Wiki Posts
Search

Air Pass

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2010, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Air Pass

Hi - I will be traveling to India in July. Does anyone have experience with the AI or 9W Airpasses? Are they a good value at $350.00 for seven days? I am assuming the high taxes are on top of that fare?
Old May 18, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Generally, a bad deal. The prices come out higher than if you book separately and I don't think you can book your airpasses online, if that makes a difference to you. Probably will, as phone lines can be busy and airport/ticket offices can be crowded.

How many segments are included in the $350 pass? It's not an unlimited number.
Old May 19, 2010, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i would not go with the airpass....
Old May 20, 2010, 4:36 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Hi - I will be traveling to India in July. Does anyone have experience with the AI or 9W Airpasses? Are they a good value at $350.00 for seven days? I am assuming the high taxes are on top of that fare?
I was checkin the 9W site, are u spking abt the one fare pass..
IMO, it works out quite quite expensive..Economy 4 sectors valid for 6 months is abt Rs 29k (abt 650USD).. is this 350USD u spking abt some fixed fare in USD ??
Another thing i notice, they have a 8 and 12 coupon pass which are more expensive than the 4 coupon pass..about 50% more
Old May 20, 2010, 6:53 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
Another thing i notice, they have a 8 and 12 coupon pass which are more expensive than the 4 coupon pass..about 50% more
That's because the 4 coupon pass is valid only for 6 months from issue date, whereas the 8 and 12 coupon book currently has unlimited validity - basically more flexibility. But yes, I agree with you, that if I know I'm going to travel 8 sectors within 6 months, makes much more sense to get 2x4 coupon booklets. But I'm told that the possibility of a last-minute complimentary upgrade at the airport / gate is higher if you have an 8 coupon booklet...anyone with experience on this?
Old May 20, 2010, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
That's because the 4 coupon pass is valid only for 6 months from issue date, whereas the 8 and 12 coupon book currently has unlimited validity - basically more flexibility. But yes, I agree with you, that if I know I'm going to travel 8 sectors within 6 months, makes much more sense to get 2x4 coupon booklets. But I'm told that the possibility of a last-minute complimentary upgrade at the airport / gate is higher if you have an 8 coupon booklet...anyone with experience on this?
I thot so myself but as per the below link, 8 & 12 coupons also hv the same validity of 6 months..only difference is that those can be sold till further notice whereas the 4 coupon booklet ends on 30th Sep,2010.
http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Spec...s/OneFare.aspx
Old May 24, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by bubbashow
The logic behind the "Air-Pass" was to ensure that the passenger would be able to travel in future a fixed number of times at a fixed price (+ taxes, payable while booking).

The crucial factor is the Price of the ticket, which like all things is based on Demand and Supply. And to cut a long story short, as of today in the Indian Skies, there is relatively less Demand than Supply.

There will definitely be exceptions, such as peak-hour traffic between BOM-DEL and other metros as well..!

Originally Posted by saad
i would not go with the airpass....
I second that opinion..!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
I think the OP is speaking over the overseas visitor airpasses and not the coupons? Please clarify - they are very different products - one is priced in US$ one in INR and targetted towards Indian clientelle.
see link for details
http://www.jetairways.com/EN/MY/Spec...ndiaFares.aspx

It's actually not a bad deal but really depends on how many sectors you plan to fly... depending on that might be either cheaper to buy one fare coupons or sector fares.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by avm2806
It's actually not a bad deal but really depends on how many sectors you plan to fly... depending on that might be either cheaper to buy one fare coupons or sector fares.
Its still quite a raw deal IMHO because those coupons are just for the basic fares .. You need to pay fuel surcharge and other fees totalling appx USD 80 per sector which makes it an addl approx INR 3500 .. that is quite a bit if we see the avg fares on offer unless its peak timings and last minute between the metros..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.