Jet airways strict about baggage weight?

Subscribe
Quote: Why does the ticket show a different thing? It seems a simple enough rule that the ticketing software should be able to handle...
perhaps....but i have come across this issue a few times in my travels too....according to my travel agent, the ticket will usually list the baggage allowance allowed for that leg of the trip....but the general rule that all airlines follow is that they allow the international luggage allowance if you are immediately connecting to or from a domestic flight....also, the ticket must be on the same pnr....
Quote: Why does the ticket show a different thing? It seems a simple enough rule that the ticketing software should be able to handle...
I wish we had answers to this and many other unexplained things in air ticketing
Quote: dont get me started on LH and OS from India.. on the return from EU I found it much easier with even 5kgs but not from India..
Normally occurs with anal-retentive LH Flight Managers who have nothing else to do except follow the rules by the letter - happens to me at one specific airport each and every time!

Quote: I have no sympathy for people that are flying deep discount Y tickets that are then attempting to stuff 30kg into luggage and then throwing DYKWIA temper tantrums when being asked to pay fees or remove items from luggage.

(and don't even get me started on the abuses on carry on luggage on flights to / from India)
Or maybe it is some of us who are paying *higher* than the lowest Y fare for the flight (INR 20k extra) and still having to deal with attitudes such as yours...

Quote: Oh come on; 500kg extra should be nothing for an airline, whats next, they are going to start weighing passengers to see if the plane is under limit?
Exactly - might as well now fare us up based on our weight/s! @:-)

Quote: And that rationale justifies breaking stated policies? Like I said, if this issue is so important, vote with your wallet and fly with an airline that allows leeways.
I have already boycotted SQ, and they *do not* get a single Singaporean Cent from me - for the past 7 years...everything has gone to 9w and LH!

Quote: i've said it before & i'll say it again, it all depends on the person checking you in....

the craziest experience i had was last year when i was flying from lhr-del....ideally the allowance is 28 kgs but because i was traveling in first, it went up to 69 kgs....i'm plat so i was allowed an additional 20kgs....i also have the jet plat card from citibank which gave me an extra 15 kgs (normally they don't allow this on international flights but the supervisor at check-in was really nice & she allowed it)....so i was allowed a total of 104 kgs....

even after all this extra allowance, my luggage was about 10 kgs overweight....all thanks to the 2 heavy bags of books & files i had carried for my arbitration....plus i had another bag full of shopping items that my wife asked me to get back....

i was ready to pay the excess baggage fee but the supervisor just let me go....very sweet of her for first including the extra allowance from my credit card & then waiving off the 10 kgs extra....
Technically, the Citi-Jet Plat card does not allow an add-on of luggage allowance - your elite baggage allowance is used in lieu of same, trumping the cc allowance - AFAIK and as per 9wSIN station.
Quote: I wish we had answers to this and many other unexplained things in air ticketing
It is simple - someone just has to have 9w's management sit on their web programmers' heads - I've fixed many things like that before...
Quote: Technically, the Citi-Jet Plat card does not allow an add-on of luggage allowance - your elite baggage allowance is used in lieu of same, trumping the cc allowance - AFAIK and as per 9wSIN station.
technically you are right....but i've come across many agents who add this on top of the elite baggage allowance....i am usually traveling with a lot of heavy books & files between del-bom....i've never had a problem....
Quote: technically you are right....but i've come across many agents who add this on top of the elite baggage allowance....i am usually traveling with a lot of heavy books & files between del-bom....i've never had a problem....
I think I'll use this to my advantage soon.
This is a related question. We are cruising and flying BC/J to our port of embarkation via Asiana which allows 2 bags, each up to 32. However,we are returning home via Jet which appears to allow 3 bags but with a weight limit of 23 kg each. Can anyone help me with this issue? We are wondering how to pack to avoid paying overweight on Jet.
Quote: This is a related question. We are cruising and flying BC/J to our port of embarkation via Asiana which allows 2 bags, each up to 32. However,we are returning home via Jet which appears to allow 3 bags but with a weight limit of 23 kg each. Can anyone help me with this issue? We are wondering how to pack to avoid paying overweight on Jet.
Hey paulaJK, not sure that there is any way to avoid the excess luggage fees. Use my mother's trick - on the outbound, insert one suitcase inside of a second suitcase. The inner suitcase naturally has to be a bit smaller, but you will have the right pieces for the return journey! Note - my mother didn't use this trick to deal with excess luggage fees, but anticipated doing LOTS of shopping in India.
Quote: Hey paulaJK, not sure that there is any way to avoid the excess luggage fees. Use my mother's trick - on the outbound, insert one suitcase inside of a second suitcase. The inner suitcase naturally has to be a bit smaller, but you will have the right pieces for the return journey! Note - my mother didn't use this trick to deal with excess luggage fees, but anticipated doing LOTS of shopping in India.
When speaking abt shopping, might be worthwile to even bick up a good trolley luggage in india for the return.. i guess most branded ones are cheaper than in Eur/US..
Quote: i've said it before & i'll say it again, it all depends on the person checking you in....
All true - but it ALSO depends on how full the flight is. A packed flight means they'll be even more anal about cabin baggage having to be checked in, weight limits strictly enforced etc.

When the flight's not so full they'll likely give you leeway for a few kilos, without any issues.
Quote: perhaps....but i have come across this issue a few times in my travels too....according to my travel agent, the ticket will usually list the baggage allowance allowed for that leg of the trip....but the general rule that all airlines follow is that they allow the international luggage allowance if you are immediately connecting to or from a domestic flight....also, the ticket must be on the same pnr....
Delta Airline does not have a PNR #, I have my reservations on the same page since the Jet Airways booking was made on the same day via Delta Airlines. I was told I can take 3 pcs - international business elite class @ 32 kg's with Jet Airways beacuse they have and Interline agreement with them.. I believe my bags will be tagged in Newark (USA) and will ariive in BOM with AMD tag's on them.. Will I have any problems on arrival @ BOM with my 3 pcs or vica versa when I leave AMD to BOM via JET for my Onward Flight on Delta?
i was connecting at BOM on IT for domestic flight arriving from EWR, had no issue checkin 2 bags each 60 lbs. again, it all depends on a person at desk who is checkin.