Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Award Ticket on Partner Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum

Was looking at redeeming some Jet miles for tickets on a partner airline thru south east asia. Was wondering if anyone else had done the same and how it all turned out.

Cause, apparently one has to first fill a form mentioning some preferred flight options, send it to jet and then they get back to you after a few days and all this has to be initiated a minimum of 14 days prior to travel.

Any experiences with this..?
Old Mar 27, 2010, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have booked partner award tickets with aa & united (once each)....its just like you said....fill up the form & jet will get back to you once they have checked with the airline about award availability....both times i got the ticket class & dates i requested....
Old Mar 27, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Redeeming 9W miles for partner airline or even 9w fares within south / south east asis is not very good value for miles. Fares are cheap enough that you can probably buy a ticket for a few thousand more than the taxes you'd have to pay on the award ticket besides the grossly high number of miles you'll be docked.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 10:09 pm
Original Poster

How does it work when there is no direct flight on any of the partner airlines between two destinations; Would it require double the number of miles in order to redeem a ticket, if the routing has a stop over/ flight change in it..??
Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by quarryking
How does it work when there is no direct flight on any of the partner airlines between two destinations; Would it require double the number of miles in order to redeem a ticket, if the routing has a stop over/ flight change in it..??
sometimes....it depends on how the partner airline looks at it....
Old Mar 28, 2010, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Another related question:
Does all of this work only between cities listed in the "International Airlines Partner Mileage Calculator" window..?? For example, don't see BKK listed in this window. Does this imply one can't redeem award tickets to/from/ thru - BKK..??
Old Mar 28, 2010, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another related question:
Does all of this work only between cities listed in the "International Airlines Partner Mileage Calculator" window..?? For example, don't see BKK listed in this window. Does this imply one can't redeem award tickets to/from/ thru - BKK..??
i believe bkk is listed among the cities on the online partner redemption form....so it should work....
Old Mar 29, 2010, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Been checking & looks like it's 20, 000 miles in order to redeem a single economy ticket, between most cities in the South East asian region.

Seems to make sense on certain sectors like say flights to NRT (which seem to be on the higher side always). On other sectors, like "hserus" has posted here earlier, makes sense to buy a regular ticket as opposed to using up miles for an award ticket.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Been checking & looks like it's 20, 000 miles in order to redeem a single economy ticket, between most cities in the South East asian region.

Seems to make sense on certain sectors like say flights to NRT (which seem to be on the higher side always). On other sectors, like "hserus" has posted here earlier, makes sense to buy a regular ticket as opposed to using up miles for an award ticket.
i agree....
Old Mar 29, 2010, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
OT slightly but what do you think is a "decent" value for miles redemption on Jet. I have yet to come across a great one yet. Only one that I can think of is DEL-IXC which is 4,000 miles, upgrade this to Premiere for another 1,000. This is decent value considering the Premiere fare is around 10,000 o/w.

I have yet to fork out on a LHR redemption, 100,000 + Rs22,000 Taxes is not really great value in my opinion. Not when Rs35,000 + 6 vouchers buys you the same + you earn miles.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lallyr
OT slightly but what do you think is a "decent" value for miles redemption on Jet. I have yet to come across a great one yet. Only one that I can think of is DEL-IXC which is 4,000 miles, upgrade this to Premiere for another 1,000. This is decent value considering the Premiere fare is around 10,000 o/w.

I have yet to fork out on a LHR redemption, 100,000 + Rs22,000 Taxes is not really great value in my opinion. Not when Rs35,000 + 6 vouchers buys you the same + you earn miles.
everytime a new route is launched, jet offers great miles redemption for that route for the next few months....
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Originally Posted by lallyr

your right, considering 60K AA miles + £120 (Rs7000ish) taxes get you the same seat.

Ive got about 8000 JP miles, i will probably slowly build them up to 32000 and then redeem them on y to J upgrade and say ta ta to JetPrivilege. Any better ideas?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 3:32 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
what I normally do is exaclty the opposite.. I fly on partner airlines and take the miles in Jet.. and then redeem the miles on Jet flights.. they hv the same mileage redemption structure and this is value for me.. specially since they do not charge the fuel surcharge which many other airlines seem to charge.. so a round trip within india costs only abt inr 900 and miles depending on the origin and destination.. this makes sense for me being based in India but travelling abroad for business...
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Not a big fan of 9W, but a friend suggested you can transfer Jet miles to Asia Miles and then use those Asia miles to redeem tickets on CX and other Asia Miles airlines. Has any one tried this? What is the process to transfer miles from 9W to Asia miles like?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA Exp- 4MM; UA 1K; BA Gold; 9W Plat; SPG Plat; Hilton Diamond; LH FT; DL Gold
Jet to Asia miles conversion

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Not a big fan of 9W, but a friend suggested you can transfer Jet miles to Asia Miles and then use those Asia miles to redeem tickets on CX and other Asia Miles airlines. Has any one tried this? What is the process to transfer miles from 9W to Asia miles like?
I don't think you can transfer Jet miles to Asia miles without losing a lot in complicated conversions.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.