AI. If you want to pull out on-time statistics and use them to justify shunning AI, that would be a more valid argument. However, the statistics show that AI does not perform particularly differently than its competitors.

This story doesn't tell you much useful information about AI's on time record at all - all it tells you about is how incompetent AI's public relations team is. If this was a private airline, the journo's hands would have been greased properly and we never would have heard this "news".

Nothing to see here, let's move along...
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
If this situation is indeed the pilot's fault, AI will deal with him through their own disciplinary procedures. It's not the public's problem. There is also a possibility that the pilot was correct to delay the flight. We don't know.

Using anecdotal evidence is not an effective argument against flying AI. If you want to pull out on-time statistics and use them to justify shunning AI, that would be a more valid argument. However, the statistics show that AI does not perform particularly differently than its competitors.

This story doesn't tell you much useful information about AI's on time record at all - all it tells you about is how incompetent AI's public relations team is. If this was a private airline, the journo's hands would have been greased properly and we never would have heard this "news".

Nothing to see here, let's move along...
So easy to dismiss other's views.
Suppositions you present are NOT reasons enough for me ( and I dare say others) to use AI. Sorry.
just because other airline's report card on punctuality matches AI is an argument that is futile. we all remember when we used such argument in our childhood, reply was would you jump in the well because so and so does ?
Re AI will handle it. pray tell how they handled the Commander who nearly came to blows in the cockpit ?
Re greasing jurnos......maybe AI does not have a budget because they overspend on themselves or others in the " not what you know but who you know" camp.

Last edited by HMPS; Apr 28, 2015 at 6:56 pm
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:00 pm

Suppositions you present are NOT reasons enough for me ( and I dare say others) to use AI. Sorry.
Arguing that passengers should choose one airline over another because of anecdotal data when the comprehensive data available suggests that there is not a compelling reason to avoid said airline is fundamentally illogical.

That said, if you want to avoid AI, that is entirely your right to do so. However, it is not logical to say that this avoidance is because of AI's timeliness.

just because other airline's report card on punctuality matches AI is an argument that is futile. we all remember when we used such argument in our childhood, reply was would you jump in the well because so and so does ?
This is a red herring. If AI decided that it's on time performance was sufficient and it shouldn't improve anymore because of the logic you suggest, then your point might be valid. But that's an entirely separate issue.

As a rational consumer, there is no compelling OTP-related reason to choose a competitor over AI if both airlines have a similar timeliness record. That's all I'm saying.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 8:11 pm

Please retread my earlier post . I did not base my assertion on anecdotal evidence. I say " CONTINUING SAGA.

I rest my case. happy you have found a home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.