Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage Dining Program: How long before I see the activity on their website?

AAdvantage Dining Program: How long before I see the activity on their website?

Old Jul 30, 2009, 7:32 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Question AAdvantage Dining Program: How long before I see the activity on their website?

I realized that I was in danger of losing my AAdvantage Miles due to inactivity.

I enrolled in the Dining Program and endured what was one of the WORST meals I have ever had. ( stay away from the Silverdale , WA Azteca....I swear I was served cat and it says a lot that the best part of the meal was the 1/4" raw onion slice on my sandwich).

Unfortunately, this restaurant appears to be the only one registered in Kitsap County.

Anyway...approx. how long does it take for the dining activity to show up on the Aadvantage Dining website? I want to make sure I wasn't poisoned for nothing.

Thanks.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 7:39 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Usually within a few days (depending on when the restaurant batches transactions to the iDine system). AAdvantage miles batch seems to be on Tuesday evenings (at least for me).

E.g.

Dine on Saturday - usually syncs with the iDine system by Monday/Tuesday, miles post the following Tuesday evening.

Dine on Monday - usually syncs with iDine by Wednesday/Thursday, miles post the following Tuesday evening.

Last edited by JY1024; Jul 30, 2009 at 7:41 am Reason: Clarification as OP seems was asking about posting to iDine, not AA
Old Jul 30, 2009, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by david4455
I realized that I was in danger of losing my AAdvantage Miles due to inactivity.

I enrolled in the Dining Program and endured what was one of the WORST meals I have ever had. ( stay away from the Silverdale , WA Azteca....I swear I was served cat and it says a lot that the best part of the meal was the 1/4" raw onion slice on my sandwich).

Unfortunately, this restaurant appears to be the only one registered in Kitsap County.

Anyway...approx. how long does it take for the dining activity to show up on the Aadvantage Dining website? I want to make sure I wasn't poisoned for nothing.

Thanks.
Oh, the things we do for miles...
Old Jul 31, 2009, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by david4455
endured what was one of the WORST meals I have ever had. ( stay away from the Silverdale , WA Azteca....I swear I was served cat and it says a lot that the best part of the meal was the 1/4" raw onion slice on my sandwich).

Sorry you had such a bad experience. RN restaurants are often hit and miss, but there are some excellent ones in NYC (where there are hundreds of RN=-registered places). If you're ever in Manhattan, try Neo Sushi, Grandaisy Bakery, or Borgo Antico. I'd go to those places even if they weren't offering miles.
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
My dines will post in my i-dine statement usually 3 days after the dine. They are in "pending" status. On the following Tuesday, they are deposited into AA.

For example, I had a dine on Wednesday this week. They showed up in i-dine today. I expect to see the miles in AA on Tuesday.

So posting time will vary based on the date of your dine.

Interestingly, on Tuesdays, the miles still show as "pending" in your i-dine account, but they are deposited in AA at this point. I-dine will show as "paid" on Wednesday morning.

Last edited by margarita girl; Aug 1, 2009 at 5:59 am
Old Nov 14, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA, SPG
Is this still accurate info? I dined on the 7th and it showed up in my idine account on the 9th. Now (the 14th) it still hasn't hit my AA account, which will expire in 5 days if this doesn't hit by then.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by gordonlee33
Is this still accurate info? I dined on the 7th and it showed up in my idine account on the 9th. Now (the 14th) it still hasn't hit my AA account, which will expire in 5 days if this doesn't hit by then.
I suggest that you redeem a few hundred of your AA miles (min. 350) for a newspaper or magazine subscription. That should immediately reset your miles expiration date to 18 months in the future. (Or check the AA website for other earnings/redemption possibilities.)

Per the AA website (and similar to a number of other FF programs, though not necessarily all of them!), any mileage-earning or redeeming activity will reset your expiration date.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked my account. Miles still post on Tuesdays. You probably missed the Nov 9th sweep which means miles should post tomorrow (Nov 16th).
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Just checked my account. Miles still post on Tuesdays. You probably missed the Nov 9th sweep which means miles should post tomorrow (Nov 16th).
Still nothing as of 6pm on the 16th. Its well over a week, so I don't know what the problem is.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still nothing as of 6pm on the 16th. Its well over a week, so I don't know what the problem is.
So it's still showing as pending in your RN account?

Did you look in your AA account? As I mentioned earlier, they usually post in AA before they change from pending to paid in RN.

If the miles aren't there, I have no explanation.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
So it's still showing as pending in your RN account?

Did you look in your AA account? As I mentioned earlier, they usually post in AA before they change from pending to paid in RN.

If the miles aren't there, I have no explanation.
This finally posted sometime between Tuesday evening and today. Thanks.
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:06 pm

Problems getting Aadvantage Dining miles posted?

I use to get an email from the Rewards Network people practically as soon as the charge posted and the miles appeared on my AA account within a week or so.

The last few times I've dined at a restaurant, the miles did not post.

There has been no change to my credit card.

I emailed Rewards Network customer service and they had me email my credit card receipt to them.

Has anyone else had difficulties?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Mine usually take several weeks to a month - if it happened in a week that would be quick for me. I've noticed iDine taking a longer time to post them to the website 1st.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 3:47 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Ironically, I dined at one location and purchased coffee at a second on Nov 24. My e-mail notifying me miles had posted (on AAdvantage Dining) arrived 29 November, and it will probably take a very few days to post at aa.com.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 11:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AAdvantage
I just did my first dine on Friday to get the sign-up bonus, but I got take-out delivery. And I now I can't find anywhere on their website to figure out if take-out counts. Any help?

Update: Yes, take out does count. The miles posted, now to wait for the bonus to post.

Last edited by sent; Dec 21, 2010 at 7:21 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.