Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Out of Biz airline standby policy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:29 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by CO FF
(By the way: Section 145 is new, since 9/11; I don't remember what happened with Vanguard, and can't think of anyone else who has gone out of business since then.)
Vanguard was the first test of section 145. National Airlines followed immediately after Vanguard.

After the dust settled on Vanguard and National, the DOT issued a series of FAQs to clarify their position on section 145. Most of the FAQs resulted in the $50 administrative fee being established. The airlines were able to use the Vanguard case to verify that costs are around $50 (but it took them a while to get the DOT to agree on the cost methodologies). There have been other airlines since Vanguard, but DH is certainly the largest potential useage of section 145.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:31 pm

Programs: AC Basic, UA MP Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, SPG Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
...As for the families, I know the station manager at my home airport and am going to buy him a gift before I go over there tomorrow, he has been very helpful over the past year and we know each other by name....
Excellent idea!!! ^ ^
Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:29 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I would like to assure people I am not a 'cheat.'
I can't resist:

Oh! You mean like prior to FlyI's announcement of closing shop and issuing furlough notices, that they were assuring everybody, including the employees, that life was all fine and good?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:37 pm
Suspended

Trans-meridian went out in September. As for the families, I know the station manager at my home airport and am going to buy him a gift before I go over there tomorrow, he has been very helpful over the past year and we know each other by name. I have no intention of listing my charitable endeavors, however I would like to assure people I am not a 'cheat.'
yea you arent a "Cheat" and Nixon wasnt a "Crook". I can hear you saying that with you hands in the air just as Nixon did it.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craz
yea you arent a "Cheat" and Nixon wasnt a "Crook". I can hear you saying that with you hands in the air just as Nixon did it.
Honestly, the only thing I can say to that is, "do you have anything else better to do than tell an 18 year old he is a 'cheat'?

I am on my ridiculously long holiday break chilling on a forum. Now look, if no one else can even admit that they thought of doing what I suggested you are all lying to your self. I just had the balls to say it.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Honestly, the only thing I can say to that is, "do you have anything else better to do than tell an 18 year old he is a 'cheat'?

I am on my ridiculously long holiday break chilling on a forum. Now look, if no one else can even admit that they thought of doing what I suggested you are all lying to your self. I just had the balls to say it.
Maturity consists in large part of knowing which thoughts to keep silent, which to speak, and which to act on.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 9:09 pm

We're all doomed if every 18 year old is turning out with ethics like this one.

Last edited by AS Flyer; Jan 3, 2006 at 9:13 pm
Old Jan 5, 2006, 12:47 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
We really don't need the attacks. Please stick with the rule 145 issues at hand.

Fortunately, many of the issues that might have come up when the first post was made have been alleviated by the advance announcement from DH about the impending shutdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.