Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Independence Air iClub
Reload this Page >

Reservations Snafu or Early Xmas Gift?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2005, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

I've never flown Independence Air before although I am subscribed to its e-mail service and I have visited the Web site a few times.

Recently, I was looking for airfares and checked the Flyi Web site for flights departing IAD, but never went beyond the fare display screen.

A few hours later, I received a reservation confirmation e-mail from Independence Air departing out of one of its east coast cities to LAS via IAD. The reservation has my name and address, but the fare is $0.00. Seats were even assigned.

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:03 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
you better take that free ticket before FlyI goes out of business! HURRY!
Old Dec 7, 2005, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

I looked at DH's CoC and they don't prohibit hidden-city ticketing so I guess technically I *could* show up at IAD to take the second leg of the flight, but not sure I would feel right doing it. The flights are at the end of December so it would be taking a gamble anyway. I have no idea how this could have happened though!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 2:25 am

You are dealing with DH, they have fair screw ups and promo glitches all the time. A couple months ago there was an error and people were able to book $0 tickets, the airline honored them.

Originally Posted by bwiflyer01
I looked at DH's CoC and they don't prohibit hidden-city ticketing so I guess technically I *could* show up at IAD to take the second leg of the flight, but not sure I would feel right doing it. The flights are at the end of December so it would be taking a gamble anyway. I have no idea how this could have happened though!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

I figured it was a glitch, but in every other glitch I've heard about, people learned about the glitch and booked the reservations themselves. DH booked it for me without me doing anything.

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
You are dealing with DH, they have fair screw ups and promo glitches all the time. A couple months ago there was an error and people were able to book $0 tickets, the airline honored them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.