FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Independence Air iClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/independence-air-iclub-587/)
-   -   Can't make future reservations -- sign of the end? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/independence-air-iclub/508104-cant-make-future-reservations-sign-end.html)

ScottinHooville Dec 27, 2005 9:09 pm

Can't make future reservations -- sign of the end?

Not sure if the reservation system is down or if this is a sign of the end -- I just tried to pull up IAD-BOS flights in May (2-4) and June (2-4) and both said there were no flights. I'm of course not actually booking any future flights but the fact that those flights are gone...

I tried March 2-4 and that still pulls up flights.

I'm in CHO so guess I'll be looking at JetBlue out of RIC now. Wish there was a CHO-BOS flight as that's my main destination.

jaguar Dec 27, 2005 9:25 pm

That pretty well sums it up. It looks like the end is next month.

DH Employee Dec 27, 2005 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by ScottinHooville
Not sure if the reservation system is down or if this is a sign of the end -- I just tried to pull up IAD-BOS flights in May (2-4) and June (2-4) and both said there were no flights. I'm of course not actually booking any future flights but the fact that those flights are gone...

I tried March 2-4 and that still pulls up flights.

I'm in CHO so guess I'll be looking at JetBlue out of RIC now. Wish there was a CHO-BOS flight as that's my main destination.

We are only accepting reservations through the middle of March b/c we have not released a schedule. It looks like we never will :(

ScottinHooville Dec 27, 2005 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by DH Employee
We are only accepting reservations through the middle of March b/c we have not released a schedule. It looks like we never will :(

Normally schedules are released way further in advance than that. Even in March its only showing about 2-3 flights/day between BOS/IAD.

Sorry to see Indy go. It's saved me a ton and I have flown them and not United. I just booked a United flight in April since they are still matching Indy prices ($138/rt) but for June the best deal I found was JetBlue out of RIC (to BOS) (I live in CHO).

I'm flying Indy tomorrow (and again on Jan2), maybe I'll give a gift to the employees to boost their spirits -- I'm sure their rumor mill is spinning even faster than ours.

slippahs Dec 28, 2005 3:48 am

Apparently, according to an employee of FlyI posting on airliners.net, there seems to have been furlough notices sent out to all FlyI employees. Full thread here:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/2514800/

DH Employee Dec 28, 2005 9:05 am

Originally Posted by slippahs
Apparently, according to an employee of FlyI posting on airliners.net, there seems to have been furlough notices sent out to all FlyI employees. Full thread here:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions....main/2514800/

Furlough notices were sent out only to unionized employees. (pilots, fa's, mechanics, etc.)

flyin´ruddl Dec 28, 2005 2:18 pm

:)

Originally Posted by DH Employee
Furlough notices were sent out only to unionized employees. (pilots, fa's, mechanics, etc.)

I know not everybody likes this, but I do!!! :) :)

F.R.

DHAST Dec 28, 2005 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl

F.R.

Yup! Another case of the unions killing the company!

cblaisd Dec 28, 2005 3:22 pm

Civility, please.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator

djlndc Dec 28, 2005 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl

F.R.

So you're happy people will be losing their jobs?

Alpha Golf Dec 28, 2005 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by DHAST
Yup! Another case of the unions killing the company!

I'm no fans of unions, but I don't know of any serious analyst who blames the unions -- rather than management's ludicrous business plan -- in this case. The reason only the union people got the letters is that their contracts require it, while nonunion employees can be shown the door with no notice. And sadly, probably will be soon.

I feel for the employees. I hope those of you chortling never have it happen to you.

whlinder Dec 28, 2005 6:31 pm

The news of the furlough notices hit the local news (WJLA ABC 7) here in DC this evening. They went around interviewing customers who were naturally worried, some of who had upwards of $600 booked in the future on DH.

DHAST Dec 28, 2005 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by Alpha Golf
I'm no fans of unions, but I don't know of any serious analyst who blames the unions -- rather than management's ludicrous business plan -- in this case. The reason only the union people got the letters is that their contracts require it, while nonunion employees can be shown the door with no notice. And sadly, probably will be soon.

I feel for the employees. I hope those of you chortling never have it happen to you.

My comments lacked emoticons; they were made tongue in cheek however. I made them so people could see that despite what the rest of FT thinks, it is obvious that unions aren't always what kills an airline.

slippahs Dec 28, 2005 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by whlinder
The news of the furlough notices hit the local news (WJLA ABC 7) here in DC this evening. They went around interviewing customers who were naturally worried, some of who had upwards of $600 booked in the future on DH.

Well so long as these people paid with credit cards, they should be okay.

ScottinHooville Dec 28, 2005 9:30 pm

Just flew IAD-BOS tonight, definitely heard some pilots talking to the FA's saying things like "well it's been great working with you..." etc. Otherwise flight was excellent, 15 mins early into BOS, etc. Oh well.