Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PBI-IAD-SYR on Jan 6th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2006, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

PBI-IAD-SYR on Jan 6th

I just booked a couple of award flights. I am leaving the 3rd and returning the 6th. How safe am I for my return?
Old Jan 1, 2006, 9:43 pm

Programs: United 1K
Good luck getting home.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jaguar
Good luck getting home.
I know its borderline what does everyone put my odds at?
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:36 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Rumor on the ACA Lounge is that all planes will return to IAD on the 5th and be parked. Best of luck to you.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:37 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
No offense dude, but pleny of experienced people have been telling you not to push your luck, like with your "plan" to buy a bunch of tix, refund them, and then use them for standby travel -- remember it was such a really great deal, right?

The ABSOLUTE LAST DAY you want to be flying on an airline is the day it folds. Period. If you know it's going to fold, or have a reasonable thought that it might, stay away.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DHAST
No offense dude, but pleny of experienced people have been telling you not to push your luck, like with your "plan" to buy a bunch of tix, refund them, and then use them for standby travel -- remember it was such a really great deal, right?

The ABSOLUTE LAST DAY you want to be flying on an airline is the day it folds. Period. If you know it's going to fold, or have a reasonable thought that it might, stay away.
yeah I know I had my 'plan', anyway as for this trip goes, worst case on the way back I will have to pay the $50 fee. I checked jetblue and they have a lot of availability on the 6th. Personally, I think it would be really cool to be on the last flight, I might have to change my reservation to the 5th, I know the SYR operations manager so I'll talk with him when i get to the airport If i need to switch.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 10:59 pm

I can't do odds because there are none. 0% chance. Guaranteed.

Cheers.
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

Well I guess the question now is how do I fly it on another airline, do I just show a copy of my printed confirmation to another airline's ticket counter?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:52 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
They will not be around on the 6th.

Official Closure Press Release
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
yeah I know I had my 'plan', anyway as for this trip goes, worst case on the way back I will have to pay the $50 fee. I checked jetblue and they have a lot of availability on the 6th. Personally, I think it would be really cool to be on the last flight, I might have to change my reservation to the 5th, I know the SYR operations manager so I'll talk with him when i get to the airport If i need to switch.
So now that you know they won't be around, you'll cancel the trip right?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
ClimbGuy,

JetBlue doesn't fly PBI-IAD-SYR. What makes you think they're legally required to create a new itinerary for you?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EricH
ClimbGuy,

JetBlue doesn't fly PBI-IAD-SYR. What makes you think they're legally required to create a new itinerary for you?
They do PBI-JFK-SYR which is what they are required to do, I am on hold with them and in the process of making the reservation switch over.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:25 pm

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Yes, they are obligated to take you via their routing on a STANDBY basis only for the $50. Would suck to get stuck on the cnx.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fastair
Yes, they are obligated to take you via their routing on a STANDBY basis only for the $50. Would suck to get stuck on the cnx.

yes it would i am still on hold with jetblue but they said they would just ticket it for me. They aren't sure about the fee yet. I think they just want to look good and pick up a new customer base. If jetblue tickets me today and doesn't charge me the $50 (well even if they do) you better belive I'll be standing infront for a camera at the airport telling them how great JetBlue is.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 1:38 pm

Programs: WN CP
If jetblue tickets me today and doesn't charge me the $50 (well even if they do) you better belive I'll be standing infront for a camera at the airport telling them how great JetBlue is.
Take it easy. The reservations agent isn't reading this thread while you're on hold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.