Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Independence Air iClub
Reload this Page >

It is all about sticking it to United

It is all about sticking it to United

Old Jan 5, 2006, 1:18 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by VTFreiherr
kryshakm, has your head been in the sand lately? It would seem your free market buddies in the formerly White (now Red) House....
ALL: Further OMNI/political posts should go in OMNI. They will be deleted on this thread. As will personal attacks and insults. Posters considering such may want to review the FlyerTalk TOS.

Thanks.

cblaisd
Senior Moderator

Last edited by cblaisd; Jan 5, 2006 at 2:50 am
Old Jan 5, 2006, 6:29 am

Programs: UA1K
Originally Posted by StSebastian
I found it an interesting irony today that the reports are out about UA's approval of their emergence from bankruptcy just as we're seeing DH go into Ch7.
i agree, it is ironic.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 6:51 pm

Programs: US dividend miles, Omni Select Guest, United Mplus
"If this doesnt prove that they started an airline for spite I dont know what does"
Your absolutly right. The media, anyway, made the airline out to be the greatest thing that has ever happened to industry, claiming it was such a great, simple, low fare alternative to the Star Alliance "big boys". The truth is all DH set out to do was stab United in the back. Now look who's flying!

Last edited by usairwaysLamb; Jan 8, 2006 at 6:53 pm
Old Jan 8, 2006, 8:12 pm

looking back at it, it was a kamikaze mission. By forcing ual to match their prices they lost thousands if not millions.

Originally Posted by usairwaysLamb
"If this doesnt prove that they started an airline for spite I dont know what does"
Your absolutly right. The media, anyway, made the airline out to be the greatest thing that has ever happened to industry, claiming it was such a great, simple, low fare alternative to the Star Alliance "big boys". The truth is all DH set out to do was stab United in the back. Now look who's flying!
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:31 pm

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by usairwaysLamb
The media, anyway, made the airline out to be the greatest thing that has ever happened to industry, claiming it was such a great, simple, low fare alternative to the Star Alliance "big boys".
I'm not sure what media you are talking about, the Washington Post was generally very negative from day one about DH until the very last minute and then they started being sympathetic.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:40 pm

This is true, your a real [profane expletive deleted by the senior moderator] if you kick them while they are down. But for DC the fairs droped, the media is people too and they enjoyed their 29$ tickets to FL. I mean everyone's credit card will have a biger charger now that they are gone.

Originally Posted by spampurse
I'm not sure what media you are talking about, the Washington Post was generally very negative from day one about DH until the very last minute and then they started being sympathetic.

Last edited by cblaisd; Jan 9, 2006 at 7:53 pm Reason: Deleted profanity
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
looking back at it, it was a kamikaze mission. By forcing ual to match their prices they lost thousands if not millions.
Amen.....and it wasn't just United- it was to hurt everyone who competed on their routes-the irony is rich here. And while $29 fares looked great on everyone's credit card- no airline that is not subsidized by its government could ever exist on that. Period.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA GS 1K, CO PLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG PLAT, Hyatt PLAT
Originally Posted by spampurse
I listen to that same hotline every week and I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't listened to this week's hotline, but most the time it is talking about operational performance and occassionally he mentions how we are out-performing our competitors (which UAL is one, and yes we are out performing UAL in LOTS of areas), but most weeks it is more of an goal setting operational pep-talk than a UAL bash-fest like you describe.
This was like making comments about the other team in the newspaper - it just gets posted in the locker room!
Old Jan 12, 2006, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA GS 1K, CO PLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG PLAT, Hyatt PLAT
Originally Posted by dforgues
Each week Tom Moore records a message to DH employees. You can listen to it by calling 866-465-9309. In every message he talks about how great Fly I is doing operationally and he often talks about how badly United is doing in comparison. If this doesnt prove that they started an airline for spite I dont know what does.
Hey, there's no recording anymore...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.