Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Save 20% through 3/31/05

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2004, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Save 20% through 3/31/05

Got a flyer in the mail yesterday which reads in part
Go to www.FLYi.com/save20, answer a few quick questions about your company travel and click the submit button. We'll then send you a special web address where everyone at your company can book their travel at a 20% discount on our available fares at the time of booking on Independence Air flights booked by March 31, 2005.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 7:49 pm

^^^
My large Northern-VA based firm got this agreement in place maybe 2 weeks ago. The best part about it is they provide a website to book personal trips (for 20% off), in addition to the ability to book business fares at 20% off through our corporate travel office. Let's hope it can drum up enough business to sustain FlyI through the Spring.
Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:48 pm

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
just FYI

On top of that, I believe you still get double I-club points for travel thru June 30th.

If you work it just right and hit the 20% off on top of one of their sale fares the savings can be pretty substantial. I just booked a family member MCO-IAD for $81 round trip including taxes and fees while FlyI was doing a sale on flights to FL + using the 20% off. That is on the A319 too, not the CRJ.
Old Dec 25, 2004, 9:02 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
That's interesting...that negates one of the employee benefits.

Still, I should do that for my small business to get some discounts on fares. We already have employees that fly DH for work, so saving 20% will be a nice extra little savings for the company.
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Thank you gleff. I signed our company up for this last week and just today received e-mail confirmation.
One warning, the e-mail comes from "Chris Blandamer, Regional Sales" and the subject is "Here's your 20% corporate travel discount." This is just the kind of message heading that causes many of us to just delete without reading, and I needed to recover it from my trash bin after seeing this thread again.
We took our first DH flight today, and the airplane was packed SDF-IAD.
The service was just as good as it could be considering that the aircraft was one of those detestable Canadairs which only provide some minimal comfort when there is room to stretch out, and there was little of that today.
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:41 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
** Waking up an old thread **

If you go to the above link you'll notice that the date is now through the end of July instead of the end of March like it was before. Since I already had this for my office I wrote Independence to ask if the same link I already had was still good through the new date or if it would expire on the original ending date. They said it was still good through the new expiration date, so that works out well for me in trying to plan some travel for my company this summer to one of the new west coast destinations.
Old Mar 22, 2005, 9:49 pm

Programs: Brown medallion
Here's an alternative 20% off link from BusinessWeek, good till June 1:
http://www.flyi.com/specials/businessweeksave20/

I believe this one has no company questionnaires.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:38 am

Hey--this link isn't working for me for some reason.. Is there another one? Would love to take advantage of this deal! Thanks!
Old Mar 25, 2005, 9:22 pm

Independence recently made some changes to their site, so they might have ended the BusinessWeek promotion, or moved the URL to another location. Maybe too many people were taking advantage of the 20% off...
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:30 pm

Sorry about the link not working.

They bought a one-page ad in Business Week, March 21 edition. Too bad the promo got pulled after only a few days. Yeah, I guess they got too many responses.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 1:08 am

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by chicka12
Hey--this link isn't working for me for some reason.. Is there another one? Would love to take advantage of this deal! Thanks!
If you know someone who works for DH they get unlimited 20% off buddy passes for friends and family in addition to their other travel benefits. I would offer my services, but the employee has to book the reservation using your credit card number thru the employee website, so you would probably want to go with someone you know and trust.

Never be afraid to hit up your friends for discounts... that's my motto!
Old Mar 30, 2005, 4:08 pm

Oh that's such a great deal. I need to find a friend who works for Independence Air! Do they ever team up with businesses? And if so, does it work the same way, where if you know someone who uses IA for business travel can get you the discount? Just wondering. I haven't heard of too many airlines doing this..
Old Apr 7, 2005, 9:53 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vholic
Here's an alternative 20% off link from BusinessWeek, good till June 1:
http://www.flyi.com/specials/businessweeksave20/

I believe this one has no company questionnaires.
The link is working again!
Old Apr 8, 2005, 12:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
You don't need to do anything to get this Businessweek fare, do you? No special ID or anything, right?
Old Apr 8, 2005, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by MFLetou
You don't need to do anything to get this Businessweek fare, do you? No special ID or anything, right?
Correct. Use the above link and that's it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.