FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   EWR-BRU on Jet Airways A330 in Business Class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1066343-ewr-bru-jet-airways-a330-business-class.html)

1K-DFW Mar 23, 2010 12:29 pm

EWR-BRU on Jet Airways A330 in Business Class

Hello,

Can anyone comment on the EWR-BRU route in Business Class - lounge access in EWR, seating, food, and arrival in BRU. I was hoping that the 777 was offered on this route but it's showing the A330 for May 7th. Is the seating on the A330 similar to the herringbone seating in Business Class on the 777, or is it significantly older seating ? Are there any 9W arrival facilities for transiting passengers in BRU ? I am transiting to a BA flight to LHR. I am actually trying to do 9W EWR-BRU, BA BRU-LHR, and 9W LHR-BOM to pick up 9W 117 (777 equipment) in the evening to BOM.

Thanks,

Keyser Mar 23, 2010 1:35 pm

i fly this route 8-10 times year....very comfortable seats in business....definitely one of the better business class i have ever been on....

jet lounge is pretty ok....i believe they share it with another airline....i am always late getting to the airport so have only made it to the lounge a couple of times....

the arriving facilities in bru are pretty good....i have never changed to a different airline in bru so won't be able to comment on the transfer....

1K-DFW Mar 23, 2010 2:36 pm

[QUOTE=saad;13632972]i fly this route 8-10 times year....very comfortable seats in business....definitely one of the better business class i have ever been on....QUOTE]

Can you give me more information about the seating configuration. Also, are these lie-flat sleeper seats similar to Jet's 777 herringbone pattern ?

onlysuites Mar 23, 2010 5:47 pm

Can you give me more information about the seating configuration. Also, are these lie-flat sleeper seats similar to Jet's 777 herringbone pattern ?
Exactly the same. Full flat beds.

On the 77W you have 1+2+1 where as on the 330 you will have 1+1+1

1K-DFW Mar 24, 2010 7:38 am

Thanks for the information.

therajman Mar 25, 2010 3:47 pm

Please check this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airli...nsibility.html

Keyser Mar 25, 2010 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by therajman (Post 13648436)

have replied to your post in the other thread....

d3vski Mar 26, 2010 10:57 am

Im sure that i read somewhere that some of the A330s have the older classic 2-2-2 configuration so beware that you MAY get unlucky.

Any ideas if jet got plans to refurb them to the herringbone?

onlysuites Mar 26, 2010 11:07 am

Originally Posted by d3vski (Post 13653696)
Im sure that i read somewhere that some of the A330s have the older classic 2-2-2 configuration so beware that you MAY get unlucky.

Any ideas if jet got plans to refurb them to the herringbone?

Yeah I know that two of them have the 2-2-2- seating, both of these were on lease to Gulf Air. Not sure if this lease has finished and the planes have been returned.

I hear that the deal with Thai Airways to lease out 4 77W's has gone through and the deal with Royal Brunei has been cancelled.

SuperFlyBoy Mar 28, 2010 11:53 am

Originally Posted by d3vski (Post 13653696)

If these seats are the same as the original SAA A343 config seats - they were *mighty* comfortable - facing forward as well, with fantastic seat pitch...much better than herringbone!

d3vski Mar 28, 2010 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy (Post 13664823)
If these seats are the same as the original SAA A343 config seats - they were *mighty* comfortable - facing forward as well, with fantastic seat pitch...much better than herringbone!

I understand what your saying and i would prefer to have 2x2x2 config when travelling with my wife but some people get mighty upset when they are travelling on a plane that does not have the advertised product.

Its human nature to feel hard done by.

DELYOW Apr 4, 2010 6:04 pm

I am a great fan of the SAA type flat seats. They are really wide and more comfortable than the herringbone.

The last few times I flew herringbone on 9W, the impression I got was that the seats were wider than the equivalent seats on AC, and therefore the foot rest was somewhat ill-aligned at the bottom

On another topic, is 9W still handing out sleeper suits in J on the YYZ-DEL route?

onlysuites Apr 4, 2010 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by DELYOW (Post 13708950)
On another topic, is 9W still handing out sleeper suits in J on the YYZ-DEL route?

Yes. On night flights only. Day flights you have to ask for it.

DELYOW Apr 5, 2010 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by lallyr (Post 13709114)
Yes. On night flights only. Day flights you have to ask for it.

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

SuperFlyBoy Apr 9, 2010 7:11 am

My kids have now taken a liking to the herringbone format - they love the AVOD system messaging and the popcorn particularly! :eek: :p