Community
Wiki Posts
Search

About the Companion Pass Deal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
About the Companion Pass Deal

For those in the know, how restricted will these seats be? The terms are vague at best. Say I fly two cheapo trips to GSO (have one booked already). Then can I use the companion pass for something grander like LAX or SEA? Will only one or two seats per flight be set aside for this?
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:01 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
On a related note, anyone know if the deal requires 2 roundtrips, or just any 4 one-way trips? I have some upcoming trips where I would only be flying 1 way and then driving back.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 8:57 am

Programs: UA Premier, AA, DL, HA, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver
Companion Deal NOT SUCH A GREAT DEAL AFTER ALL

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
On a related note, anyone know if the deal requires 2 roundtrips, or just any 4 one-way trips? I have some upcoming trips where I would only be flying 1 way and then driving back.
After being on hold for more than 30 minutes and of course, being re-routed to an overseas call center, I have the answer.

I had a couple of Happy Bags coupons that I wanted to use. So I booked a one-way flight from EWR-IAD, another one-way flight from IAD-BOS, and another one-way flight from BOS-IAD. All flown segements after July 1 (in fact, I flew these segments within two weeks).

Now, I was planning to buy a IAD-EWR to complete the 2 required "round-trips" to qualify for the companion pass.

Well, so that's what I thought the case was. After speaking to many supervisors, the Flyi agent told me that a "roundtrip" means in the same reservation. So, for all those that thought they would get the companion pass by essentially booking 4 one-ways (hell, I even booked the 4 one-ways in and out of the same city), you won't qualify for the deal.

Kind of sucks. Especially after I sent DH a great letter saying the flights and service are amazing. Customer service via phone on the other hand is not so great. They have one phone number for everything concerning DH. Flights, Iclub, etc. But, I guess you get what you pay for. =)
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by dcpaul
After being on hold for more than 30 minutes and of course, being re-routed to an overseas call center, I have the answer.

I had a couple of Happy Bags coupons that I wanted to use. So I booked a one-way flight from EWR-IAD, another one-way flight from IAD-BOS, and another one-way flight from BOS-IAD. All flown segements after July 1 (in fact, I flew these segments within two weeks).

Now, I was planning to buy a IAD-EWR to complete the 2 required "round-trips" to qualify for the companion pass.

Well, so that's what I thought the case was. After speaking to many supervisors, the Flyi agent told me that a "roundtrip" means in the same reservation. So, for all those that thought they would get the companion pass by essentially booking 4 one-ways (hell, I even booked the 4 one-ways in and out of the same city), you won't qualify for the deal.

Kind of sucks. Especially after I sent DH a great letter saying the flights and service are amazing. Customer service via phone on the other hand is not so great. They have one phone number for everything concerning DH. Flights, Iclub, etc. But, I guess you get what you pay for. =)

DH came out with a new list of terms for the companion pass that weren't on there site when they launched the offer and are not printing in the 'time table' book:
"** Book and complete two roundtrip flights between 7.01.05 and 9.30.05. GLiDE pass travel does not qualify for companion pass promotion. Companion ticket is only valid for roundtrip travel in combination with the iCLUB member traveling on any regularly available roundtrip fare (excluding GLiDE pass) over the same itinerary. Companion ticket may not be redeemed for cash and is subject to collection of segment fees of up to $12.80, the September 11th Security Fee of up to $10.00 and Passenger Facility Charges of up to $18.00. Companion ticket travel is good for travel between 9.06.05 and 11.15.05, subject to seat availability. "

Since flights booked using happy bags coupons had to be booked by 6.30.05 you can't have a flight booked with both. Since the happy bags coupons would take $20 off a one way not just $10 like the fine print read, dh was almost giving away free flights durring their $29 fair sale.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.