Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

no advance seat assignments on Jet Airways?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2010, 2:20 am
Original Poster

I purchased a Jet Airways international travel ticket via the Jet Airways web site today, and did not see an option to select a seat assignment either during purchase or by going back into the ticketed reservation via Manage My Booking. The ticket is for travel about a week from now.

When I called Jet Airways to request a seat assignment, I was told this can only be done 48 hours in advance or when checking in, and that this is not a a new policy.

I'm sure I've selected advance seat assignments when purchasing tickets before. Am I somehow mistaken, or has Jet Airways instituted a new advance seating policy.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
this is definitely not a new rule....advance seat assignment can be done upto 48 hours prior depending on your elite status & which cabin you are traveling in....if you don't have plat status or are not traveling business or first then i think you can only pick your seat 48 hours prior to your flight....

although, if you have a good travel agent then you won't wont have this problem....i book all my travel trough a travel agent & they have managed to block seats for me weeks (sometimes months) in advance....

Last edited by Keyser; Aug 17, 2010 at 3:48 am
Old Aug 16, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by starflyer
I purchased a Jet Airways international travel ticket via the Jet Airways web site today, and did not see an option to select a seat assignment either during purchase or by going back into the ticketed reservation via Manage My Booking. The ticket is for travel about a week from now.

When I called Jet Airways to request a seat assignment, I was told this can only be done 48 hours in advance or when checking in, and that this is not a a new policy.

I'm sure I've selected advance seat assignments when purchasing tickets before. Am I somehow mistaken, or has Jet Airways instituted a new advance seating policy.
48 hours for elites (gold, plat) and biz pax, 24 hours for others. However, there are a few issues...here are some of the problem items:

a. This doesn't apply to the OP, but if your ticket is a combined one with 2 or more PNRs of 2 or more airlines, then you cannot check in online on jetairways' website. You can, however, on kingfisher's.

b. If the entire itinerary is on 9W, but one or more points of origin do not permit web check-in (eg, COK as I found out yesterday), then none of the segments can be checked in for, online.

c. Nature of metal to be used is subject to change - in such cases they don't permit OLCI until quite late...

c. Then of course, there are some days when the website just refuses to work ;-)

Originally Posted by saad
this is definitely not a new rule....advance seat assignment can be done upto 72 hours prior depending on your elite status & which cabin you are traveling in....if you don't have plat status or are not traveling business or first then i think you can only pick your seat 48 hours prior to your flight....

although, if you have a good travel agent then you won't wont have this problem....i book all my travel trough a travel agent & they have managed to block seats for me weeks (sometimes months) in advance....
Its 48 and 24, saad... http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Plan...bCheck-in.aspx
Old Aug 17, 2010, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
i know....i don't know why i wrote 72....must have had the number '72' on my mind for some other reason....
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
b. If the entire itinerary is on 9W, but one or more points of origin do not permit web check-in (eg, COK as I found out yesterday), then none of the segments can be checked in for, online.
Weird - about a month or two ago I web checked-in at COK (all domestic itin)with no probs!

All other facts are correct aniruddh!

However, note that although you might get pre-assigned a particular seat on 9w on an international sector (pre-48 hour CI) with Jet, but then when elite CI comes in at 48 hours, then elites can grab/bump any seat. (This is how it used to be about a year or two ago, but haven't flown any international Y sectors recently on Jet!)

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Aug 17, 2010 at 5:56 am
Old Feb 9, 2012, 3:01 pm

Bad behaviour of Jet Airways staff

I had very bad experience by jet airways staff .

Please find jet airways complaints in consumer court
Old Feb 9, 2012, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by prabhatcourt
I had very bad experience by jet airways staff .

Please find jet airways complaints in consumer court
welcome to ft prabhatcourt....how was this person rude????what was the conversation like????
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I'm having problems getting seat assignments paid for on my AA award for Jet metal HJK-VRN-DEL.

Supposedly the system would only allow paid seats to be paid for at the airport until yesterday (if what I was told is to be believed), but when I called back as requested, the system fix to allow for paid seats to be paid on the phone still didn't work.

I can't call the flight up on Jet's website with Jet's PNR. Makes me think that there's something wrong with the reservation, perhaps when I tried to purchase seats on an award flight when American issued the ticket.

Any insights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.