Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

India-based Airlines Lounge Meet-Ups

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 6, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flyfromscratch
Please add your lounge meet-up details below. Past entires can be easily deleted.
All users are free to add to and edit content from the wiki.

Keyser

24/07 / 14:10 - 16:50 / DEL - BLR / 9W 817 / Keyser / Happy to meet
26/07 / 13:00 - 15:40 / BLR - DEL / 9W 7126 / Keyser / Happy to meet
28/07 / 14:15 - 15:30 / DEL - IXD / AI 9603 / Keyser / Happy to meet
31/07 / 16:30 - 18:40 / IXD - DEL / AI 9604 / Keyser / Happy to meet

Flyfromscratch

02/08 / 21:05 - 08:30 / EWR - LHR / BA 188 / Flyfromscratch / Happy to meet
03/08 / 19:35 - 08:15 / LHR - DEL / BA 257 / Flyfromscratch / Happy to meet
05/08 / 07:00 - 09:05 / DEL - CCU / AI 401 / Flyfromscratch / Happy to meet
Print Wikipost

India-based Airlines Lounge Meet-Ups

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 1:06 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I will tell you that the fact that you will get quality breakfast on Air India will make the entire day much more pleasant. However, in the end it is your decision of course . I do urge you to actually give AI a try. Maybe you'll like it so much that you'll fly AI on the return too
You are preaching to me as if I have never flown AI before.. I won't argue on the food point.. afterall, AI's Kitchen manager is only guy who is working in that entire company.. but then, I have other issues to manage.. it's an open fight between IT, AI and 9W, as of now.. will tell you around 4 pm which flight I finally got a seat on

P.S.- I have been doing CCU PNQ return quite often these days on 9W FFC.. and the food is just awesome.. AI does have some competition..
Old Mar 7, 2012, 2:57 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by simz
You are preaching to me as if I have never flown AI before..
Of course you haven't flown AI before. If you had, you wouldn't have said this:
AI has been on time.. but my inherent dislike for AI is not allowing me to book that flight..
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:33 am

Speaking of lounged, I noticed the other day that AI have another lounge at Sahar now, this time downstairs in the airside. Didn't look open yet, but appeared to be very nearly complete.

With the upstairs pre-security lounge, that makes two AI lounges at Sahar (unless they plan to close the old one). That is actually impressive, seeing how BOM is basically a spoke for AI now.

Of course you haven't flown AI before. If you had, you wouldn't have said this:
AI (and by that I mean mostly the erstwhile IC) are perfectly fine for flying domestic. They won't be winning any awards anytime soon (except perhaps for having the tattiest cabins), but usually work out just fine.

I prefer them to Jet because (a) I can't handle the 737s (b) Jet now have by far the worst crew around (c) at least at BOM, the IC's Terminal 1A is much better to deal with than the cluster that 1B has become.

On the other hand, I'd rather get a dozen root canals without drugs than fly AI long-haul, primarily because of their ground ops.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 3:41 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jasepl
AI (and by that I mean mostly the erstwhile IC) are perfectly fine for flying domestic. They won't be winning any awards anytime soon (except perhaps for having the tattiest cabins), but usually work out just fine.

I prefer them to Jet because (a) I can't handle the 737s (b) Jet now have by far the worst crew around (c) at least at BOM, the IC's Terminal 1A is much better to deal with than the cluster that 1B has become.

On the other hand, I'd rather get a dozen root canals without drugs than fly AI long-haul, primarily because of their ground ops.
Fair enough.

I don't fly AI longhaul either - sadly, they don't fly to BOS yet. Maybe once they get their 787s ^... Since I haven't flown AI longhaul (except for DEL-HYD legs), I can't really comment on it. But the IC side of AI is definitely better than anything I remember of 9W...
Old Mar 7, 2012, 5:50 am
Used to be ' simz '

I will tell you that the fact that you will get quality breakfast on Air India will make the entire day much more pleasant. However, in the end it is your decision of course . I do urge you to actually give AI a try. Maybe you'll like it so much that you'll fly AI on the return too
KF is sold out.. and my travel team hasn't managed to book me a ticket yet.. so Im down to AI or 9W.. the battle continues.. AI is in the lead, due to better pricing
Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:42 am
Used to be ' simz '

KF is sold out.. and my travel team hasn't managed to book me a ticket yet.. so Im down to AI or 9W.. the battle continues.. AI is in the lead, due to better pricing
Congrats PVD- I am flying AI indeed.. Now i just need to arrange a place to sleep at that unholy hour..!!
Old Mar 7, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Hey Everyone, Can anyone host me in on March 10th 12:00am to 5:00 am?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:45 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Originally Posted by Dhamal
Hey Everyone, Can anyone host me in on March 10th 12:00am to 5:00 am?
Where..?? Put in your flight details, as is there in the first post of this thread.. that will help matters than this post, as this might get lost..
Old Mar 7, 2012, 4:50 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Sitting at the BOM airport, waiting for my flight to CCU on AI, I can't help but comment, that there is one thing that the some of the staff of AI know really well- THEIR JOB.. the efficiency with which the lady at the check in counter handled 3 of my requests, at one go, without batting an eyelid, was really impressive.. if only the people managing this airlines were not such ********
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:31 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Where..?? Put in your flight details, as is there in the first post of this thread.. that will help matters than this post, as this might get lost..
Babu, put me on the 1st page, but forgot the host me part

Any lounges that accept priorty pass select in Terminal 2? I have pP-select.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 5:35 am

Sitting at the BOM airport, waiting for my flight to CCU on AI, I can't help but comment, that there is one thing that the some of the staff of AI know really well- THEIR JOB.. the efficiency with which the lady at the check in counter handled 3 of my requests, at one go, without batting an eyelid, was really impressive.. if only the people managing this airlines were not such ********
Is PVDtoDEL paying you to say this?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:09 pm

I can absolutely believe that.

Most AI/IC crew and ground staff, in my opinion, have been taught and know how to do their job very well. They just choose not to do it a lot of the time.

Compare with the much ballyhooed Jet, and I find that the JetChildren compete with other to win the Most Clueless competition. It's almost as if Jet go out of their way to recruit the playground's most inept. And even the most incompetent cannot be as hopeless as Jet's current flock, unless there has been insufficient training.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:28 pm

I can absolutely believe that.

Most AI/IC crew and ground staff, in my opinion, have been taught and know how to do their job very well. They just choose not to do it a lot of the time.

Compare with the much ballyhooed Jet, and I find that the JetChildren compete with other to win the Most Clueless competition. It's almost as if Jet go out of their way to recruit the playground's most inept. And even the most incompetent cannot be as hopeless as Jet's current flock, unless there has been insufficient training.
These are some strong words! I'm not against criticizing wrongs, but in this case I disagree with you. In my AI/9W experiences (both domestic and international), I have felt that the crew and ground staff service was at least average. It was definitely not as horrible as you are making them out to be. Yes, it was not like SQ or EK. But it was definitely comparable to service received from, say, UA/AA.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:40 pm

Well, that's been my experience.

Jet used to have some of the best crew I have encountered. But that was some time ago and sadly it is no longer the case, I find.

In all my years of flying so many airlines, in all classes, over so many routes in so many countries, the single best and worst experiences in terms of crew performance have both been on Jet Airways.

And it's not a tale of just two flights: whilst the best was several years ago, it's been a steady but sure decline over the last few years. And the sheer incompentence on the worst one last year defied gravity to the extent that it must be considered an art form.

Then again, experiences, expectations, opinions, tastes....
Old Mar 9, 2012, 12:39 am
Used to be ' simz '

Well, that's been my experience.

Jet used to have some of the best crew I have encountered. But that was some time ago and sadly it is no longer the case, I find.

In all my years of flying so many airlines, in all classes, over so many routes in so many countries, the single best and worst experiences in terms of crew performance have both been on Jet Airways.

And it's not a tale of just two flights: whilst the best was several years ago, it's been a steady but sure decline over the last few years. And the sheer incompentence on the worst one last year defied gravity to the extent that it must be considered an art form.

Then again, experiences, expectations, opinions, tastes....
^ +1.. I couldn't have put it better myself.. I agree with every word you have said here..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.