Search

Flyi Airbus service to west coast.

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2005, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Flyi Airbus service to west coast.

LAS
On our recent return from CA we flew in to LAS about 5 hours before our DH red-eye departure. We thought we would check in for our DH flight on the way to the strip for dinner, but their system doesn't interface with the universal kiosks, there is no DH kiosk and the counter doesn't open till 9pm. Phone support suggested online check-in.

LAS has finally updated their lockers to the new biometric type (at least in A/B concourse)

RE: snacks and meal service
Originally Posted by StSebastian
I've got one this afternoon to LAS (on my way to an FT Do) and I'll see if anything's changed or if they have any comments about service they plan to have when the other west coast flights get going.
No change, snack and beverage early, then snack box and beverage before landing.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 7:26 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
More comments I made during the trip:

* Seemed to be a lot of infrequent flyers
- Complaints about taking 5 hours to get from IAD-LAS
- Someone tried to turn on and use a cell phone at 35K
- Might have also been due to the NASCAR weekend
* Passengers being very group social
- seemed like groups of friends or extended family decided to go to LAS because of the promo fares

* One hour in, drinks and selection from snack basket
- Served from tray instead of cart (like Jetblue service)
- Choices between chips, cookies, pretzels, or breakfast bar
* Uses LED lights for passenger lights and other cabin lighting
- passenger service lights very focused, great for not disturbing others on the red-eye
* Seat belt sign off nearly entire flight
- turned off during ascent
- only turned on once when we hit relatively significant turbulence (surprised me that they waited that long, but I liked it)
* 3.5 hours in, snack box with crackers, cheese, raisins, bite size candy bars, cookies, and hard candies; second drink order
- needed more crackers
- definately not going to be confused for a meal

That was westbound -- the eastbound red-eye was similar but I was sleeping through a lot of it.
Old Apr 7, 2005, 6:59 am

Programs: Skyteam Elite, Starwood Gold, Kmart ShopYourWay Rewards
On April 14, Independence Air begins flights between Washington Dulles International Airport and San Diego. On May 1, it plans to add flights from Dulles to San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Jose, Calif., and Seattle.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Same service to TPA?????

I'm on an A319 to TPA next week. is this the same service??? Anyone done this on this aircraft?
Old Apr 20, 2005, 9:07 am

It's Great

... Just did the route the other day and it was great!
F/A s were excellent (as always)!
It's similar to the LAS service in my opinion but obviously shorter. Actually come to think of it I think that we got in early.
Seats were extremely comfortable (as always).

All in All I think that it is time for Indy to order up some more more of these larger aircraft because the flight was full and everything was great about it even the price. I got the flight on sale before it filled up so it was a steal.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:12 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I believe they're bringing them on about 1 per week or so. The last several have been to get prepped for the 5 new west coast destinations, and then the next one after that will be for the already announced CLT increased service. After that, I'd expect to either see RSW/FLL or something mid-west. If they're really scrappy, an announced DEN flight would really get the claws to come out.
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:27 am

Programs: iClub
I believe they're bringing them on about 1 per week or so. The last several have been to get prepped for the 5 new west coast destinations, and then the next one after that will be for the already announced CLT increased service. After that, I'd expect to either see RSW/FLL or something mid-west. If they're really scrappy, an announced DEN flight would really get the claws to come out.
I think they already fly to RSW.

BBB
Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:02 am

Yeah...I meant south Florida and just didn't make sure to pick airports they didn't yet serve.
Old May 11, 2005, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
* One hour in, drinks and selection from snack basket
- Served from tray instead of cart (like Jetblue service)
- Choices between chips, cookies, pretzels, or breakfast bar
* Uses LED lights for passenger lights and other cabin lighting
- passenger service lights very focused, great for not disturbing others on the red-eye
* Seat belt sign off nearly entire flight
- turned off during ascent
- only turned on once when we hit relatively significant turbulence (surprised me that they waited that long, but I liked it)
* 3.5 hours in, snack box with crackers, cheese, raisins, bite size candy bars, cookies, and hard candies; second drink order
- needed more crackers
- definately not going to be confused for a meal

That was westbound -- the eastbound red-eye was similar but I was sleeping through a lot of it.
I had almost the same experience on a IAD-SJC roundtrip 5/5-5/8. Pleasant flight. I hope they are still in business when I need to make a return flight to the West Coast in September!
Old May 14, 2005, 9:36 pm

I just got back from Las Vegas via Independence Air. One of the best flights to Las Vegas I ever took. I paid $170 for a roundtrip nonstop flight from Washington D.C. The CEO of Independence Air himself was on the outbound flight, and made an opening announcement that mentioned, among other things, that the seats on their new Airbus 319s had two more inches of pitch than the airline that he referred to as "Brand X." Cheap fare, roomy seats, friendly crew, and currently double frequent flyer points. What's not to like? I've booked more travel in August and am definitely rooting for their survival.

---------------

An Amateur's Guide to Las Vegas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.