Wiki Posts
Search

How does pricing work

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: flyi, usair, united, delta, hertz
Question How does pricing work

I am going to RSW for three days from PWM the 3rd to the 5th.
I will only have a carry on so I am not checking bags.
If I book online using the corporate discount and book it as a connecting flight the price is 253.70.
If I book it as two seperate trips- PWM to IAD and then IAD to RSW for the exact same connections and flight times, the price is 220.10.

I can check in for both flights online and get my boarding passes. There are also Kisosk in Terminal A at IAD.

Why the difference?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:27 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Supply and demand. And a little bit of magic.

Sometimes they have a sale and weird things like this happen. They didn't put PWM-RSW on sale, but they did on everything in and out of IAD, so it ends up being a little goofy like that. It happens with all of the airlines at one time or another.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:01 am

Programs: Skymiles Silver, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Just be careful if you do this. Since they will be on separate PNR's, if your flight into IAD is late, you may be considered a no show on your next flight.

Originally Posted by StSebastian
Supply and demand. And a little bit of magic.

Sometimes they have a sale and weird things like this happen. They didn't put PWM-RSW on sale, but they did on everything in and out of IAD, so it ends up being a little goofy like that. It happens with all of the airlines at one time or another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.